Pyramid

I’m guessing Bonnyton aren't too happy at the goalposts being moved in the WOSFL ! They’ve went from being geographically well placed to compete in a random Conference to being thrown into the deep end with the entire Super League. Pretty sure this wasn’t what they expected to get when they signed up and I’m sure others in the South that contemplated this move are relieved ! 
What will the other 50 applicants think of apparently being ‘shafted’ by the big boys in this new path 

3 minutes ago, AML67 said:

I’m guessing Bonnyton aren't too happy at the goalposts being moved in the WOSFL ! They’ve went from being geographically well placed to compete in a random Conference to being thrown into the deep end with the entire Super League. Pretty sure this wasn’t what they expected to get when they signed up and I’m sure others in the South that contemplated this move are relieved ! 
What will the other 50 applicants think of apparently being ‘shafted’ by the big boys in this new path 

If other SOS clubs contemplating this had in fact moved then there would need to be another solution - you couldn't have tier 6 consisting of the West Premiership + a few SOS teams as it would be too many for one league.

15 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

If other SOS clubs contemplating this had in fact moved then there would need to be another solution - you couldn't have tier 6 consisting of the West Premiership + a few SOS teams as it would be too many for one league.

Agreed but why was this allowed to happen ? My point realistically is how as this fair when all Clubs were led to believe they were on a equal footing in the inaugural season then this happens ! 

1 hour ago, AML67 said:

They're an Ayrshire team.  They will get to play other Ayrshire teams closer to them than the SOS teams. They will start in Tier 6, which is the same Tier they are in now.  If it turns out they are relegated in their first season, then this just shows that SoSL is Tier 6 on paper only.  And then Bonnyton will get to play local teams at tier 7 at their own level.  Not seeing what the problem is or why they've been shafted.  It's common knowledge that the WoS juniors is a higher level than the SoSL.

1 hour ago, AML67 said:

Agreed but why was this allowed to happen ? My point realistically is how as this fair when all Clubs were led to believe they were on a equal footing in the inaugural season then this happens ! 

The clubs were conned from within.

3 hours ago, mcruic said:

They're an Ayrshire team.  They will get to play other Ayrshire teams closer to them than the SOS teams. They will start in Tier 6, which is the same Tier they are in now.  If it turns out they are relegated in their first season, then this just shows that SoSL is Tier 6 on paper only.  And then Bonnyton will get to play local teams at tier 7 at their own level.  Not seeing what the problem is or why they've been shafted.  It's common knowledge that the WoS juniors is a higher level than the SoSL.

Also, Bonnyton are now guaranteed to be at least tier 7 for 2021/22 while in the original conferences idea they couldn't have gone straight to tier 8.

20 hours ago, mcruic said:

Your initial points are correct but I’m sure Bonnyton and the 50 other Junior teams didn’t sign up for this only to see the goalposts moved once they all agreed this move ! 

Your assuming every Junior team is at a higher level than the South then clearly you are a FUD 

16 hours ago, Marten said:

Also, Bonnyton are now guaranteed to be at least tier 7 for 2021/22 while in the original conferences idea they couldn't have gone straight to tier 8.

That is possibly true but I’m sure they’ll hardly agree that’s a bonus for having to endure what will almost definitely now be an incredibly difficult season ahead ! What if they begin to really struggle to keep the heads up if results start to go against them and perhaps players might drift away in the long winter months leaving them with a threadbare squad , it’s hardly what they signed up for is it ? 

2 minutes ago, AML67 said:

That is possibly true but I’m sure they’ll hardly agree that’s a bonus for having to endure what will almost definitely now be an incredibly difficult season ahead ! What if they begin to really struggle to keep the heads up if results start to go against them and perhaps players might drift away in the long winter months leaving them with a threadbare squad , it’s hardly what they signed up for is it ? 

I would see it as a perfect recruiting tool. Didn't the lose a bunch of their squad that finished 2nd to a random assortment of West Region clubs last year?