Free Scoring Aberdeen v celtic

11 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Aberdeen were the better team yesterday imo and in no way did they deserve to lose that game (although I’m glad they did obv).

Two great finishes from Taylor & Ajer too.

Really enjoyed the game.

I thought we were better for the majority although never really did enough to win. Tough to lose but there was no real anger from anyone leaving the stadium as far as I could see. Plenty either applauded walking up the stairs or stood at their seats applauding. All you can really ask for is a performance like that when you are up against the best team in the country.

4 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:
4 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:
Big Andy was up and down the park all day, and it's admirable that in the 80th minute or whatever he was still up there trying to create chances. He simply couldn't get back in time to mark Ajer. As ever, Andy put in a fantastic shift....if he'd had that extra yard of pace throughout his career he would have had the international caps he deserves.
As to Dallas, I honestly can't see much that he did wrong yesterday. It was a physical tussle, but I thought he let the game flow well and only booked players when he needed to. In all honestly it was one of the best refereeing performances I've seen in a long time. 

We will agree to disagree on both points. I like Andy but don't commit if you can't get back. Primary job is to defend and not attack, as negative as that sounds. As for Dallas, I thought he was woefully inconsistent for both teams and is way out of his depth.

Nah mate not having that. 
if a wide player attacks and is caught up the park, it’s the role of another team mate, usually a holding type midfielder to cover. The kind of thing Scott Brown dies and it doesn’t often get noticed.

No blame on Considine at all, I thought he had a really good game.

5 minutes ago, big al said:

if a wide player attacks and is caught up the park, it’s the role of another team mate, usually a holding type midfielder to cover. The kind of thing Scott Brown dies and it doesn’t often get noticed.

If anything I've more issue with every defensive player being sucked towards the ball.

Not sure if someone has already mentioned it on here, but that was a really embarrassing dive by McLelland yesterday. No room for that at Aberdeen. Couldn’t understand why Ajer didn’t get a yellow for going to the South Stand AFC support to over celebrate instead of going to the Celtic section a few yards up the pitch. One of my least favourite Celtic players.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

We have been giving our team dogs abuse for sitting back and not going all out to win games. So Considine is busting a gut trying to help to win a match against the best team in the country, and gets dogs abuse. You couldn’t make it up. Celtic are undoubtedly the best counter attacking team in the league, and we were done by a superb piece of skill by Edouard and a great run and pass by Forrest, who I hadn’t noticed was on the pitch up to then. Proud of my team yesterday.

AC cetrainly wasn't busting a gut getting back, he stood and watched his ball in too long and wasn't that far away from Ajer at the HW line but then left trotting back when Ajer put on a spurt and allowed him a touch before firing his shot and AC was still yards away. That said apart from that he has been good of late at CB & the whole team showed great fight so hopefully kick on from now :)

37 minutes ago, CO2001 said:

AC cetrainly wasn't busting a gut getting back, he stood and watched his ball in too long and wasn't that far away from Ajer at the HW line but then left trotting back when Ajer put on a spurt and allowed him a touch before firing his shot and AC was still yards away. That said apart from that he has been good of late at CB & the whole team showed great fight so hopefully kick on from now :)

He hadn’t a hope in hell of keeping up with Ajer. Have you ever watched the two players?

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Aberdeen were the better team yesterday imo and in no way did they deserve to lose that game (although I’m glad they did obv).

Two great finishes from Taylor & Ajer too.

Really enjoyed the game.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

I thought we were better for the majority although never really did enough to win. Tough to lose but there was no real anger from anyone leaving the stadium as far as I could see. Plenty either applauded walking up the stairs or stood at their seats applauding. All you can really ask for is a performance like that when you are up against the best team in the country.

For me Celtic had the more clear cut chances if you add the Edouard and Hayes ones can't think of any Aberdeen ones other than a few half chances.
The vast improvement from the last game at pittodrie was the middle of the park, Aberdeen played the game 20 yards up the pitch.
If the boy Greg Leigh had been playing would we be posting about a draw?

See I'll disagree (and I'm knit picking because I'm very happy with our performance yesterday) on the basis that our holding player, Ojo, had been struggling for a good five minutes before the winner. A bit more positional discipline when carrying an injured player might have seen us see out the point we deserved as a minimum.

However I am very much being a grinch here, so apologies to all. Nothing personal. Just very frustrated to put so much in as a team and get f**k all from it. We were superb as a team, even McKenna who outside the weakness for the first goal dealt with the Celtic front two very well.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

He hadn’t a hope in hell of keeping up with Ajer. Have you ever watched the two players?

Ajer wasn't sprinting back, only picked up the pace late on, if Considine had been a few yards away he could have made a challenge or at least put him off but he was jogging back as he's not that slow!

I only seen it live so will have a look again but I called it when Consodine was watching/admiring his cross in that he'd be out of position & we'd lose one.

We'll see if he gets back quicker next time the situation arises if not then fair enough & I will stand corrected :)

20 hours ago, CO2001 said:

Ajer wasn't sprinting back, only picked up the pace late on, if Considine had been a few yards away he could have made a challenge or at least put him off but he was jogging back as he's not that slow!

I only seen it live so will have a look again but I called it when Consodine was watching/admiring his cross in that he'd be out of position & we'd lose one.

We'll see if he gets back quicker next time the situation arises if not then fair enough & I will stand corrected :)

Considine was also posted missing in St Johnstone's early breakaway goal in the 0-1 midweek sh1test a couple of weeks back.

We can't really complain though, as time and again we're left using a centre half as a LB - and the fans have been demanding a more positive attitude in these fixtures.  Consi gives everything, and was excellent vs Accies, but will often be the player found wanting when Celtic score.  Saying that, it was evident way before Ajer's finish when Celtic turned it over after Consi had got forward that he wasn't getting back - and Edouard's fairly sublime touch knocked the rest of the side off synch completely.

A point would have been nice - but in this fixture it was probably all about how we played - and hearts and minds are likely more positive with a 1-2 defeat on the front foot, rather than a 0-0 having parked the bus.

Edited by tarapoa

On 18/02/2020 at 12:49, tarapoa said:

Considine was also posted missing in St Johnstone's early breakaway goal in the 0-1 midweek sh1test a couple of weeks back.

We can't really complain though, as time and again we're left using a centre half as a LB - and the fans have been demanding a more positive attitude in these fixtures.  Consi gives everything, and was excellent vs Accies, but will often be the player found wanting when Celtic score.  Saying that, it was evident way before Ajer's finish when Celtic turned it over after Consi had got forward that he wasn't getting back - and Edouard's fairly sublime touch knocked the rest of the side off synch completely.

A point would have been nice - but in this fixture it was probably all about how we played - and hearts and minds are likely more positive with a 1-2 defeat on the front foot, rather than a 0-0 having parked the bus.

Agree with all that, he has been very good for long time and has had better matches than McKenna. As for the team hopefully something to bulid from and get something from the tougher matches :) We'll see how it goes tonight...