Time for change ??

Redondo

3 hours ago, geo87 said:

It’s a football structure that more or less every country has apart from us because of “tradition”

I understand what it is, but what is the context here? Amateur teams potentially playing against Junior teams? People have said "teams can apply to join the pyramid", wondering how that will look.

Edited by MattEmulsion

The pyramid is drifting down from the SPFL to the Highland League and Lowland League then from there down to East Of Scotland League, South Of Scotland League and a new planned West Of Scotland League which some junior teams are applying to join. Nothing to do with amateurs whatsoever but I guess any could apply to join if they wanted to get the infrastructure together. 

Think it is unlikely that the leagues will be willing to change particular central and Caledonian as both seen to be successful.

i wondered if you could perhaps look at a champions league type format that takes top 2 teams from each of the associations to play home and away? In theory taking the champions of each league into direct competition say rather than the regional squads which doesn’t appear to have much appeal. If it was successful you could increase the numbers from top leagues but it becomes less of a champions competition then.

i agree that new ideas are required to try and stimulate the amateur game which appears healthy in some  areas more than others. 

just a thought.