Stenhousemuir v Albion Rovers, Brechin v Annan

On paper this could be an entertaining game but biggest fear at the moment will be the weather spoiling it.

No doubt Munro will be back in the defense. Will be interesting to see Harkins contributions tomorrow.  McGuigan or Biabi with Spence up front?

Time to put the bogey club beghind us.

The only change I foresee is Andy Munro replacing Jordan Armstrong at centre-back (albeit I think Armstrong did enough to keep his place after a reasonable showing against Cowdenbeath last weekend). I don't think Davie Irons has really taken to Mark McGuigan so we'll continue to see Greig Spence and Botti Biabi up top. Nevertheless, he's certainly a good option to have coming off the bench.

As everyone else in the thread has said, Albion Rovers, no matter what kind of form their in or who's playing for them, always seem to get the better of us. On paper we have a decent group of players and should be looking to take the game to them, but Christ knows what'll happen. I'm not expecting much here but as long as we match or better Brechin City's result, that's the main thing.

What a crap season it's been when this is the best you're hoping for.

Should be pumping mobs like this with the squad we now have at our disposal. A phrase I've used for years as we get turned over once again by the Wee Vers.

3-1 Wa Waz. Hoppy and Geebsy adding to a brace from Greig Spence.

27 minutes ago, Sir Richard said:

Fucking joke,calling a game off because of a forecast for heavy rain?

We have had games called off in the past because of frost at 9.00 am and a forecast of higher temps through the day .............with the ref implying that they never make decisions on forecasts . .............Pitch then playable by 2.00pm. 

Wish the refs would make up their minds . ............or stop making it up as they go along. 

Not saying this decision is wrong today , just that the refs have to be consistent. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

Really tight game today. First half we had loads of good chances but only took one. Thought we played really well, caused Albion loads of problems and looked a good team. Still had to rely on Graeme Smith who pulled off a truly amazing save in the first half. He is a top, top keeper.

Second half we created hee haw, and while Albion didn’t create a lot they were definitely the better team. Full of admiration for them. Not the most skilful side but they give there all.

Can’t see either of these sides going down which means, I’d suggest, that Annan are Brechin’s best shot of salvation.

I'm delighted to have emerged from the encounter with the three points, which I thought we deserved overall, but the second half was one of the most brutal 45 minutes I've seen this season. I can't think of anything that happened; I don't think either goalkeeper had a save to make.

Our first-half performance was generally quite good and we could have been two goals up before opening the scoring. I thought David Hopkirk had taken a little too long before centring the ball but Botti Biabi's finish was tremendous, sliding in and pushing the ball into the net with his chest. We had another shot from that forced Ryan Goodfellow into a decent save but didn't do much beyond that. Graeme Smith made a great save at point-blank range but I think the header was right at him. Nevertheless - fair play to him.

The whole team played well, there were no failures. I thought Robert Wilson and Jordan Armstrong had good games against a limited Rovers attack. I was worried Declan Byrne would push the pair of them around but they did well to blunt him and won most of their headers. Scott McLaughlin continues to confound my expectations and looked the part in the middle of the park, keeping the ball moving here and there. Hopkirk was occasionally threatening on the right and Biabi and Greig Spence worked hard up top. That was our first win at home since we beat Waterford in early October!

I was worried going into this game given our previous record against the Rovers and the terrible conditions but credit to everyone involved, we did what was asked of us. It's probably too late in the season to cast glances further up the table and push for fourth place but at least we're a bit further away from Brechin City in 10th.

Took in the Stenny game due to the Morton and almost every other game within an hour of Glasgow being called off: Clydebank and Cumbernauld being just total dumps. A draw IMO would have been the fairest result on the balance of play. Stenny got the breakthrough from nothing with a ball played out wide that looked well offside from behind the goal - that could be totally wrong - and were comfortable playing on the counter attack for the rest of the first half. They were absolutely stinking in the second half though and created next to nothing. There was never a protracted siege on Stenhousemuir’s box from Albion at the other end but they had much more of the ball and pressure so it was an extremely ‘efficient’ three points given how poorly the home team actually played.

Horrible weather 

Horrible game 

Horrible result 

Horrible wee set of teens in the corner chanting “Rovers are going to die at the end of the game” and giving it the big one to rovers fans after the game who were just there to support there team and these wee arses know that nothing will happen to them they are an absolute disgrace to a good club.

Horrible weather 
Horrible game 
Horrible result 
Horrible wee set of teens in the corner chanting “Rovers are going to die at the end of the game” and giving it the big one to rovers fans after the game who were just there to support there team and these wee arses know that nothing will happen to them they are an absolute disgrace to a good club.
Just young teens shouting nonsense. Calm doon.