Ross County vs St Johnstone - 15/02/2020

????
imgID84800679.jpg.gallery.jpg.532709fdebadc3d7c2d12e5f3387cfda.jpg

For the most part, Scott Fox was more than competent for County. He had very few - if any - games like Clark had on Saturday. He was rotten for 90 minutes.

I was under the impression that Clark was highly rated. He was a bundle of nerves all day, and frankly I was grateful for having Ross Laidlaw, who made a couple of saves I reckon Clark wouldn’t.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

For the most part, Scott Fox was more than competent for County. He had very few - if any - games like Clark had on Saturday. He was rotten for 90 minutes.

I was under the impression that Clark was highly rated. He was a bundle of nerves all day, and frankly I was grateful for having Ross Laidlaw, who made a couple of saves I reckon Clark wouldn’t.

Clark generally keeps the ball out fine. Less so this season somewhat I guess. Always been a bit questionable with high balls, coming out, flapping etc and I think previously got away with it for the most part. 

This season though hasn't got away with it as much. At fault for a few goals which has then lead to the confidence taking a battering which in turn has lead to even more indecision when coming out for high balls as well as stupid mistakes like against Motherwell as well. 

Thinking about it as well, earlier in the season we were getting absolutely battered from teams as defensively we didn't recruit well in the summer. That can't help your confidence either spending most of the game fishing the ball out the back of the net.

He's never been good enough for the Scotland call up like some had suggested but certainly last season regularly he kept us in games and showed much better form than this. 

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Clark generally keeps the ball out fine. Less so this season somewhat I guess. Always been a bit questionable with high balls, coming out, flapping etc and I think previously got away with it for the most part. 

This season though hasn't got away with it as much. At fault for a few goals which has then lead to the confidence taking a battering which in turn has lead to even more indecision when coming out for high balls as well as stupid mistakes like against Motherwell as well. 

Thinking about it as well, earlier in the season we were getting absolutely battered from teams as defensively we didn't recruit well in the summer. That can't help your confidence either spending most of the game fishing the ball out the back of the net.

He's never been good enough for the Scotland call up like some had suggested but certainly last season regularly he kept us in games and showed much better form than this. 

A lot of the plaudits that he was getting last season were due to impressive shot-stopping, which he still has in the locker, but I agree losing Shaughnesse and Gordon being injured have definintely left him more exposed and he's not dealt with it well. You could also argue that when he was being semi-rotated with Mannus there was competition and a talented, experienced keeper to learn from which he's lost now. His kicking has been honking all season though, no excuse for that. 

He's still on a relatively long conract with us so the coaching staff and manager need to sort this out and a stretch on the bench may well be the medicine, as I don't expect Sunday is the game to try to get his mojo back.