Free Scoring Aberdeen v celtic

Change of shape to 352 long overdue
given the team some fresh impetus
thougjt the team was weakened by Bryson coming on for Kennedy though and upset the shape 
Celtic also changed their formation around that time.
Bryson made us look like we have a captain /leader on the pitch.

58 minutes ago, big al said:

Change of shape to 352 long overdue

given the team some fresh impetus

thougjt the team was weakened by Bryson coming on for Kennedy though and upset the shape 

Discussing the formation with my old man. He doesn't think 3 at the back is a good idea but we're needing an extra body up the park. Especially against the 'lesser' teams.

31 minutes ago, scoobles said:

Celtic also changed their formation around that time.
Bryson made us look like we have a captain /leader on the pitch.

Bryson always looks like he is rushed back into the team for me.

Got told when he signed that a decent percentage of his wages is based on appearances and it feels like he has to play when really shouldn’t sometimes, although Davidson’s tackle on him was a shocker.

7 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Do Aberdeen always cheat this much? Every time a player goes near them they hit the deck.

Assuming it's because they know a set-piece is their only hope of scoring so are just trying to win as many as possible.

Only saw the first but it looked like they'd cut most of that out of their game. 

Aberdeen probably deserved a draw but the champions win games like that.
Quiet game for chances,French Eddie needs dropped with that miss, hope Taylor's injury doesn't keep him out the team hes been playing well.
Stupid booking for Griffiths plus good to see Aberdeen have real midfielders on the park makes a wee difference.

Feel very conflicted today. While I absolutely fucking detest losing to both Celtic and Rangers, I have to confess general satisfaction with the performance.

Felt like we competed superbly well and a point was the least we deserved. Outstanding performances from Main, Ojo, Ferguson, McLennan and Taylor but the pick of the bunch has to be Niall McGinn. He looks to have had a new lease of life playing centrally and with his pace not being there anymore, it suits him well.

Only gripes with the Dons today was McKenna weak at the first goal, Considine not tracking Ajer at the second goal and Kennedy struggling to make an impact. However I think Kennedy will be good for us, he needs a full pre season with us.

Andrew Dallas is absolutely hopeless as an official. Just absolutely shite.

8 hours ago, Antony said:

Victims? No i thought the referee had a decent game. Just think it's funny how all referees can support both Celtic and Rangers according to some Aberdeen fans. 

You mean like Celtic fans think all referees are against them, and all Rangers fans think that all referees are against them. Is that the sort of thing that you mean?

I went to the match today more hopeful than I have been recently against Celtic, and I came away pleased with what I’d watched. We started so well as opposed to recent matches against Celtic. We have sat at Pittodrie in recent years and watched Ajer, or some other central defender, stroll from his penalty box to near our penalty box with the ball and no challenge made, time after time after time. Didn’t happen once today. We started strongly and had most of the play in the Celtic half of the field for the bulk of the first half. The midfield was crucial today and Ojo and Ferguson were tremendous. I believe that Jullien got the Sky man of the match. Seriously? He wasn’t even close to being the best Celtic player, and the only two contenders for man of the match were Ojo or McGinn.

As a footnote, for the first time in a long while I had a Pie and Bovril at a match. It was my breakfast, mind you.

We were average at best, not entirely helped by the conditions truth be told but, they are the same for both teams, Aberdeen gave us a real scrap and you couldn't have begrudged them a point, however a brilliant piece of skill from Forrest and a cool finish from big Ajer of all people won us a game we didn't really deserve to win. 

Despite the griping on here that was a huge win for Celtic in the context of the league campaign, aside from winning scrappy matches when you aren't playing well being the hallmark of champions it was also one of the fixtures the **** would be looking for us to slip up in and give them a wee glimmer of hope, the thought of them slouching in despair watching us snatch it late on as they watched before their match kicked off is a pleasing, even delightful image. 

Another tough away fixture ticked off with three points and a step closer to the title.

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Feel very conflicted today. While I absolutely fucking detest losing to both Celtic and Rangers, I have to confess general satisfaction with the performance.

Felt like we competed superbly well and a point was the least we deserved. Outstanding performances from Main, Ojo, Ferguson, McLennan and Taylor but the pick of the bunch has to be Niall McGinn. He looks to have had a new lease of life playing centrally and with his pace not being there anymore, it suits him well.

Only gripes with the Dons today was McKenna weak at the first goal, Considine not tracking Ajer at the second goal and Kennedy struggling to make an impact. However I think Kennedy will be good for us, he needs a full pre season with us.

Andrew Dallas is absolutely hopeless as an official. Just absolutely shite.

Big Andy was up and down the park all day, and it's admirable that in the 80th minute or whatever he was still up there trying to create chances. He simply couldn't get back in time to mark Ajer. As ever, Andy put in a fantastic shift....if he'd had that extra yard of pace throughout his career he would have had the international caps he deserves.

As to Dallas, I honestly can't see much that he did wrong yesterday. It was a physical tussle, but I thought he let the game flow well and only booked players when he needed to. In all honestly it was one of the best refereeing performances I've seen in a long time. 

Big Andy was up and down the park all day, and it's admirable that in the 80th minute or whatever he was still up there trying to create chances. He simply couldn't get back in time to mark Ajer. As ever, Andy put in a fantastic shift....if he'd had that extra yard of pace throughout his career he would have had the international caps he deserves.
As to Dallas, I honestly can't see much that he did wrong yesterday. It was a physical tussle, but I thought he let the game flow well and only booked players when he needed to. In all honestly it was one of the best refereeing performances I've seen in a long time. 
We will agree to disagree on both points. I like Andy but don't commit if you can't get back. Primary job is to defend and not attack, as negative as that sounds. As for Dallas, I thought he was woefully inconsistent for both teams and is way out of his depth.

51 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:
1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We will agree to disagree on both points. I like Andy but don't commit if you can't get back. Primary job is to defend and not attack, as negative as that sounds. As for Dallas, I thought he was woefully inconsistent for both teams and is way out of his depth.

We have been giving our team dogs abuse for sitting back and not going all out to win games. So Considine is busting a gut trying to help to win a match against the best team in the country, and gets dogs abuse. You couldn’t make it up. Celtic are undoubtedly the best counter attacking team in the league, and we were done by a superb piece of skill by Edouard and a great run and pass by Forrest, who I hadn’t noticed was on the pitch up to then. Proud of my team yesterday.

Aye got to laugh at folk giving Considine stick for there winner . The lad was great again yesterday . He took gamble trying get the winner and rather we got beat like that than  sitting back . There lad took his gamble and it payed off . Team give us everything that’s all I ask . Loving Ojo since he came back . Quality player and big miss Wednesday . But we look in good shape with Byrson back  .