Pyramid

13 minutes ago, AML67 said:

That is possibly true but I’m sure they’ll hardly agree that’s a bonus for having to endure what will almost definitely now be an incredibly difficult season ahead ! What if they begin to really struggle to keep the heads up if results start to go against them and perhaps players might drift away in the long winter months leaving them with a threadbare squad , it’s hardly what they signed up for is it ? 

On the other hand they'll now have some decent sized supports turning up that might not have been something they could look forward to. Swings and roundabouts

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I would see it as a perfect recruiting tool. Didn't the lose a bunch of their squad that finished 2nd to a random assortment of West Region clubs last year?

I believe you’re correct , 4 or 5 of the team moved to the Juniors I’m pretty sure ! They have the advantage of the catchment area but for me it still doesn’t sit well that the West has changed the overall scenario that all the Clubs thought they were getting involved with ! I’m sure many ambitious Clubs were hugely looking forward to testing themselves against the various Super League sides they hoped to draw in the Conferences , I know it was a big consideration for our Club regardless of how we may have faired. That carrot has been taken away and I honestly feel it’s to the immediate detriment of the SFA and the WOSFL for removing those glamour games 

Just now, AML67 said:

I believe you’re correct , 4 or 5 of the team moved to the Juniors I’m pretty sure ! They have the advantage of the catchment area but for me it still doesn’t sit well that the West has changed the overall scenario that all the Clubs thought they were getting involved with ! I’m sure many ambitious Clubs were hugely looking forward to testing themselves against the various Super League sides they hoped to draw in the Conferences , I know it was a big consideration for our Club regardless of how we may have faired. That carrot has been taken away and I honestly feel it’s to the immediate detriment of the SFA and the WOSFL for removing those glamour games 

The WoSFL never changed it. The SFA changed it. The WoSFL has been open and upfront with their intention to have Conferences at the same level since February.

For me I would advocating for Conferences still. All they would be giving up is access to the Lowland League playoff and that's entirely dependent on their overall champion being licenced.

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

On the other hand they'll now have some decent sized supports turning up that might not have been something they could look forward to. Swings and roundabouts

Asim they and Caley Braves were the sides with basically no support in the South and I don’t mean to be disrespectful here but it’s a fact ! Whether it was home or away these sides had effectively no supporters and in that respect they won’t add anything to the West Premier but I wish them well !
The travelling support , the chance to play these illustrious names albeit probably only for the initial Conference season and the opportunity to visit pastures new were huge considerations for all these new and potential Clubs so to have the status quo effectively remain isn’t a great start in my eyes 

1 minute ago, AML67 said:

Asim they and Caley Braves were the sides with basically no support in the South and I don’t mean to be disrespectful here but it’s a fact ! Whether it was home or away these sides had effectively no supporters and in that respect they won’t add anything to the West Premier but I wish them well !
The travelling support , the chance to play these illustrious names albeit probably only for the initial Conference season and the opportunity to visit pastures new were huge considerations for all these new and potential Clubs so to have the status quo effectively remain isn’t a great start in my eyes 

I remember someone suggesting they tried to get a groundshare at Rugby Park. I'm sure they would now love it if they had.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The WoSFL never changed it. The SFA changed it. The WoSFL has been open and upfront with their intention to have Conferences at the same level since February.

For me I would advocating for Conferences still. All they would be giving up is access to the Lowland League playoff and that's entirely dependent on their overall champion being licenced.

I realise the SFA made the changes , I merely meant it was to the detriment of the WOSFL in everyone’s eyes that whether it was pushed for by Clubs or merely we’re led to believe because the admin side couldn’t have coped at Hampden I find unacceptable if true ! Surely they could have increased the staff if this is to be believed 

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I remember someone suggesting they tried to get a groundshare at Rugby Park. I'm sure they would now love it if they had.

I’m not aware of this , are we talking Bonnyton here or one of the Junior teams ? 

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Bonnyton Thistle. Can't remember who said it or where, and it caught me by surprise having never heard of it until then.

