Scores 15/2

Craig fae the Vale

Got to laugh, these clubs get these Astro pitches built as it's the way to go for some clubs , we get told it's the sign of the times we need to move forward then they expect folk to enjoy the poor facilities they put in place for the paying public, but it only probably effects visiting fans as Rossvale have a small amount of supporters anyway, place is a joke and let's down the junior game.

If theses clubs have a plan when they move to these custom built facilities I’m sorry I don’t see it. New tinto Park has been on the go for a good few years now and nothing has been done in that time to provide cover for fans (yes I know it costs money).  But it costs money for clubs like Benburb and Rossvale money when fans don’t go to the games. because of the lack of  facilities.   These soulless plastic facilities don’t promote the game but discourage fans from going to them  which was evident yesterday When you would lucky if there was 100 people at the game.

4 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Game shouldve been off but we got on with it and played well.

Mon the papers

Holm Park is looking good and will get better same as Buffs new ground however at top level of juniors some cover should be provided. Benburb have seats but no cover ffs. Sure that Bankies and Buffs will sort things out hopefully for next season. Benburb have been few seasons now though... the guy at Medda Park has thrown up a couple of small but effective shelters should get in touch with him 

4 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Holm Park is looking good and will get better same as Buffs new ground however at top level of juniors some cover should be provided. Benburb have seats but no cover ffs. Sure that Bankies and Buffs will sort things out hopefully for next season. Benburb have been few seasons now though... the guy at Medda Park has thrown up a couple of small but effective shelters should get in touch with him 

Replacement cover should be in place for new season - various delays to pavillion work have set plans back a bit.  Would hope then to move on to other improvements around the place. Just the start for Holm Park

They have decent parking, a nice bar, clean toilets, clean area serving food, disabled access, seating for supporters, decent playing surface plus it's not built on a slope.. Needs cover but I'm sure they're reminded of that on a weekly basis its hardly a joke of a place. You visited during a storm that might explain the numbers. Your lot don't have some of those things

If theses clubs have a plan when they move to these custom built facilities I’m sorry I don’t see it. New tinto Park has been on the go for a good few years now and nothing has been done in that time to provide cover for fans (yes I know it costs money).  But it costs money for clubs like Benburb and Rossvale money when fans don’t go to the games. because of the lack of  facilities.   These soulless plastic facilities don’t promote the game but discourage fans from going to them  which was evident yesterday When you would lucky if there was 100 people at the game.

Why is it when a club gets an astro park it becomes soulless?

There is a lot of things to be considered when running a facility. Like keeping the lights on

Different clubs will prioritise different things.

From very recent experience things take a period of time to make them happen, like stands, new toilets, disabled fan facilities etc.

Not built on a slope, jeezo that's original never heard that before you missed out we also have a Scottish cup 2 premier league titles and 2 west of Scotland cups in the last decade, your lot won't get any of them.
So you can slate other folks facilities but they can't question yours? What you've won in the last decade isn't the issue you raised in your original post

13 minutes ago, mightychewbacca said:

They have decent parking, a nice bar, clean toilets, clean area serving food, disabled access, seating for supporters, decent playing surface plus it's not built on a slope.. Needs cover but I'm sure they're reminded of that on a weekly basis its hardly a joke of a place. You visited during a storm that might explain the numbers. Your lot don't have some of those things

You obviously have not been to Bellsdale for a few years.  New toilet blocks finished last year, also toilets in the bar area,  we have a bar, good food outlet with some of the best food in the juniors.  Disabled access is very easy at Bellsdale.  Plenty of parking in the areas around the park.  And one of the best playing surfaces in the division.  So what don’t we have that tinto Park has?  Not to mention unlike tinto Park we have three covered terraces which I would rather have than a seat in the pissing rain. 

It's great how fans can come in here and shout that club's should build shelters when they have no idea of the cost of these things most junior club do have cover but most of them were built decade's ago when no planning or even building warrant was ever applied for but in today's environment all these things are now required and the cost for it before you pay for materials and Labour is way beyond most club's . Renfrew has a small shelter and it's a nice modern ground but what fans moaned about that it was to small ! If a team has no shelter and your a visiting fan then you know to take an umbrella or if you don t want to get wet then simp!y don t go.

Take an umbrella when its 50mph winds [emoji848]

It's great how fans can come in here and shout that club's should build shelters when they have no idea of the cost of these things most junior club do have cover but most of them were built decade's ago when no planning or even building warrant was ever applied for but in today's environment all these things are now required and the cost for it before you pay for materials and Labour is way beyond most club's . Renfrew has a small shelter and it's a nice modern ground but what fans moaned about that it was to small ! If a team has no shelter and your a visiting fan then you know to take an umbrella or if you don t want to get wet then simp!y don t go.

Renfrews maybe a modern ground but it has no stepped terracing so unless you get to the front you'll have no view .

1 minute ago, wow-wee said:

Stay in the house and don t go ! Still not answering the cost of a shelter.

I would say over a period of time it would cost them more if they don’t have cover with fans staying away. 

1 minute ago, andy25 said:

Renfrews maybe a modern ground but it has no stepped terracing so unless you get to the front you'll have no view .

It has in the small shelter but why do they need to build raised terrace for one or two games a season

All of those facilities achieved over decades of investment. Some of it obviously very recent. Give them a chance

You obviously have not been to Bellsdale for a few years.  New toilet blocks finished last year, also toilets in the bar area,  we have a bar, good food outlet with some of the best food in the juniors.  Disabled access is very easy at Bellsdale.  Plenty of parking in the areas around the park.  And one of the best playing surfaces in the division.  So what don’t we have that tinto Park has?  Not to mention unlike tinto Park we have three covered terraces which I would rather have than a seat in the pissing rain. 

3 minutes ago, beithboy said:

I would say over a period of time it would cost them more if they don’t have cover with fans staying away. 

Ok so benburb  lose out on 30 fans not going because there's no shed half the fans pay £3 the others £6 that gives them a grand total of £135 if they get 3 games a season where these stay away fans don t turn  up still not going to be enough money to pay for a stand if they do turn up it is what it is don t go if you don t want to get wet.

8 minutes ago, mightychewbacca said:

All of those facilities achieved over decades of investment. Some of it obviously very recent. Give them a chance

Yes it has been and improvements are made at bellsdale EVERY year by volunteers giving up their time and helping improve the facilities at bellsdale.  And here lies my point New Tinto park has been open for 5 years  and nothing has been done to improve what us already there.