Airdrie0-0nians v Clyde

Some thoughts from today:

Shite performances from the ENTIRE team.

Schoolboy (Primary) mistake by Mitchell for the first goal.

Defence all over the place.

Lost count of the number of times Airdrie got inside or fullbacks especially in the first half.

Wylde - offered nothing. Surely Smith would offer more.

Lyon - offered nothing

The rest of the midfield were nonexistent.

Did we ever retain possession from any of our multiple punts up the park?

Do we ever retain possession from any of our throw ins... ever?

People who complain about the midfield not getting closer to Goodwillie should ask, does Goodwillie hold the ball up enough.

No shots, once again, from outside the box when it's blowing a gale and pissing down.

Why did it take so long to make a substitution?

Airdrie deserved to win by more. We were lucky that the ref ignored multiple shirt pulls on the box.

Murray is an arsehole.

I really didn't expect clyde to offer as little.  The number 4 was honking.  2-0 and maybe should have been more.  Brilliant to see the clyde bench go nuts at the time taken for throw ins and goal kicks.  Must have a short memory from the game at broadwood.   Ref tryin to give the ballboy a warning was brilliant.   I just hope he told the ref to go f**k himself.   As the saying goes revenge is a dish best served cold.  

Absolutely dire (again) beyond me why wylde wasn't subbed at Ht never mind even starting. Defense was shocking. Midfield was shocking. Attack was shocking. Long ball doesn't work has Danny not realised that pinging the ball to goody and hoping for the best doesn't work? Struggled for possession. 

Not on Clyde player put in nearly enough effort today. Think the fans are deserving of an apology because of that dreadful 'performance' - thank God it was only 15 minutes down the road!

f**k Ian Murray lol would rather wave bye to Clyde fans than acknowledge his own fans clown lol

11 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

I really didn't expect clyde to offer as little.  The number 4 was honking.  2-0 and maybe should have been more.  Brilliant to see the clyde bench go nuts at the time taken for throw ins and goal kicks.  Must have a short memory from the game at broadwood.   Ref tryin to give the ballboy a warning was brilliant.   I just hope he told the ref to go f**k himself.   As the saying goes revenge is a dish best served cold.  

Good start went at them set the tone for first half Clyde were all over the place could have had couple more. 

Good to see AR and McKay get their goals.

I didn't think we were that great today, but every single time the ball got out down the channels we got into near enough a goal scoring chance.
I won't get carried away with that today because I don't think I could do any justice to just how bad Clyde actually were, if we had our finishing boots on that could have been 4 or 5, but goodwillie also had 2 guilt edge chances that 9 times out of 10 he would bury, especially the 1 on 1.
How Gallagher also missed an open goal right from the keeper spilling that at the very end was criminal but thankfully it was done and dusted by then.
I also remember the last thread "heads gone" by a few Airdrie fans over the Clyde "game management" at Broadwood and I said at the time, I have no issues with it, I'd hope my team done the same. Today was that day.
It's a confidence boosting 3 points to hopefully stop the rot.

On a day I really expected longball after longball. We played some good passing football at times.  With stranrar starting to pick up points and Montrose showing good form it should be a good run to the end of the playoff chase at both ends. 

49 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:
52 minutes ago, Steakngravys Maw said:
But, but, but...
Pre season you fannies thought you were a dead cert for the promotion playoffs. Fucking fantasists.
Certainly dead certs for the relegation playoffs emoji1.png
GIRFUY!

The only consolation is that Airdrie have the same chance of playing Championship football next season as Clyde!

How about Raith? Since the boy supports them? 

DL keeps going back to the absolutely rank idea that we should try and play with "wingers", heading back to nonsense like Eddie Ferns. Even Banks was better playing off the right side and coming off the wing. Every time a cross comes into the box, regardless of quality, we are nowhere near it. Hopefully today has put that firmly in the bin.

The set up that we used in the second half is what we've done when we've been at our best since DL came in. Rankin in a free-ish role on the left, Lamont and McStay taking up positions around Grant dependent on the match. Another player, whether Smith, Syvertsen, Cunningham or Johnston near Goodwillie. Full-backs being used as the out ball to reset possession. We need to go back to that, for a run of games.

Today was an awful team selection but when you basically start the game 1-0 down whatever game-plan we had was out the window. No idea what Mitchell was thinking and he was uncharacteristically wobbly all game. An even bigger issue though is that it took until half-time to change it, with us being over-run in the middle of the park and in the channels down the sides of our centre halves.

Airdrie thoroughly deserved to win with their front two a particularly threat and whilst Howie had a genuinely poor game, we'll never get anything better than that from Rumsby against players of that ilk. Not quick enough, not strong enough. I did like the fact that Livingstone didn't instantly give the ball away whenever he had it and wasn't instantly beaten on the outside; I think he's a decent improvement on McNiff. 

Ian Murray is an absolute cartoon character of a manager. All that jumping around and clapping everything is just weirdo behaviour. I bet he'd be at the back of the dugout if his team was losing.

Absolutely woeful stuff. Second half Airdrie couldn't even be arsed and we still didn't lay a glove on them. Really worrying stuff from a team that didn't know when they were beat last season and fought till the end. We looked beat as soon as the first goal went in today. 

3 minutes ago, David W said:

DL keeps going back to the absolutely rank idea that we should try and play with "wingers", heading back to nonsense like Eddie Ferns. Even Banks was better playing off the right side and coming off the wing. Every time a cross comes into the box, regardless of quality, we are nowhere near it. Hopefully today has put that firmly in the bin.

The set up that we used in the second half is what we've done when we've been at our best since DL came in. Rankin in a free-ish role on the left, Lamont and McStay taking up positions around Grant dependent on the match. Another player, whether Smith, Syvertsen, Cunningham or Johnston near Goodwillie. Full-backs being used as the out ball to reset possession. We need to go back to that, for a run of games.

Today was an awful team selection but when you basically start the game 1-0 down whatever game-plan we had was out the window. No idea what Mitchell was thinking and he was uncharacteristically wobbly all game. An even bigger issue though is that it took until half-time to change it, with us being over-run in the middle of the park and in the channels down the sides of our centre halves.

Airdrie thoroughly deserved to win with their front two a particularly threat and whilst Howie had a genuinely poor game, we'll never get anything better than that from Rumsby against players of that ilk. Not quick enough, not strong enough. I did like the fact that Livingstone didn't instantly give the ball away whenever he had it and wasn't instantly beaten on the outside; I think he's a decent improvement on McNiff. 

Ian Murray is an absolute cartoon character of a manager. All that jumping around and clapping everything is just weirdo behaviour. I bet he'd be at the back of the dugout if his team was losing.

No he would still be out there just the same.

Not sure how much the conditions influenced the game or the result but the first 45 minutes were excellent from our perspective. Should have went in 3 or 4 up I think. Attempted to keep the ball on the deck for a good whack of the game esp first half and it was better than most of what we’ve produced this season. I wonder how much of that was due to big Sean Crichton being missing? Also made a difference two up front and both playing a bit closer together. I wouldn’t change it for next week unless we have to but no doubt we’ll go back to Sean Crichton at the back and three up top esp if Carri is fit.