Ross County vs St Johnstone - 15/02/2020

Yet another game rolling around - I think we've had a game every 3 or 4 days since the winter break - with the Fair City Juggernaut  on a collision course with Dingwall's Ross County.

We have suddenly become a really good team with loads of options all over the pitch. We've set up in several different shapes, used most of our squad and we've played well in pretty much all of the matches since the winter break.

I don't know how we'll line up here.  With the form the players are currently on, the team certainly doesn't pick itself and it's inevitable that some players are going to be disappointed. It seems that Liam Craig has a dead leg though, and will likely miss this match. That being the case, I'd chuck Butcher in for his first start as he looked the part in the second half against Motherwell.

I'd be tempted to go with the same shape as last night so that we can try and take control of the midifield again.

Clark

Ralston Kerr McCart Booth

Wright McCann Butcher Holt Wotherspoon

Hendry

Bring it on.

Edit: Boo Richard Brittain.

Edited by Kyle

Win this and I think we can safely stop looking over our shoulders as far as the bottom two are concerned - and we'll have an eight point gap on ninth. That would be one hell of a turn around from before Christmas.

Clark

Ralston, Kerr, McCart, Booth

Wright, McCann, Holt, Wotherspoon

May, Hendry

13 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

She'll no doubt be over beside us attention seeking again. I say us, I really mean you as I cannot make this. We should've won up there earlier in the season, we will win there this time, no doubt.

I unfortunately won't make it either.

Will be gutted to miss Izzy Jones (JONES) firing in the fourth 

Spoiler

She's still a hoor 

In the three games against St Johnstone this season we've been generally second best in all three but haven't been beaten, drawing twice in the league and winning in the cup.

Full expect a somewhat baffling selection with Don Cowie wide left and Ross Stewart on crutches wide right.

Somehow I think we might nab a 0-0 or 1-1.

14 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Win this and I think we can safely stop looking over our shoulders as far as the bottom two are concerned - and we'll have an eight point gap on ninth. That would be one hell of a turn around from before Christmas.

Clark

Ralston, Kerr, McCart, Booth

Wright, McCann, Holt, Wotherspoon

May, Hendry

I'd go with Butcher rather than Holt but agree with that line up. Just think we look better as a team with 2 up top and think it suits the strikers we have. 

Holt's been great but Butcher looks to have more physical presence which I expect we'll need. 

Win this one and it's time to google image seach for what a tractor/juggernaut looks like.

And we absolutely should win this. Might be persuaded to take a draw if some sort of career-ending humiliation for Vigurs was included in the deal. 

Nah. 0-2 for us, Hendry (free kick) and McCann. 

Would appreciate seeing a bit more of that Jones boy.

edit: still tempted by the option to bench Zander, he must be on a final warning by now

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

Are County likely to play a back 3/5? Might be tempted to stick with the 5 in the middle if that’s the case, but leaving 1 striker up against 3 centrebacks is going to leave time and space for at least one to step out with the ball. Then again if we force that man to be Fontaine, I’m not overly worried.

Also as always I like to see why opposition forums are saying about us and the last comment on OTB claims that because we sign experienced grafters year on year seems to work for us.

Why is it opposition fans, managers, etc. Still have this perception saints are a big physical team, filled with aging journeymen? We haven’t signed a player over the age of 27 this season and the majority are all the right side of 23 with very little game time or top flight experience. I don’t mind how others see us, but at least be factually accurate if you’re going to make sweeping statements. [emoji23]