CONFIRMED PYRAMID INTEREST

teamfinderscot

I wonder if we can assume that Blantyre Victoria won't be applying, given the comments attributed to their chairman on last week's Nugent4Nil show.

If so, that would be a pity for them, given that they are looking a good bet for promotion to the top league as thing stand at the moment.

14 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I wonder if we can assume that Blantyre Victoria won't be applying, given the comments attributed to their chairman on last week's Nugent4Nil show.

If so, that would be a pity for them, given that they are looking a good bet for promotion to the top league as thing stand at the moment.

Promotion to what?

Playing the Ants four times a season.

5 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Why is everybody so obsessed with meaningless twitter or facebook "interest" statements from clubs anyway ?

Surely the only reliable indicator will be actual applications ?

Nobody appears to have asked who will actually decide on the successful applicants. If this is to be an entirely new league structure, who is it making the choice of whether a club is deemed worthy of being in or oot of the new structure ?

Every club who voted to investigate pyramid entry has to already be considered as being "interested". Only those who actually apply can follow the process to conclusion. Who actually gets to decide on the applications when the league doesn't really exist as yet ?

Sorry about the long-winded thinking out loud type post, chaps. I really want this to happen but I wouldn't want to think that any decent small clubs had been excluded on the mere whim of some bloke from Kilwinning or his pals from BSC or Clydebank. This should really be in the other thread...but they seem to be more concerned with easterly matters at the moment. :rolleyes:

You are absolutely right. Until we know who has actually applied we are in the dark. 

However the deadline is six weeks away and everyone wants to know what is happening NOW!! That's why we have the rumours, conjecture, speculation and latest inside info from everybody's workmates, pals, shopkeeper's cats etc. 

We have to remember a few things. Firstly a team can register an interest but then decide not to apply. Irvine's committee might want to go but if the shareholders vote against it on the 22nd it won't be happening. 

Secondly there will be teams who are going to apply who don't want the world to know about it so we won't hear from them until April. 

Thirdly there is the snowball effect. There were teams in the east two years ago who were going to stay in the juniors until they realised how many of their neighbours were going. 

The best thing that could happen, both for our sanity and for the snowball effect is for as many clubs as possible to confirm their applications. 

In the meantime we will have to wait until April for the final picture in both the east and west to emerge. 

Also, in terms of who decides whose application is accepted I would assume that the boards of the LL and EOS will be in charge of that process. 

I should say that no junior teams were rejected in the east. The only potential stumbling block for any club is that their ground must be fully enclosed, in other words people can't watch the action from outside the park. That did for Glenrothes Strollers and Syngenta were rejected because they didn't have a ground until the last moment. 

35 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Also, in terms of who decides whose application is accepted I would assume that the boards of the LL and EOS will be in charge of that process. 

I should say that no junior teams were rejected in the east. The only potential stumbling block for any club is that their ground must be fully enclosed, in other words people can't watch the action from outside the park. That did for Glenrothes Strollers and Syngenta were rejected because they didn't have a ground until the last moment. 

I can't see anyone being rejected, and I also think the LL/EoS might bring in a "neutral" to assist.

Why is everybody so obsessed with meaningless twitter or facebook "interest" statements from clubs anyway ?
Nobody appears to have asked who will actually decide on the successful applicants. If this is to be an entirely new league structure, who is it making the choice of whether a club is deemed worthy of being in or oot of the new structure ?
Every club who voted to investigate pyramid entry has to already be considered as being "interested". Only those who actually apply can follow the process to conclusion. Who actually gets to decide on the applications when the league doesn't really exist as yet ?
Sorry about the long-winded thinking out loud type post, chaps. I really want this to happen but I wouldn't want to think that any decent small clubs had been excluded on the mere whim of some bloke from Kilwinning or his pals from BSC or Clydebank. This should really be in the other thread...but they seem to be more concerned with easterly matters at the moment. :rolleyes:

Excluded by pals from Clydebank? You actually think we’d go out our way to have clubs excluded (if we even had that influence)? Utter madness.

7 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

If the new League for 20/21 is going to be a Tier 6 division (and lower) of the Lowland League then it's that league which sorts all of this out.

