Qp vs Elgin

To be fair I dont think the ref did much wrong this afternoon. No ref will get everything spot on but by and large he was good.
He was helped that it was generaly a good clean game, even with the conditions.
It's refreshing to watch a game where both teams just want to play football, with little in the way of cynical fouls, diving, time wasting and constantly moaning at the ref.
I agree.Credit to Elgin. Some good players and they want to play the game properly.I think they suffered without Shane, but I like the look of O'Keef most times as well as Hester and Omar.

We were solid again today with the defence sorted and moving the ball forward much quicker. Good shift from Sal.

28 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:
1 hour ago, Football7 said:
Sitting watching this the result will be a bit flattering for QP if I'm honest. Draw would be a fair result. 

eh?

There's no "eh" about it. The same comment would've been made if the score was the reverse. On the balance of play and chances no one would've been that surprised if the game was drawn. Its an interesting watch league two as there's some very good footballing teams including the two that played today in tough conditions (which I thought both teams handled well). 

18 minutes ago, Am Muilleach said:

Dreadful weather, dreadful game, and to be honest, two dreadful teams.

Don't know what game you were at. Two decent teams trying to play football in atrocious conditions. Both should be applauded. I thought our defence kept its shape better than any game this season and the passing of the ball out of defence was terrific. Chances missed for both sides which I think were about even but overall we are playing with a confidence which is great to see. Delighted to see Willie Muir shouting instructions to his forwards. Next week will be a tester.

Your white stick has been handed in to lost property.

Great credit to both teams for playing the ball as much as the awful conditions allowed. The ref was the best I’ve seen this season. Elgin had a few chances but Wullie wasn’t really troubled.

I’ve run out of superlatives for Nicky Jamieson. If he could add a few goals into his portfolio he’d be ready for the Championship. Sal had his best shift of the season; goal was terrific but some really nice passing and bags of effort. Doig was outstanding and his piercing run and distraction at the second was top stuff. Saw much more of King today and he looks likely to be a gamechanger too. Everyone else just had a really good game.

Davie Galt. Is there anyone else in this league that can do stuff like that 🥰

P.S. round of applause for the ground staff. Deep sympathy for the kit man.

Safe home for all who made it down from Moray.

1 hour ago, Am Muilleach said:

Dreadful game, two dreadful teams? Really? Can't agree  with that. Well done to both teams for their efforts in tricky conditions. 

Doig looks a player, he'll be real asset if he keeps giving those performances. A mention for Davidson as well  both for last week and today doing a good job in midfield. We look a much physically stronger side now and that has definitely made a difference. One criticism though is the final ball, that seems to be the thing that let's us down. However A big thanks to the squad and the staff for the work that's going in.

You would've thought today of all days with the weather being what it was that stewards wouldve relaxed their strip search policy at the turnstyles and let fans get quickly into the ground. But know, it was the usual frisk fest and i even witnessed them being obnoxious to an elderly gent who wasn't complying until his daughter pointed out to them that he has dementia. Shocking.

Hats off (bowlers) of course to both sets of players for serving up such a good game in awful conditions. I thought Elgin were good but lacked the killer touch. Plus Elgin took the prize for the longest slide on bahookie beating Galt's first half effort in the second period by a couple of metres.

It’s worth noting the terrific form Elgin were in. We ended that.
I thought Elgin played fairly well. Impressively got themselves out tricky situations at the back and tried to play pure football when they could.
I believe if they had Sutherland the game may have been closer. Elgin’s No. 9 had two 1v1s and couldn’t find the net.
Btw, Cowdenbeath fans are in meltdown. Check it out.

16 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

It’s worth noting the terrific form Elgin were in. We ended that.
I thought Elgin played fairly well. Impressively got themselves out tricky situations at the back and tried to play pure football when they could.
I believe if they had Sutherland the game may have been closer. Elgin’s No. 9 had two 1v1s and couldn’t find the net.
Btw, Cowdenbeath fans are in meltdown. Check it out.

Hmmm, I've seen far worse. Lucky it wasn't Cove that beat them, all the same...

You would've thought today of all days with the weather being what it was that stewards wouldve relaxed their strip search policy at the turnstyles and let fans get quickly into the ground. But know, it was the usual frisk fest and i even witnessed them being obnoxious to an elderly gent who wasn't complying until his daughter pointed out to them that he has dementia. Shocking.

This is down to the people running the stadium and not QP. The utter stupidity of this nonsense is that I can only remember being searched once at a Scotland game. We have stacked of stewards inside the ground, people spread out and CCTV covering all the spectator areas. If anyone starts malarky or whips out a can, they see it and sort it quick enough.