The Blue Brazil v The Binos

2 hours ago, onecowden said:

Good interview. Refreshing. He’s doing a good job at Stirling.

KR is an interviewer's dream. He's asked a Q, then talks and talks. Usually a lot of sense. In recent games Stirling have had VG halves but nothing to show for it. Duffy's lob summed it up. Sometimes it works. Pitch in excellent shape for 90mins.

Ref??

13 minutes ago, Dumb yatt said:

KR is an interviewer's dream. He's asked a Q, then talks and talks. Usually a lot of sense. In recent games Stirling have had VG halves but nothing to show for it. Duffy's lob summed it up. Sometimes it works. Pitch in excellent shape for 90mins.

Ref??

The ref didn’t cost us the game but he was poor.

He had the Scott Lambie disease of making up reasons to show a red card. Baffling decision. Another successful appeal against this one I hope but probably too much to  get two decisions in a row !

Can’t  believe we are getting plaudits from opposition fans and manager about our pitch ! Usually the opposition complain about the pitch a week before the fixture.

6 minutes ago, Cowden loyal brethern said:

Bollan times up move on thank you but you've done all you can time for fresh ideas good basic team just crap tactics time for him to move on

Don’t think tactics had anything to do with today’s result. Players just didn’t turn up. Only Mullen gets pass marks from me.

8 minutes ago, Cowden loyal brethern said:

Mullen is a legend always gives 110% by far our best player sorry if players don't  " turn up" surly it's up to the manager to kick ass Mullen always " turns up"

I’m hearing that the riot act was indeed read by the manager but you don’t know in advance they wont perform.

2 of the same type of player in the middle of the park in Miller & Morrison , that's not forward thinking, Morrison goes off injured & on comes Cox who should have been on from the start anyway, Seems Plan A went right out the window today and then we have players in all sorts of different positions, why was Archie Thomas left on the bench when Morrison comes off injured, manager is too stubborn & sits about not making sub's too long into games, players on then bench can't have much confidence, hope we bounce back soon. I wouldn't want Bollan to go , the group has being doing well this season but we are crying out for a proper winger & some more creativity in that midfield, seems we were completely disjointed in the second half & the managers winged it, after the morrison injury,

Bollan isn't going anywhere ffs. He's absolutely transformed us but we've 100% got away with a few results recently and this was coming. I hate his tactics but they've been effective for the most part. My money is on us struggling to maintain a playoff place now though. Playing our consistent right back (who's permormed well) at left back to shoehorn a shape is a disaster.

Well played SA.

Defending was surprisingly weak with Stirling threatening in the first half every time they got up the park. 
Stirling midfield had the measure of Cowdens for me though which was the difference. 
Today was a great advert for summer football, if only. We still live in the dark ages.

Cowden fans absolutely foaming at the mouth again I see. Mental.

Bollan out. Third in the league with an absolute gang on a shoe string budget playing in front of crowds in the 300s.

Wake up and smell the coffee you are massively over achieving just now. 

Enjoy rest of your weekend Lex, Auld Aberdeen and Murray.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Cowden fans absolutely foaming at the mouth again I see. Mental.

Bollan out. Third in the league with an absolute gang on a shoe string budget playing in front of crowds in the 300s.

Wake up and smell the coffee you are massively over achieving just now. 

Enjoy rest of your weekend Lex, Auld Aberdeen and Murray.

Massively overachieving is a bit of an exaggeration.

If you were referring to Arbroath I would understand, in a promotion play off place  in the championship.

You're a bit dramatic, it’s a Sunday Neil, take a day off.

Cowdenbeath should be bottom three really looking at the clubs in this league in terms of stature and probable budgets. To be top three is tremendous work from Bollan with the tools at his disposal.

I find it crazy the fans could question the job he is doing there from the outside looking in. The football is eye gouging but then so is everyone in this league so do be third at this stage is great going.

No drama here Alan. Just an honest assessment.

Edited by Neilly

I'm not sure why we've changed from the successful 3-5-2 to a 4-4-2 which clearly doesn't suit the players we have.

Chris Hamilton has been an absolute standout in the middle of a back three and Todd looked solid and comfortable. Hamilton now looks lost playing right back and got caught out positionally a few times yesterday and Todd looked a bombscare. Yes, the conditions weren't great so even more reason to play to your strengths.

Mullen at LWB and Buchanan at RWB worked earlier in the season when Swann wasn't match fit but he is now so I can only assume he is persisting with Mullen at LWB to shoehorn Buchanan into the team. He isn't any better at defending then Swann but does work a lot harder. Swann on the other hand is more effective going forward, i.e. - doesn't just cut back inside and then lose the ball.

Not convinced by Rae at all. I wasn't at Cove so I haven't seen him have a good game yet. In saying that, you could only really point the finger at him for the fourth goal yesterday. His kicking (and throwing as seen yesterday) is awful, positioning is bizarre and has no command of the area. Not sure what they teach goalkeepers who are training full time...

In saying all that, Stirling looked like a decent side yesterday. Duffy and Bikey are going to give teams much better than us a tough game. They were pulling our defence all over the place and creating space for each other. Our midfield couldn't cope with theirs and we were completely overrun. If they could find a way of doing that at home, they could well take third place. Kevin Rutkiewicz seems like a decent guy - players would want to play for him.