Montrose vs Dumbarton

I don't know if it's just because I'm no longer a student...but Jesus we have trouble building up in any way towards a game on here.

Jim said last week he probably won't start Jai given it's an Astro pitch, so that's a bit unfortunate. Hoping to God that McKee is back so we might actually be able to score - although back-to-back clean sheets seems a big ask.

On Montrose, I'd say they're one of the most impressive teams we've played this season. They can flick between playing some fantastic stuff when the time is right, and shitfesting when the time is right - so I don't fancy our chances one wee bit.

Right now I'd take a draw...but we really have to start winning games in 2020 soon.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Jim said last week he probably won't start Jai given it's an Astro pitch, so that's a bit unfortunate. 

Even ignoring the fact that research into the subject of astro causing more injuries is entirely inconclusive, considering there are a majority of teams in our league with astro pitches...WHY FUCKING SIGN HIM?!

Honest to god, Duffy is turning me into an insane, apoplectic Nicholas Cage-esque mess. 

Tricky part of the season coming IMO with five games in a fortnight soon, suspect there will be some deck-shuffling either tomorrow or next week. If we're still hanging around with the top 4 at month's end I'd be delighted. Will be safely indoors tomorrow, fair play to anyone who braves going to this. I forsee an ugly 0-0 or 1-0 shitfest.....

Edited by Scorge

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Even ignoring the fact that research into the subject of astro causing more injuries is entirely inconclusive, considering there are a majority of teams in our league with astro pitches...WHY FUCKING SIGN HIM?!

Honest to god, Duffy is turning me into an insane, apoplectic Nicholas Cage-esque mess. 

This has seriously annoyed me - does Jai not train with us on astro then? Are we only playing him in home games? On what basis can he not play on astro? Is my head about to explode?

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This has seriously annoyed me - does Jai not train with us on astro then? Are we only playing him in home games? On what basis can he not play on astro? Is my head about to explode?

I think it's more to do with the legacy of a bad injury he had, and not being at full fitness yet. I'd like to think he'll be fine in a new weeks, but at the moment Duffy basically said he wouldn't risk him.

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I think it's more to do with the legacy of a bad injury he had, and not being at full fitness yet. I'd like to think he'll be fine in a new weeks, but at the moment Duffy basically said he wouldn't risk him.

If he's fit enough to start last week then he's fit enough to start this week. The astro argument is a myth, there was the same chat about Steven MacLean being advised not to play on astro and he confirmed it was a pile of shite, and he's a guy with a far bigger legacy of injuries than Jai.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

That may mean he won't be starting in almost half of our remaining games (5 out of 13)!

Duffy is an absolute fud.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Any Sons fan travelling to Montrose today needs sectioned.

Jan gets a pass because it's his job but the rest of you are for the watching, you absolute weirdos.

Staying at home and buying a Lennox next week to read all about it is definitely a better option imo.