SSC points “discrepancies”

Was double checking my points to make sure the renewal points had been added back on and spotted I was further down the pecking order.

After the last set of matches (Nov) I hit 19 points and there were 724 members on 20+ points.

Now that the renewal points have all been removed and then re-added, I’m back at 19 points (as expected) but strangely there are now 820 members on 20+ points.

I dropped the SFA a note to query and they responded to say there had been some points discrepancies that have now been sorted.

That’s a very high error rate if almost 100 out of 800 of the higher points members were missing points.

I’ll still be ok for playoff tickets should we beat Israel but some pals on 16 points are now sweating it when after November they looked certain for a ticket.

Any P&Br’s get a bonus couple of points recently?

I was a point short and emailed them to query and they added it. They put something in one of the recent SSC emails asking folk to double check their points and email if you thought it was wrong. 

There'll also be a few in your almost 100 who got an extra point for now being a member for 3 previous campaigns if this is their 4th campaign in a row. 

There'll also be a few in your almost 100 who got an extra point for now being a member for 3 previous campaigns if this is their 4th campaign in a row. 

Could be an element of that I suppose but that would only work for those extra bodies in place immediately above me. (20 points) The guys higher up would still have been above me anyway. There’s an increase in member numbers at most point levels. That suggests something much more fundamentally wrong with the previous record keeping.
The guys at the very top (32 pts) have grown from 39 to 68 with no real noticeable slide from the numbers below.
With my conspiracy theory head on, I think there’s been a few added to ensure playoff final tickets for pals! [emoji6]

Just got email back from SFA as I thought I should have been on 22 points. for all 10 home games 5 away games and renewing my membership and being a member for over 4 campaigns. Glad I checked and emailed them as they confirmed it and changed it now on 22 points. 

Edited by pawpar

Just got email back from SFA as I thought I should have been on 22 points. for all 10 home games 5 away games and renewing my membership and being a member for over 4 campaigns. Glad I checked and emailed them as they confirmed it and changed it now on 22 points. 

f**k me. Who’s been running that programme? How difficult can it be to match up the points as you go?

7 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

If we are lucky enough to qualify how many points would be needed to get a ticket to Scotland v Czech Republic / Croatia / England games?

Around 5-6k allocation based on the percentages a couple of other host nations are getting so 7 or 8 points to be guaranteed a ticket. It should go lower than that though since there'll be plenty of members who get tickets through the UEFA ballots.