Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
up the raer

Forfar Athletic v Stranraer

Recommended Posts

Massive game for both sides. Must win for us.

Blue's record up there isn't good but I'm hopeful we can get a result up at Station Park counting our recent form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's definitely the biggest game of the season for both sides. I don't know which way it'll go, but I'll stick my neck out and say the Loons will get the 3 points but it'll be a really close game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stranraer win , no question , our season and Div 1 survival depends on a victory , if our players can’t produce a performance and effort to get our first victory in ages against the 2nd worst team in the Div then I would drop most of them and play the reserves for the rest of the season.

Way to many hard luck stories this season , it’s all down to desire now and I’m doubtful that our 11 players have what’s required , I hope I’m wrong in which case my opening statement will be correct .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Stranraer win , no question , our season and Div 1 survival depends on a victory , if our players can’t produce a performance and effort to get our first victory in ages against the 2nd worst team in the Div then I would drop most of them and play the reserves for the rest of the season.

Way to many hard luck stories this season , it’s all down to desire now and I’m doubtful that our 11 players have what’s required , I hope I’m wrong in which case my opening statement will be correct .

If they can't win, they should be mercilessly flogged on the Castle Green.

In all seriousness, if we don't win on Saturday it becomes an even taller order, the players will know that and if they play like they have been doing, they're capable of a result.

If it's as simple as turning up and rolling these teams over through sheer desire, I'm getting my boots out of the loft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Stranraer win , no question , our season and Div 1 survival depends on a victory , if our players can’t produce a performance and effort to get our first victory in ages against the 2nd worst team in the Div then I would drop most of them and play the reserves for the rest of the season.

Way to many hard luck stories this season , it’s all down to desire now and I’m doubtful that our 11 players have what’s required , I hope I’m wrong in which case my opening statement will be correct .

Got to disagree plenty of desire, alway give 100% lack of experience up front was the weakness , been sorted .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Moonball said:

If they can't win, they should be mercilessly flogged on the Castle Green.

In all seriousness, if we don't win on Saturday it becomes an even taller order, the players will know that and if they play like they have been doing, they're capable of a result.

If it's as simple as turning up and rolling these teams over through sheer desire, I'm getting my boots out of the loft.

I know it’s not an easy task but you can’t argue that we have been very poor all season and we are not in this position by accident , on paper we do have a decent squad but too many players not playing to their potential. It’s a must win today or huge problems lie ahead for the club and all the issues that league 2 football bring , Brechin are an example not to follow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, thomas 62 said:

Got to disagree plenty of desire, alway give 100% lack of experience up front was the weakness , been sorted .

In that case it’s lack of ability that’s got us bottom of the league , we have been very poor all season and certainly not fixed our scoring problem , dropping good young players with potential for older unfit ones not the way forward , I’m not sure many of our signings this season could be classed as successful. Fingers crossed today is the start of a revival but no matter how much you love the club we can’t be happy with our current position .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

In that case it’s lack of ability that’s got us bottom of the league , we have been very poor all season and certainly not fixed our scoring problem , dropping good young players with potential for older unfit ones not the way forward , I’m not sure many of our signings this season could be classed as successful. Fingers crossed today is the start of a revival but no matter how much you love the club we can’t be happy with our current position .

Last five games has showed we needed experience up front, I rate young Jinky but the combination of him and young Elliott was not working, to easy for opposition defenders, we needed a mix up front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No messing around today.

3 points.

Stranraer 10 points adrift.

Let’s do this.

That's a worry. Our last relegation season involved such a gap if we had beaten Brechin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yip draw possibly fair. Although maybe we did enough to get win in 2nd half. Every shot seemed to weak or not trouble the goalie. Btw even the forfar fans around couldn't believe it when andy Stirling got taken out. I think it was a pen and a red card. He was clean in on goal and got barged over. It was a strange decision. I presume the ball must have gone out in first half from the corner that the goalie pushed into his own net.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awful conditions and a point was more than we deserved....top marks to Doris and Barr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First 20 minutes, Forfar bossed it. Played properly with the conditions, kept it on the ground and scored from a great delivery. But then sat off. 
 

we needed to get bobby barr on the ball a lot more. Looked very good today. Bad injury to Travis, hope not as serious as it looked. 
 

Coupe isn’t good enough in my opinion, offered little when he came on, would much rather baino. Great work rate from Doris for 90 minutes but needs more help. 
 

I Slate him often enough so it’s only fair that I praise him today, Gary Irvine was man of the match for me today. Never missed a tackle, never gave the ball away, kept moving us forward. 
 

Mention to Jamie Hamill also, he absolutely ran the game for Stranraer today. Never liked the guy at hearts, killie etc but he was exceptional today 

 

Overall, lucky to come away with a point I think. Offside goal in first half looked onside, and they had a huge shout for a penalty when stanger wiped their player out late on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a unbelievable decision. Forfar fans around me were in total agreement it was a pen and red. The goal in first half couldn't have been for offside because surely the corner was a mistakes by the goalie as he fumbled it goal wards before Johnstone bundled it in. Was it maybe not for the ball curling out maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...