Airdrie0-0nians v Clyde

Some thoughts from today:

Shite performances from the ENTIRE team.

Schoolboy (Primary) mistake by Mitchell for the first goal.

Defence all over the place.
Lost count of the number of times Airdrie got inside or fullbacks especially in the first half.

Wylde - offered nothing. Surely Smith would offer more.

Lyon - offered nothing

The rest of the midfield were nonexistent.

Did we ever retain possession from any of our multiple punts up the park?

Do we ever terrain possession from any of our throw ins... ever?

People who complain about the midfield not getting closer to Goodwillie should ask, does Goodwillie hold the ball up enough.

No shots, once again, from outside the box when it's blowing a gale and pissing down.

Why did it take so long to make a substitution?

Airdrie deserved to win by more. We were lucky that the ref ignored multiple shirt pulls on the box.

Murray is an arsehole.

Mitchell’s pish,A few sour grapes from the Clyde fans [emoji524][emoji815]️

As two posters correctly said earlier in the week, the team that scores first and scores most, did win the match. That error by the goalie gave us the chance and Ryan did the job. He had proved a handful to Clyde's centre backs in the lead up to the pass back and this was his kind of game.  The changes to the Clyde side did not seem to improve them from that good 30 minutes in their Broadwood win. I did not have a team sheet and was amazed that the two being subbed were Wylde from somewhere and Cunningham from Hamilton . They offered not a lot. I quite liked the Clyde No 3 but McCann was also very good for us.Airdrie did have many chances in a dominant first half. We were all astonished that McKay cracked the bar ( goalie touch?) , somehow sclaffed a cut back, but got the decisive second, from his Right midfield role. It was a great run and pass by him to get on the end of the cross pass. I still was getting fed up with the poly bag/towel and the Ref was right to chastise him. That stopped and the later throw ins were much better. The only chance Goodwillie got was wasted by him, but he was always a threat although I thought we handled him better than Clyde did with our front two. Wedderburn had a good game throughout despite his yellow card chat to the lino.  Keiran Millar was even better which might explain why Clyde never really out passed or out played us. The wee Ref has had a chequered history on the internet postings from all clubs but chastising the ball boy rates highly in my memory. As someone else said there was a lot of shirt pulling in the box  but he missed it. I never saw Murray reacting at the end as by then I was chatting to an olds Clyde supporting friend who said we could have scored 7. Murray is currently always agitated and might well have the highest number of cards this season.  Now we can't finish 10th , this was all topped off by a great takeaway Curry and hot water bottle for the feet. Roll on Peterheid.

1 hour ago, Eric the half a b said:

You get a pint then. 

Unfortunately not. Heading through from deepest, darkest Ayrshire so got held up and didn't make it in time for pints. On the plus side, missed the embarrassment of your first goal. No complaints on the result - you outplayed us for most of the game but dear me, we were dreadful. 

One wee observation (not sour grapes) - get those towels to f**k! I thought I'd stumbled onto Centre Court at Wimbledon for a moment...absolute joke. 😂

Edited by RutherGlen

2 minutes ago, Jack Phillips said:

Heard someone saying today that he has Tore his hamstring. Really hope it’s just shite. Been out best player since he has came back

Aye, hopefully he just went out on the razz last night and had one too many shandies. We need the big man back for next week!

3 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Unfortunately not. Heading through from deepest, darkest Ayrshire so got held up and didn't make it in time for pints. On the plus side, missed the embarrassment of your first goal. No complaints on the result - you outplayed us for most of the game but dear me, we were dreadful. 

One wee observation (not sour grapes) - get those towels to f**k! I thought I'd stumbled onto Centre Court at Wimbledon for a moment...absolute joke. 😂

I was surprised the ref didn't award you couple of throws for the time it was taking nothing came from them as is the norm. Clyde weren't at the races 1st half bit better in 2nd and had few half chances and one Goodwillie should have scored. 

As for the diamonds next two away games will be difficult if we can stand the test be in good shape for the rest of season. 

Your man up front is a quality player had too much to do up front by himself.

2 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

I agree about the towels but if it were Rory De Lap I might not. It's the first time I had seen the ploy bag mind you.

Edited by Chapelhall chap
spelling error

Wedderburn and Smith out ,any players from young team in ,young lads would contribute more than these two ,take a gamble Mr Murray can’t be any worse than last 5 games ,
Unbelievable how opinions differ. Wedderburn absolutely strolled it today and held our midfield together so well. Absolutely needs to keep his place in the team.

15 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:
21 hours ago, Jack Reed said:
Wedderburn and Smith out ,any players from young team in ,young lads would contribute more than these two ,take a gamble Mr Murray can’t be any worse than last 5 games ,

Unbelievable how opinions differ. Wedderburn absolutely strolled it today and held our midfield together so well. Absolutely needs to keep his place in the team.

Think midfielders did well today while wedderburn had a decent game there are times he is bypassed when the opposition have the ball and against the top teams in this league it will cost us. 

I get there are split opinions we have players we like and ones we dont just glad of the win but that said the opposition in the last two games has been as bad as I've seen still credit where it's due decent result.

Without going overboard I don't think I could say I was unhappy with anyone's performance today. Particularly happy with the lads who've had to wait for their chances (namely Kerr and Wedderburn) coming in and having solid games. I also thought McKay was excellent despite being critical of him in the past. A good team performance and my only criticism would be that we're still trying the hopeless long throw tactic despite it not working in about three months.

Think midfielders did well today while wedderburn had a decent game there are times he is bypassed when the opposition have the ball and against the top teams in this league it will cost us. 
I get there are split opinions we have players we like and ones we dont just glad of the win but that said the opposition in the last two games has been as bad as I've seen still credit where it's due decent result.
Perhaps we just played really well instead of the other team playing really badly.

12 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:
39 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Perhaps we just played really well instead of the other team playing really 

I did think we played well enough but first half Clyde were not to good and I hope we continue to win games the fact we went at them passed the ball well and could have scored couple more the next two games will be harder tests still if we play the ball on the deck we can be as good as any team in this league. ♦️

9 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

I did think we played well enough but first half Clyde were not to good and I hope we continue to win games the fact we went at them passed the ball well and could have scored couple more the next two games will be harder tests still if we play the ball on the deck we can be as good as any team in this league. ♦️

Thought Millar was good today ,Wedderburn kept midfield together I did not see that ,he played ok against a poor team ,

20 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:
36 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:
Thought Millar was good today ,Wedderburn kept midfield together I did not see that ,he played ok against a poor team ,

Someone doesn't like Wedderburn. He was the only guy taking the ball from our defenders. Millar and McKay weren't doing that.

In the first 20 mins he touched the ball 5 times one header straight out two passes from 40yards straight through to their keeper won a header and one piece of pure skill outside our own box. He did have an ok game but that's the facts.