Cove v City

32 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Thought Cove were on balance the better side, although City were dangerous with their chances. Was quite impressed with Scully and Watson(?) throughout. 

It's really annoying without player names on the kits. Should be mandatory throughout the SPFL.

Scully number 4 and Watson (just signed from Annan) is number 10. We’re hoping Watson fills the void of Glass; who was exceptional for us. I’m always looking out for him since he’s back with the Arabs. Slightly different type of player but creative and can go past players

Like the idea of the names on players shirts for all SPFL

Edited by CoveRangers1922

7 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Like the idea of the names on players shirts for all SPFL

"Right son, we'll get your favourite player's name on the back of your shirt. Who is it?"

"Henderson"

"OK pal, how much is it per letter?"

"5 quid a letter"

"5 quid a letter eh?. Son, your favourite player is now Kane ..."

Elgin looked very poor in 1st half from the highlights, both sides did look tidy on the ball tho & Elgin came into it more in 2nd half, missed couple one on one's but they didn't look like scoring, thought the number 3 for Queens Park looked a player on the highlights, i think hes come from Hibs but might be wrong on that, Galt's goal was cracker, he definitely has bit of technique him & looks like he could play a league up, I'm expecting Elgin response next week but I'll be hoping its the same lack of composure in front of goal vs us lol, I did predict both Cove & Queens Park , home records good for both sides, Edinburgh seemed unlucky coming up short but their nailed on for 2nd minimum now.

Our left back is Josh Doig. Only 17 years of age. Definitely one to watch. MOTM performance on Saturday. Involved in both goals and had an all round impressive game.

"Right son, we'll get your favourite player's name on the back of your shirt. Who is it?"
"Henderson"
"OK pal, how much is it per letter?"
"5 quid a letter"
"5 quid a letter eh?. Son, your favourite player is now Kane ..."
A few years ago Albion rovers couldn't use one of their sets of strips as they were so stained and they couldnt afford to replace them. If lower league clubs all had to adopt squad numbers and have names on the tops it would be surely be unaffordable for some as you would need loads more tops, and would have to bin some if players leave.
Imagine if your club decided they couldn't sign anyone in the January window because they couldn't afford to get extra strips.
It would be cheaper for clubs to print a few hundred team sheets to hand out at the turnstiles if people really need to know everybody's name. QP have them available for a small charity donation.
These days however most people now have a smart phone at the game, so it's easy enough to find the lineups online.

3 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

It would be cheaper for clubs to print a few hundred team sheets to hand out at the turnstiles if people really need to know everybody's name. QP have them available for a small charity donation.

Some Highland League clubs have started making you buy a half time raffle ticket to get one, fair enough imo, normally free.

Just now, Jimmy Shaker said:

You don’t have to buy a raffle to get one at Lossie. We just have the same boy dealing with both.

There was two guys at the table, when I asked for a team sheet one of them said only if I bought a raffle ticket. I'll demand a refund next year if that's the case.