The Tier 6 and below to become a separate league in 21/22. 

Edited by Dev
up-date

1 hour ago, patriot1 said:

You are absolutely right. Until we know who has actually applied we are in the dark. 

However the deadline is six weeks away and everyone wants to know what is happening NOW!! That's why we have the rumours, conjecture, speculation and latest inside info from everybody's workmates, pals, shopkeeper's cats etc. 

We have to remember a few things. Firstly a team can register an interest but then decide not to apply. Irvine's committee might want to go but if the shareholders vote against it on the 22nd it won't be happening. 

Secondly there will be teams who are going to apply who don't want the world to know about it so we won't hear from them until April. 

Thirdly there is the snowball effect. There were teams in the east two years ago who were going to stay in the juniors until they realised how many of their neighbours were going. 

The best thing that could happen, both for our sanity and for the snowball effect is for as many clubs as possible to confirm their applications. 

In the meantime we will have to wait until April for the final picture in both the east and west to emerge. 

Maybe it would be a good idea if the organisers, the Lowland League, were able to state how many applications have been received ahead of the 31st March dead-line. Then those clubs which remain "on the fence" would have something to go on before deciding what to do. Indication of the total number of expressions of interest would also help after that dead-line. Maybe that's the plan in any case?

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Maybe it would be a good idea if the organisers, the Lowland League, were able to state how many applications have been received ahead of the 31st March dead-line. Then those clubs which remain "on the fence" would have something to go on before deciding what to do. Indication of the total number of expressions of interest would also help after that dead-line. Maybe that's the plan in any case?

If I remember right the known total of notes of interest to the Lowland League was known in advance of the application deadline.

Through the meeting to explain their intentions and the likely follow up statement on applying you'll hear a number. Especially as in the statement they might have to cover the league format if they surpass a number of actual applicants.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

I think the problem with doing that is they could then be accussed of "poaching" clubs from the juniors through applying undue pressure, an accusation labelled at the EOS a few years ago when it expanded. I believe thats something the LL/EOS are very keen to avoid being accussed of this time round. 

21 minutes ago, morley said:

I think the problem with doing that is they could then be accussed of "poaching" clubs from the juniors through applying undue pressure, an accusation labelled at the EOS a few years ago when it expanded. I believe thats something the LL/EOS are very keen to avoid being accussed of this time round. 

That was different though. The 2018 deadline of March 31st was extended due to the eventual demand that followed it. Then last year Kinnoull got in last minute.

Saying they've had x amount of notes of interest prior to the deadline isn't the same thing.

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That was different though. The 2018 deadline of March 31st was extended due to the eventual demand that followed it. Then last year Kinnoull got in last minute.

Saying they've had x amount of notes of interest prior to the deadline isn't the same thing.

Agree there is a different background to how things worked out in EOS, but the point Dev was making was to make the number of NOI public in order to help undecided clubs. Which is exactly my point, clubs should be applying because they are interested in the principles of senior football/and the pyramid, not because they feel pressured to do so because others are. 

16 minutes ago, morley said:

Agree there is a different background to how things worked out in EOS, but the point Dev was making was to make the number of NOI public in order to help undecided clubs. Which is exactly my point, clubs should be applying because they are interested in the principles of senior football/and the pyramid, not because they feel pressured to do so because others are. 

It's not pressured if it's to make an informed decision. The 2018 EoS intake was 13 clubs from the March 31st. Then another 13 after when they realised the junior set up was being gutted.

It doesn't look like there's going to be second chances after March 31st this time around.

40 minutes ago, morley said:

As I understand it clubs choose which leagues and associations they are in so there's no chance of a contractual binding arrangement with any former league or association. No ties at all. They can go where they please, subject to acceptance at their new destination.

It would also be a bit rich for the SJFA or its' leagues to complain about anything given their alleged actions/failures to act. Let alone certain publicly expressed opinions which have been reported in the media.

We've been told that's the case on the other thread albeit as second hand info from Whitburn committee members who were at this east region junior meeting. That leaves the south section with a maximum of thirteen clubs and arguably as few as four West Lothian/Stirlingshire/Clackmannanshire defections away from being untenable moving forward even as a single division.