Airdrie0-0nians v Clyde

Worth noting how many times Clyde lose the first goal then score to draw or win...

This is a must win. No reason why we can't but Clyde will, quite rightly, feel the exact same way. Thought we actually played quite well in the first half on Saturday but barely created a chance despite our dominance. We simply need to find our cutting edge again to remain in a playoff spot. I'd go for the same team as Saturday but swap Carrick in for Smith if he's back fit. Hopefully Andy Ryan, and the strikers in general, will have picked up some sharpness again by Saturday. Goodwillie is always a certainty to score against us so we'll probably need to score at least two to win this one. 
Whoever scores first will win. 

1 hour ago, Moon said:

I was certain that Andy Ryan would break his duck last week, maybe this week is the week.

No idea how this will go, Goodwillie will no doubt score so we'll need to get our shooting boots on.

Goodwillie will score whether we like it or not, that's his style....

9 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I honestly don’t think the Captain thing is an issue at all. It’s not up to one person to take responsibility; I doubt the likes of Rankin, Mitchell, Rumsby etc are shrinking Violets when it comes to being vocal or giving a team mate encouragement or a rollicking. 

Precisely this. The only thing a formal captain is really required for these days is liaising with the referee on behalf of the team, so it makes sense that one of our most experienced players takes up that role. Goodwillie might enjoy having the armband, but that's about all it is - nothing is stopping others throughout the team from stepping up and being commanding and vocal when it's required. 

I really don’t think Goodie should be our captain- he’s not very vocal- he has a poorish game then they all do. Hard to remove his captaincy without offending- but I think it should be Ranks or Mitchell- that is until Lang signs a new contract with us. He’s a natural leader and encouraging others is a big part of his game.

🤯

6 hours ago, airdrieman said:

This is a must win. No reason why we can't but Clyde will, quite rightly, feel the exact same way. Thought we actually played quite well in the first half on Saturday but barely created a chance despite our dominance. We simply need to find our cutting edge again to remain in a playoff spot. I'd go for the same team as Saturday but swap Carrick in for Smith if he's back fit. Hopefully Andy Ryan, and the strikers in general, will have picked up some sharpness again by Saturday. Goodwillie is always a certainty to score against us so we'll probably need to score at least two to win this one. 

Whoever scores first will win. 

Carrick for smith good shout ,and lets hope no sign of Roy .

Unfortunately I'm now at a point where the result will not bother me. Glass is very much half empty at moment.

Likewise. The mood has changed dramatically from what it was when we went to Broadwood before Christmas. We’ve went from being enthusiastic and believing we could actually win the league to the apathy we have now and have become accustomed to over the years.

5 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

Likewise. The mood has changed dramatically from what it was when we went to Broadwood before Christmas. We’ve went from being enthusiastic and believing we could actually win the league to the apathy we have now and have become accustomed to over the years.

Would much rather be in your position than ours!

2 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Would much rather be in your position than ours!

Strangely enough if you asked me at the start of the season would I take being 3rd in February I would have said yes. However it's the manner in which we have been first and starting to spill back. Potentially peaked too early. I just hope the players believe in themselves and go on another run. We play raith and falkirk respectively in march so that should shape how the league might end up finishing 

22 hours ago, Scotchpie said:

Worth noting how many times Clyde lose the first goal then score to draw or win...

It's been the exact opposite for Airdrie this season - apart from, ironically, the first home game against Clyde. If teams score first against us we don't have the confidence or the ability to break them down and end up just lumping the ball forward in desperation. It's been repeat ad nauseam this season. If we can keep the ball on the deck though we can hit teams on the break well or if we keep the ball in and around the opposition's half long enough we have strikers who if the ball falls to them, will score more often than not (Gallagher, Ryan and Carrick this season too). We've lost that knack in recent weeks, though actually taking a shot at goal would help in that regard. If we do score first we're generally solid enough to keep our lead (but with a habit of conceding sloppy goals from set pieces) and/or able to open up teams better as they have little choice to open up more and attack us which suits our ability to counter-attack teams well. 

Certainly not out the question though that even if we score first Clyde will come back to win. 

How refreshing it is to read positive posts about each others team and about footballing matters without mud-slinging and numb braining comments. This Saturday should be an interesting match and by all accounts the team that performs on the day to their full potential should take the spoils - as noted previously a draw seems likely!!..........

I nearly lost the will to live after reading some of the posts on pie & bovril domestic cup forum for the Clyde v Shellick cup tie, the plastic paddy's are some bunch and the one in particular with the SNP tag "romario" I think, is such a fud thinking he can wind up everyone with his comments, does he not get that every team despise the "Old Firm" with a passion as they are a virus on Scottish football.  He must be hurting after Derek MacKay stopped texting him and saying he was really cute!!.....................

1 hour ago, Highland Bully Wee said:

thinking he can wind up everyone with his comments,

Looks like he's wound you up.

As for Saturday... expecting a difficult game. We've been too inconsistent this season but it is crucial we get some form of result given the difficult fixtures to follow.

2-1 Clyde

6 hours ago, BroadwoodBoy said:

Looks like he's wound you up.

As for Saturday... expecting a difficult game. We've been too inconsistent this season but it is crucial we get some form of result given the difficult fixtures to follow.

2-1 Clyde

Love your optimism with the score , and I think this is as much a  difficult fixture for you  as it is for us. I admit I have not checked your upcoming games but we have to go to Peterhead and Montrose after the Clyde game--they remain difficult for most sides this season.  I have gone for a 2-0 home win but I nearly always get it wrong! Enjoy the match.

16 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Love your optimism with the score , and I think this is as much a  difficult fixture for you  as it is for us. I admit I have not checked your upcoming games but we have to go to Peterhead and Montrose after the Clyde game--they remain difficult for most sides this season.  I have gone for a 2-0 home win but I nearly always get it wrong! Enjoy the match.

Went to Broadwood on a high expected a win got gubbed been pish since so no high expectations for Saturday ..... so probably win 3 1 lol♦️