Scores 15/2

Craig fae the Vale

4 minutes ago, beithboy said:

Yes it has been and improvements are made at bellsdale EVERY year by volunteers giving up their time and helping improve the facilities at bellsdale.  And here lies my point New Tinto park has been open for 5 years  and nothing has been done to improve what us already there. 

Let's try and explain this another way you drive a ten year old car but would like a new one your neighbour buys a new car every year why he because he can afford to do so . Beith can afford to improve bellsdale but benburb can't afford to improve tinto.

Edited by wow-wee

5 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Ok so benburb  lose out on 30 fans not going because there's no shed half the fans pay £3 the others £6 that gives them a grand total of £135 if they get 3 games a season where these stay away fans don t turn  up still not going to be enough money to pay for a stand if they do turn up it is what it is don t go if you don t want to get wet.

Mmm do you think we only get three Saturdays in a football season when it rains well let’s look at that, Beith have been to new tinto twice this season and it pissed down on both occasions and stopped our favs going. So we take about 100 fans to away games so that’s about 100 fan paying £6/£3 about £500 over two games that did not attend . I think you should review your figures. 

4 minutes ago, beithboy said:

Mmm do you think we only get three Saturdays in a football season when it rains well let’s look at that, Beith have been to new tinto twice this season and it pissed down on both occasions and stopped our favs going. So we take about 100 fans to away games so that’s about 100 fan paying £6/£3 about £500 over two games that did not attend . I think you should review your figures. 

Ok that's your figures so can you tell me the cost of building a shelter.?

Yes it has been and improvements are made at bellsdale EVERY year by volunteers giving up their time and helping improve the facilities at bellsdale.  And here lies my point New Tinto park has been open for 5 years  and nothing has been done to improve what us already there. 
Which they've spent ground sharing and playing lower league fitba which makes it harder to attract a gate, gain sponsorship,put on events, get local businesses on board and making money therefor keeping a team on the park and the lights on at the club become the main priority id have thought might be wrong tho. Easy to gloat when yer winning and times are good won't always be that way tho

34 minutes ago, mightychewbacca said:
48 minutes ago, nearly man said:
Not built on a slope, jeezo that's original never heard that before you missed out we also have a Scottish cup 2 premier league titles and 2 west of Scotland cups in the last decade, your lot won't get any of them.

So you can slate other folks facilities but they can't question yours? What you've won in the last decade isn't the issue you raised in your original post

My original post was about the lack of facilities at new tinto park, nothing to do with Bellsdale but you chose to bring that up with a snide comment about a slope which wasn't relevant but well done trying to deflect the topic of conversation, I genuinely believe people will stop going to this ground in the days when there is poor weather and I think that would be a real shame although I see others think different.

14 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Let's try and explain this another way you drive a ten year old car but would like a new one your neighbour buys a new car every year why he because he can afford to do so . Beith can afford to improve bellsdale but benburb can't afford to improve tinto.

Excellent point mate but I do think there should be some basic criteria if clubs want to play at the top level of junior football and that includes providing some cover for the paying spectators.

3 minutes ago, mightychewbacca said:
15 minutes ago, beithboy said:

Which they've spent ground sharing and playing lower league fitba which makes it harder to attract a gate, gain sponsorship,put on events, get local businesses on board and making money therefor keeping a team on the park and the lights on at the club become the main priority id have thought might be wrong tho. Easy to gloat when yer winning and times are good won't always be that way tho

firstly, Where in any of my posts have I gloated about winning anything.  

secondly,  if you actually read my last post the work done in bellsdale is 99% done by volunteers. 

thirdly, to keep the lights on one of the things you have to do is get fans through the turnstiles to bring in revenue. 

finally, if they own the park and are ground sharing surely they are making money off their tenants. and they are renting the park through the week to make money , which when these facilities are built is one of the main reasons for doing it. To create revenue 

And I'm sure I read that Benburb get all bar takings and food sales from Rossvales home games plus the rental...

firstly, Where in any of my posts have I gloated about winning anything.  

secondly,  if you actually read my last post the work done in bellsdale is 99% done by volunteers. 

thirdly, to keep the lights on one of the things you have to do is get fans through the turnstiles to bring in revenue. 

finally, if they own the park and are ground sharing surely they are making money off their tenants. and they are renting the park through the week to make money , which when these facilities are built is one of the main reasons for doing it. To create revenue 

10 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Excellent point mate but I do think there should be some basic criteria if clubs want to play at the top level of junior football and that includes providing some cover for the paying spectators.

I agree the further you go up the leagues you should have a certain level of facilities and that includes shelter we don t have shelters yet but will have for the new season because we can now afford them .

Edited by wow-wee

If you hadn't got your recent sponsorship would you still have been able to afford them?

I agree the further you go up the leagues you should have a certain level of facilities and that includes shelter we don t have shelters get but will have for the new season but we can now afford them and that's why they will be out in place.

And I'm sure I read that Benburb get all bar takings and food sales from Rossvales home games plus the rental...
So this season, there first in the top flight since moving and having a tenant, they might start making a few bob and think about looking at getting some covered areas. 7months that's been happening n they should be millionaires

56 minutes ago, mightychewbacca said:
1 hour ago, andy25 said:

So this season, there first in the top flight since moving and having a tenant, they might start making a few bob and think about looking at getting some covered areas. 7months that's been happening n they should be millionaires

Might depend on whether Benburb beat the drop as well.