Cove v City

No-one seems interested in the top of the table clash. I guess both of us newbies are not universally popular ..

I suspect it will be a wind affected affair judging by the forecast. Much as I'd like to get revenge for the opening day stuffing up there I can foresee a dreadful game ending 1-1...

No-one seems interested in the top of the table clash. I guess both of us newbies are not universally popular ..
I suspect it will be a wind affected affair judging by the forecast. Much as I'd like to get revenge for the opening day stuffing up there I can foresee a dreadful game ending 1-1...
You guys are fine. Cove are complete bellends though apart from CR1922. He's a good egg.

Edinburgh win please.

Trust me if you saw us last week you’d be more than hopeful for a win! That’s no disrepect to Elgin (who were fantastic and superior to us in every department). We were squabbling with each other, couldn’t string 2 passes together and looked like 11 individuals.

Mitch is having a late fitness test. He missed last week and I couldn’t believe how reliant we are on him. Even with Mitch we would have got beat comfortably 

No Mitch, City win otherwise we might get a draw!

50 mph wind and 97% chance of rain on a plastic pitch 😮

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Trust me if you saw us last week you’d be more than hopeful for a win! That’s no disrepect to Elgin (who were fantastic and superior to us in every department). We were squabbling with each other, couldn’t string 2 passes together and looked like 11 individuals.
Mitch is having a late fitness test. He missed last week and I couldn’t believe how reliant we are on him. Even with Mitch we would have got beat comfortably 
50 mph wind and 97% chance of rain on a plastic pitch [emoji50]

Is Declan Glass a big miss? Didn’t you get a replacement from Dundee Utd for him? How has he done?

17 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Is Declan Glass a big miss? Didn’t you get a replacement from Dundee Utd for him? How has he done?

He’s a huge miss and as you rightly say we haven’t replaced him. He had the ability to take on players and had real creativity. Will have a bright future.

We brought in 18 year old Josh Mulligan from Dundee on loan but he’s going to be a fringe player at best. 

Broque Watson should have more chance of filling the void of Glass. He looked brilliant for Annan against us a few weeks ago. 

Should be a cracker, I think Cove's home form might be too much for Edinburgh, this is City's chance to prove they can really go up automatic, City need the 3 points more today & can't even consider losing, Edinburgh looked real threat for winning league last season but ran out of steam when it came to it, Clyde & Peterhead were definitely too strong for this division in the end & i was glad to see the back of them, may the best team win today!

5 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

50 mph wind and 97% chance of rain on a plastic pitch 😮

No Mitch, not even on the bench. Higgins, recently back from long term injury playing in midfield with pass it sideways Fyvie and Scully who is also defensively minded. 

Interested to see how Rory plays today as he was made to look really average without the mobility of Mitch.

I worry where the creativity and goals are going to come from today for Cove.

prediction: Cove 1 City 2

I'm not sure City deserved to win but I'm not sure City deserved to lose either. Pretty awful conditions for both teams and even after trying to dry out on the train and eventually returning home I still feel wetter than a haddock's bathing costume. 

The winner was slightly annoying in that I thought "Cove have a corner. No problem as the wind will whip it in the direction of Banchory" and the corner then gets played smartly and accurately into the middle for McAllister to tuck away. Grr.

Talked to a couple of Cove fans. They were actually OK. Good crowd too considering the weather.

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I'm not sure City deserved to win but I'm not sure City deserved to lose either. Pretty awful conditions for both teams and even after trying to dry out on the train and eventually returning home I still feel wetter than a haddock's bathing costume. 

The winner was slightly annoying in that I thought "Cove have a corner. No problem as the wind will whip it in the direction of Banchory" and the corner then gets played smartly and accurately into the middle for McAllister to tuck away. Grr.

Talked to a couple of Cove fans. They were actually OK. Good crowd too considering the weather.

I wasn’t at the game yesterday but I heard that a draw was perhaps the most fair result. Did Blair have a chance in the last 10 minutes he should have scored?

Heard that Savoury is a bit of a tasty player, pardon the pun! Good loan signing right there.

League by no means over. Our next three games are QP, who are flying high, at Balmoral and then Binos and Stenny both away.

Attendance of 909 on a truly awful day of heavy rain and gale force win is fairly impressive.

I wasn’t at the game yesterday but I heard that a draw was perhaps the most fair result. Did Blair have a chance in the last 10 minutes he should have scored?
Heard that Savoury is a bit of a tasty player, pardon the pun! Good loan signing right there.
League by no means over. Our next three games are QP, who are flying high, at Balmoral and then Binos and Stenny both away.
Attendance of 909 on a truly awful day of heavy rain and gale force win is fairly impressive.
Aye Henderson had a one on one, keeper came out well though. Wasn't much between the teams, obviously it had to be McAllister that sclaffed in the winner.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Cove back on track? 

A good, and slightly, fortunate victory against a strong Edinburgh side but we’ve got three tricky fixtures upcoming. There will be ebbs and sways for sure. The win will boost the confidence going into the last 12 games.

Elgin looked very poor in 1st half from the highlights, both sides did look tidy on the ball tho & Elgin came into it more in 2nd half, missed couple one on one's but they didn't look like scoring, thought the number 3 for Queens Park looked a player on the highlights, i think hes come from Hibs but might be wrong on that, Galt's goal was cracker, he definitely has bit of technique him & looks like he could play a league up, I'm expecting Elgin response next week but I'll be hoping its the same lack of composure in front of goal vs us lol, I did predict both Cove & Queens Park , home records good for both sides, Edinburgh seemed unlucky coming up short but their nailed on for 2nd minimum now.

15 minutes ago, SuperCowden said:

Elgin looked very poor in 1st half from the highlights, both sides did look tidy on the ball tho & Elgin came into it more in 2nd half, missed couple one on one's but they didn't look like scoring, thought the number 3 for Queens Park looked a player on the highlights, i think hes come from Hibs but might be wrong on that, Galt's goal was cracker, he definitely has bit of technique him & looks like he could play a league up, I'm expecting Elgin response next week but I'll be hoping its the same lack of composure in front of goal vs us lol, I did predict both Cove & Queens Park , home records good for both sides, Edinburgh seemed unlucky coming up short but their nailed on for 2nd minimum now.

Uhhh wrong thread?