Airdrie0-0nians v Clyde

We make the short trip to airdrie and hopefully the new signings make the difference rankin is back and should start plus Livingstone and Howie will probably continue as full backs, I personally want to see Frodo start through the middle  and get some support to Goodie although we should be looking for the 3 points.

We make the short trip to airdrie and hopefully the new signings make the difference rankin is back and should start plus Livingstone and Howie will probably continue as full backs, I personally want to see Frodo start through the middle  and get some support to Goodie although we should be looking for the 3 points.
With almost everyone fit would prefer Cuddihy to move to right back. Howie barely goes forward if playing at right back and doesn't look that comfortable there. Howie back to centre half with Lang, harsh on Rumsby but we can't keep shoe horning all 3 into the team.

Good to have options for a change. I would be fine with the back 4, central midfield 3 and obviously Mitchell and Goodie from Sunday. Perhaps swap out Lamont and Cuddihy for 2 of Johnston/Smith/Cunningham/Love.

I notice Airdrie have failed to score in their last 4 games so congratulations on at least 1 coming on Saturday.

I would say if we play the 3 CH in the side then it has to be a 3-5-2.
If we play with a four then Howie can’t start as RB, he is not a full back and both he and the team suffer.  

Midfield will be improved now Rankin is back as long as Danny sets it up correctly.  McStay has to show the drive and commitment he showed for first 40 mins on Sunday till he tired much more consistently.

If He plays, then I also would like Johnstone more central,  if for no other reason as he canny cross the ball to any consistent level at all!
Whatever formation or style we play, our season will be defined by whether or not we get support to Goodwillie. That doesn’t necessarily mean a striker directly up with him it can also be effective support quickly from midfield.

With almost everyone fit would prefer Cuddihy to move to right back. Howie barely goes forward if playing at right back and doesn't look that comfortable there. Howie back to centre half with Lang, harsh on Rumsby but we can't keep shoe horning all 3 into the team.
I'd be Rumsby n Lang.

I didn't think McStay was at the races at all on Sunday. Hard to judge v Brown but felt he stood off him and looked less than match sharp.

I would say if we play the 3 CH in the side then it has to be a 3-5-2.
If we play with a four then Howie can’t start as RB, he is not a full back and both he and the team suffer.  

Midfield will be improved now Rankin is back as long as Danny sets it up correctly.  McStay has to show the drive and commitment he showed for first 40 mins on Sunday till he tired much more consistently.
If He plays, then I also would like Johnstone more central,  if for no other reason as he canny cross the ball to any consistent level at all!
Whatever formation or style we play, our season will be defined by whether or not we get support to Goodwillie. That doesn’t necessarily mean a striker directly up with him it can also be effective support quickly from midfield.

8 hours ago, Scotchpie said:

I didn't think McStay was at the races at all on Sunday. Hard to judge v Brown but felt he stood off him and looked less than match sharp.

Thought Mcstay started really well but faded, probably due to fitness.

Our perennial issue is Goodie being so isolated. Our midfield are not getting near enough to him often enough and he’s got 2 defenders all over him and a third defender available to mop up.

We need either more energy in midfield with players who can get beyond their defence or- play 2 up front which again means more energy and dig in midfield.

i feel sure Danny knows this and is hamstrung by limited finance and said type of midfielders availability currently. Has to be loanee or out of contract.

I’m sure all avenues being explored.

Changing the subject slightly- 

I really don’t think Goodie should be our captain- he’s not very vocal- he has a poorish game then they all do. Hard to remove his captaincy without offending- but I think it should be Ranks or Mitchell- that is until Lang signs a new contract with us. He’s a natural leader and encouraging others is a big part of his game.

I honestly don’t think the Captain thing is an issue at all. It’s not up to one person to take responsibility; I doubt the likes of Rankin, Mitchell, Rumsby etc are shrinking Violets when it comes to being vocal or giving a team mate encouragement or a rollicking. 

15 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I honestly don’t think the Captain thing is an issue at all. It’s not up to one person to take responsibility; I doubt the likes of Rankin, Mitchell, Rumsby etc are shrinking Violets when it comes to being vocal or giving a team mate encouragement or a rollicking. 

Fair point- but  let’s agree.... to disagree 

This is a must win. No reason why we can't but Clyde will, quite rightly, feel the exact same way. Thought we actually played quite well in the first half on Saturday but barely created a chance despite our dominance. We simply need to find our cutting edge again to remain in a playoff spot. I'd go for the same team as Saturday but swap Carrick in for Smith if he's back fit. Hopefully Andy Ryan, and the strikers in general, will have picked up some sharpness again by Saturday. Goodwillie is always a certainty to score against us so we'll probably need to score at least two to win this one. 

Whoever scores first will win.