Kilmarnock v Hibernian 16/2/20

After the excitement of last night comes another big one that's guaranteed to be a thriller* as Hibs roll into town to see who finishes the weekend in the top six. Given how Wednesday's results went, it was imperative that we delivered a ***skelping for the ages, and now this is a big test to see if we can capitalise on the recent good results of late. I think whoever wins the midfield battle will win the game, and I can see both teams scoring in this one too. 

*not a guarantee

7 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Pre match ceremonial passing of the Sevco ownership certificate.  Game will finish 2-2.

It's what we're all really going to the game to see, none of this "game of fitba" nonsense that I've heard so much about. 

13 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Guard of honour given to the home team or GTF.

Shaping up to be a good tie.  8 (two)- 1 (two) to Killie. 

You reminded me that I was at the Meadowbank 1 Killie 8 game... You rotten swine! 😂

Guest Moomintroll
You reminded me that I was at the Meadowbank 1 Killie 8 game... You rotten swine! [emoji23]
I nearly missed the supporters bus that night, not sure if the Scoreboard operator with his updates or Trevor Smith scoring was the biggest highlight. The times of the 6 first half goals are my lottery numbers to this day.

3 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I miss Meadowbank 😢

Home win

If you want to reminisce, just pop along to Rugby Park at the weekend, fairly sure they have laid the old meadowbank 5aside astro as their pitch............

18 minutes ago, Green Day said:

If you want to reminisce, just pop along to Rugby Park at the weekend, fairly sure they have laid the old meadowbank 5aside astro as their pitch............

^^^ Not in the spirit of the occasion. 

Interesting to see if we stick with a 3-5-2  today. Think it gets the best out of Allan and I've always thought while he's handy in most positions he can play, tactically Boyle does most to get us up the pitch from RWB.

In this league, getting the most out of your two most threatening players should be enough to score goals, and having five guys in central defence and midfield seems to mitigate the slightly heads-gone nature of our defence at the moment. 

2-1 Hibs, TFDG and Scott Allan to score, both from assists which continue the Newellaissance (tm)  

Killie are starting to gel again under Dyer, and are a tough prospect, esp at Rugby Park.

They have a pretty decent record against us recently, so while I would love 3 points - perhaps the most we can hope for today is 1?

Both sets of fans to hold hands round a burning Jim Traynor effigy at half time.