They appear to have an excellent youth set up coming through the age groups but we didn't see it transpire into support for the senior team ! They certainly had several good players but in all honesty having seen our team play Linlithgow Rose , Culter , East Stirling , Beith , Kelty and Glenafton in recent seasons they most certainly aren’t anywhere near that level and they’ll almost surely struggle unless they manage to add quality and in numbers to the guys already there ! 

3 minutes ago, AML67 said:

They appear to have an excellent youth set up coming through the age groups but we didn't see it transpire into support for the senior team ! They certainly had several good players but in all honesty having seen our team play Linlithgow Rose , Culter , East Stirling , Beith , Kelty and Glenafton in recent seasons they most certainly aren’t anywhere near that level and they’ll almost surely struggle unless they manage to add quality and in numbers to the guys already there ! 

The Rugby Park suggestion came from @Burnieman

So seems legit, just possibly a pipedream of Bonnyton's.

On 31/01/2020 at 10:34, Burnie_man said:

Was down there recently with our U20's decent wee set-up but not quite there yet with Licencing.  Although, there was a suggestion that they have been looking at sharing Rugby Park  (a bit like Heston Rovers sharing Palmerston).

6 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The Rugby Park suggestion came from @Burnieman

So seems legit, just possibly a pipedream of Bonnyton's.

With all due respect they are literally miles away from Licensing at their home ground ! There’s no stand of any description  ( not even a covered area ) , the perimeter fence is sort of covered in the most see through netting imaginable , not so sure the floodlights will meet the new specifications  , the changing rooms require 5 showers minimum and there isn’t even cost hooks in the modular buildings ! 
They are new to senior football admittedly but a License must be miles off , many Junior teams will be far closer already without even having actually been looking at the criteria , simply having adequate facilities for players and supporters 

Edited by AML67

54 minutes ago, AML67 said:

Asim they and Caley Braves were the sides with basically no support in the South and I don’t mean to be disrespectful here but it’s a fact !

I know their support is non-existent but that's why they might look forward to decent away crowds bulking up their coffers for a season even if there's a few drubbings during that period

44 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I know their support is non-existent but that's why they might look forward to decent away crowds bulking up their coffers for a season even if there's a few drubbings during that period

Perhaps , they did tell me the geographical situation was key to their decision and the away support will certainly outnumber the home of that there’s absolutely no doubt ! I guess as has been pointed out the worst that can happen is a pretty difficult opening campaign then Tier 7 if that’s what transpires and realistically they won’t have expected to be top 4 in any of the Conferences anyway. In that respect they’ve nothing to lose and potentially much to gain if they can relatively successfully negotiate their first season and regroup for any future level where they be more able to consolidate and compete in ! 

14 hours ago, AML67 said:

They appear to have an excellent youth set up coming through the age groups but we didn't see it transpire into support for the senior team ! They certainly had several good players but in all honesty having seen our team play Linlithgow Rose , Culter , East StirlingSHIRE , Beith , Kelty and Glenafton in recent seasons they most certainly aren’t anywhere near that level and they’ll almost surely struggle unless they manage to add quality and in numbers to the guys already there ! 

FTFY

32 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

So what is the league set up in the sos /wsfl / whatever going to be ? .

Teams like Heston/Newton /Wigtown  can't be alongside Hurlford  /Linlithgow /Talbot  can they ? 

How do you think a Play-Off for promotion to the Lowland League would go if Hurlford  /Linlithgow /Talbot  were up against the likes of Heston/Newton /Wigtown?

Why is anyone even bothered about this association. Bit desperate trying to lure in teams with a begging social media call to come join us. Stick them where they should be bottom tier of pyramid and let them enjoy the football at that level.

Just now, cherrywhite said:

SOS 

Apologies I deleted the initial comment to attempt to male a further point ! Perhaps with all the confusion with the new West etc you assume it wasn’t prudent of the Association to remind people of the application deadline just in case they were totally and quite probably pissed off with the hand they’ve suddenly been dealt in the last few days ?