CONFIRMED PYRAMID INTEREST

teamfinderscot

On 14/02/2020 at 09:30, LongTimeLurker said:

Completely confirmed only but the real number for WoS is said to be 20+ at this point and there are rumours of around 8 moving in the east.

West: Kilwinning Rangers, Clydebank, Maryhill, Glencairn, Rob Roy, Largs, Irvine Meadow, Darvel, Whitletts, Glenafton

East: Kirkcaldy & Dysart

Completely confirmed only but the real number for WoS is said to be 20+ at this point and there are rumours of around 8 moving in the east.

West: Kilwinning Rangers, Clydebank, Maryhill, Glencairn, Rob Roy, Largs, Irvine Meadow, Darvel, Whitletts, Glenafton

East: Kirkcaldy & Dysart, Thornton hibs

13 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Only the underlined ones have said they are definitely leaving the Juniors at the end of this season (assuming the WoSL goes ahead).

1 minute ago, theesel1994 said:

Only the underlined ones have said they are definitely leaving the Juniors at the end of this season (assuming the WoSL goes ahead).

I'm not sure Rob Roy and Darvel have said that, perhaps I've missed an announcement ?

With our manager Stewart Maxwell backing the clubs move to a proposed West Of Scotland 6th tier league.
Rob Roy’s new park on the horizon
The potential of Senior Scottish cup
Under 20s development league
Get to the lowland league
And maybe one day the dizzy heights of senior football?
Great for our community? Yes/No
Opinions please

The other clubs have more or less said if the (West) Juniors can get access to the Pyramid then they'd stay. Darvel and Rob Roy seem to think this is unlikely and have no mention of the Juniors. It's now about three weeks since the PWG talks broke down and there's been no public statement from the WRSJFA or SJFA other than talks are ongoing. I can see there being under 100 clubs in the Junior Cup next season. When was the last time that happened?

On 14/02/2020 at 09:30, LongTimeLurker said:

East: Kirkcaldy & Dysart

So Officially 100% its the following;

West: Kilwinning Rangers, Clydebank

The rest have made enquiries about moving, I would expect there are many who have made enquiries about moving, even clubs with no intention of moving but put in  a note of interest.
The links t the official pages are here that state about moving
https://www.kirkcaldyymfc.co.uk/

https://www.thorntonhibs.com/news/club-announcement-2513853.html

https://www.clydebankfc.com/club-statement-pyramid-2/

I cant, so far find anything official that Kilwinning are going but other than officially expressed and interest, similar to Clydebank's view

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

With our manager Stewart Maxwell backing the clubs move to a proposed West Of Scotland 6th tier league.
Rob Roy’s new park on the horizon
The potential of Senior Scottish cup
Under 20s development league
Get to the lowland league
And maybe one day the dizzy heights of senior football?
Great for our community? Yes/No
Opinions please

The other clubs have more or less said if the (West) Juniors can get access to the Pyramid then they'd stay. Darvel and Rob Roy seem to think this is unlikely and have no mention of the Juniors. It's now about three weeks since the PWG talks broke down and there's been no public statement from the WRSJFA or SJFA other than talks are ongoing. I can see there being under 100 clubs in the Junior Cup next season. When was the last time that happened?

That's not a statement by Rob Roy, though, it only gives their manager's opinion.

And I haven't seen anything at all from Darvel other than John Gall liking other clubs' tweets.

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Which was all the original post asked about.

I liked your post because I thought it was right but when I checked back no its not, the poster stated the following;

# The future of junior football thread has been good so far, but I’ve not enough time to catch up. Can someone pop a list of any teams they know who’ve committed or hinted towards the pyramid here. Any regions: West/East/North#

but that's not asking who is leaving , its just asking who has committed or hinted, which to be honest, the big list is true as most have hinted towards the pyramid.
I have added the ones who we all know who have confirmed that they are leaving or intention of leaving and I've only done so form the information from the official websites.

12 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

So Officially 100% its the following;

West: Kilwinning Rangers, Clydebank

The rest have made enquiries about moving, I would expect there are many who have made enquiries about moving, even clubs with no intention of moving but put in  a note of interest.
The links t the official pages are here that state about moving
https://www.kirkcaldyymfc.co.uk/

https://www.thorntonhibs.com/news/club-announcement-2513853.html

https://www.clydebankfc.com/club-statement-pyramid-2/

I cant, so far find anything official that Kilwinning are going but other than officially expressed and interest, similar to Clydebank's view

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

The yardstick I used was a statement or strong hint about a non-binding expression of interest through the official website, twitter or facebook. The number arrived at is one short of the total of 9 plus possibly Kilbirnie (Glengarnock?) confirmed by parkcircus as providing expressions of interests from the top tier in the west when the wosfl.co.uk email address was the point of contact rather than George Fraser of the LL.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The yardstick I used was a statement or strong hint about a non-binding expression of interest through the official website, twitter or facebook. The number arrived at is one short of the total of 9 plus possibly Kilbirnie (Glengarnock?) confirmed by parkcircus as providing expressions of interests from the top tier in the west when the wosfl.co.uk email address was the point of contact rather than George Fraser of the LL.

I get that and not disagreeing with you so that's why I posted the teams who have stated they are leaving this year and the bigger list of 9 teams or so is correct with hinted interest. 👍

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

the only statement Kilbirnie have made so far is the following--

The club will be holding an open forum in the pavilion on 29th Feb at 12.00 to gather views on the future set  up for our grade of football.

All supporters are invited to attend.

Can see how that could be interpreted as a potential expression of interest. By my reckoning the following top tier west clubs have posted something noteworthy on this.

Kilwinning, Clydebank, Glencairn, Rossvale, Rob Roy, Largs, Irvine Meadow, Glenafton

So there's at least one more mystery club that entered the fray before George Fraser became the point of contact.