Relegation

Automatic relegation spot?  

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Shamelessly stolen from the Championship forum. A poll on who we think will fill the bottom two places and a general discussion as we hurtle towards the end of the season. 

I think Stranraer will finish bottom with Forfar heading for the play offs.

Stranraer to go down, Forfar in the playoffs. Goodwillie will probably keep Clyde up, can't see Dumbarton dropping into it and Peterhead seem capable enough of scoring even without their talisman who wasn't really banging them in before he left anyway. 

We’ve not lost in five games. Only other two teams to do this at the minute are Raith and Falkirk.
Problem is we can’t buy a win.
Think 9th is our best chance of survival, even that is a huge ask.

Not very imaginative but I’d say it will finish as it is.

57 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

We’ve not lost in five games. Only other two teams to do this at the minute are Raith and Falkirk.
Problem is we can’t buy a win.
Think 9th is our best chance of survival, even that is a huge ask.

Not very imaginative but I’d say it will finish as it is.

Fair to say you need to beat us on Saturday to have a realistic chance of not finishing bottom?

The draws will kill Stranraer but I have a sneaky feeling they will still give a few sides a fright. I have gone for Forfar to recover some form and sadly think Peterhead will finish 9th. They will win the play offs and stay up. My predictions are usually rubbish.
As far as I know, we have never won a playoff final since we got into League Two/Third division 20 years ago.

5 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
15 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:
The draws will kill Stranraer but I have a sneaky feeling they will still give a few sides a fright. I have gone for Forfar to recover some form and sadly think Peterhead will finish 9th. They will win the play offs and stay up. My predictions are usually rubbish.

As far as I know, we have never won a playoff final since we got into League Two/Third division 20 years ago.

You have my sympathy as neither have we!  If Forfar go down it would leave Montrose as the only Angus side, while Brechin look in real trouble in L2-with Mark Wilson as their manager I am not surprised. Looking forward to Peterhead visit next week as long as these Storms vanish in time.

I think its too early for me to make a judgement on Stranraer, 3 draws against Falkirk, Airdrie and Raith in the last three weeks  may suggest if they can turn these points into 3 against teams around them could see them get off the bottom at least. 

I think Peterhead will occupy one of the bottom 2 places and Dumbarton wont be near the bottom 2

We definitely have improved lately and I am hoping we are about to start a push for survival starting with a win on Saturday which is a must win game , if we win I genuinely believe we will go on a run which will see us move off bottom spot . Really can’t afford any more draws and anything other than a victory on Saturday will condemn us to Div 2 .

11 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

We definitely have improved lately and I am hoping we are about to start a push for survival starting with a win on Saturday which is a must win game , if we win I genuinely believe we will go on a run which will see us move off bottom spot . Really can’t afford any more draws and anything other than a victory on Saturday will condemn us to Div 2 .

Pretty much how I see it, also. 

If we win on Saturday, then maintain form, playoff place should be in reach, and Forfar for the automatic drop.

If we lose on Saturday, then we're down, and Forfar have a decent chance of getting above Peterhead.

If it's a draw, I think we're down, for sure., and Forfar for the play off place.

Stop employing the biggest bottle merchant in Scottish football as your manager then and you might give yourselves a chance this time round.

On 16/02/2020 at 11:21, Marshmallo said:

Stranraer will finish bottom. I'd love to see Clyde going down too.

I reckon Queens Park will win the playoffs.

Wouldn't love a team to go down!!................apart from the "Old Firm", mind you. Is that cause you've been pumped twice from an apparent poor Clyde outfit? I think the two Dumbarton games in the next few weeks will have a major bearing on the relegation play-off dog fight.

Anyhows enjoy the rest of the season.................................couldn't bear another season in the "2nd Div!! C'mon Danny get it sorted