Pyramid

32 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

4 = Threave Rovers, Wigtown & Bladnoch, Newton Stewart and St Cuthbert Wanderers.

It has also been mentioned that Heston Rovers, Abbey Vale and Creetown are considering licencing and its' costs, practicalities etc.

1 hour ago, Eck’s played a blinder said:

Dev consideration is ‘free’ but the practicalities are far more expensive ! Time will tell though

That's right! Wasn't suggesting anything other.

Am I right in thinking that the South of Scotland League and West Juniors will fit in underneath the new/mooted tier 6 West of Scotland League? 

Because I take it that the West of Scotland League will cover the entire west and south region in the same way that the tier 6+ East of Scotland League (debatably) covers the entire east region, with the Highland League covering (albeit at tier 5+) the north region?

So promotion to the Lowland League will come about through winning the West and East regional tier 6s, rather than a mishmash of South, West and East and possibly West Junior leagues all promoting into the Lowland League (since we know that the South isn't all that strong, and the juniors may deliberately not meet licencing criteria causing blockages, etc).

http://slfl.co.uk/statement-pyramid-update/

2 hours ago, no-brainer said:

Am I right in thinking that the South of Scotland League and West Juniors will fit in underneath the new/mooted tier 6 West of Scotland League? 

Because I take it that the West of Scotland League will cover the entire west and south region in the same way that the tier 6+ East of Scotland League (debatably) covers the entire east region, with the Highland League covering (albeit at tier 5+) the north region?

So promotion to the Lowland League will come about through winning the West and East regional tier 6s, rather than a mishmash of South, West and East and possibly West Junior leagues all promoting into the Lowland League (since we know that the South isn't all that strong, and the juniors may deliberately not meet licencing criteria causing blockages, etc).

SoSFL will remain Tier 6. West Juniors will have nothing to do with the Pyramid.

4 hours ago, no-brainer said:

The SOS league will sit along the EOS and the LL sponsored WOS league at Tier 6.  The Juniors will NOT have access to the Pyramid.

6 hours ago, no-brainer said:

The SOSFL is already Tier 6 so it can’t ‘slot in’ below any potential new WOSFL , it’ll be on a par as will the EOSFL and as AsimButtHitsASix states all three will look to feed into the LL 

So the West of Scotland League will really just be a glorified district league for west-central clubs? 

And a club such as Threave will still face a large jump in costs from playing in the South of Scotland district league to the semi-national Lowland League.  I'd prefer to see a West of Scotland League as a regional feeder, sitting between district leagues (e.g. SoSFL) and the Lowland League. 

And I've always felt that the Lowland League was just a sort of place holder - so a West of Scotland League would eventually take over from the Lowland League, for the West region, once there is enough depth of licenced clubs.

Having the South of Scotland district, a West of Scotland district and an East of Scotland region all feeding into a sub-national Lowland League looks like a guddle-fankle to me; there again, the best things in life seem to evolve naturally (nights out, marriages) rather than be planned rationally, so it may work out over time. 

(And I'd still like to see a route in for juniors and amateurs, on merit, but I admit that may yet be some way off.)

1 hour ago, no-brainer said:

So the West of Scotland League will really just be a glorified district league for west-central clubs? 

And a club such as Threave will still face a large jump in costs from playing in the South of Scotland district league to the semi-national Lowland League.  I'd prefer to see a West of Scotland League as a regional feeder, sitting between district leagues (e.g. SoSFL) and the Lowland League. 

And I've always felt that the Lowland League was just a sort of place holder - so a West of Scotland League would eventually take over from the Lowland League, for the West region, once there is enough depth of licenced clubs.

Having the South of Scotland district, a West of Scotland district and an East of Scotland region all feeding into a sub-national Lowland League looks like a guddle-fankle to me; there again, the best things in life seem to evolve naturally (nights out, marriages) rather than be planned rationally, so it may work out over time. 

(And I'd still like to see a route in for juniors and amateurs, on merit, but I admit that may yet be some way off.)

What a silly comment based in arrogance from Junior ranks.  The LL at tier 5 IS the path for clubs to access the Pyramid and will remain so.  The Juniors HAVE access to the new LL led WOSFL at Tier 6 based on merit albeit from the second season.  Ig you bothered to read the Junior forum on here that has been gone into in detail.  It means that EVERY club, Junior or other has EQUAL access in the first season and then they can progress on merit. 

My biggest question on all of this geography is that I believe that the SOS League should be covering the South of Scotland from West to East and not just the South west.  The issue around Threave is irrelevant as any club wishing to progress has similar issues of cost.

On 09/03/2020 at 11:30, no-brainer said:

1 hour ago, no-brainer said:

2 posts in, and you certainly have created an impression 😂

I repeat - so the West of Scotland League will really just be a glorified district league for west-central clubs.  It seems a grandiose name for such a limited catchment area - given that the South of Scotland district covers Dumfries and GallowAyr (e.g. Bonnyton).

It seems odd to have a West of Scotland (i.e. Strathclyde/Greater Glasgow) district league sitting alongside a South of Scotland district league in the west area, yet in the east area the East of Scotland League covers the entirety of the Lothians, Borders, Forth Valley, Fife and (some of) Tay districts.  So I'd be expecting the winners of the South and West districts to play off first, before meeting the winner of the East region, in order for the play offs to be fair.   

Rationally, you'd have either a West of Scotland League encompassing all districts within that region (e.g. South, Strathclyde) and East of Scotland League covering all districts in that region as it almost is now (except for North of Tay district), OR you'd have the individual districts playing off within their overall regions for the right to play off against the top team from the other Lowland region (East v West). 

I don't view an application process as by 'merit': I'm referring to promotion for amateurs and juniors via winning a league and progressing through their districts and on into the regions that way; the issue with Threave and no doubt many others is to not give them so big a jump that they guaranteed to fail without the help of some sugar daddy - from district to region to sub-/semi-national (South, to West region, to Lowland) is more manageable than from district to semi-national (South, to Lowland).

I disagree that the Lowland League is anything more than a stop-gap, and in years to come I think you'll find that it will split into Lowland West and Lowland East sections; this will probably have to happen in order to accommodate the North of Tay district, but won't do until the larger west juniors are more fully integrated into pyramid.  (Also Interesting to note that Banks o' Dee were invited into the Highland League, but Golspie weren't; wondering where the North of Tay path is here, and concluding that they will end up under the Lowland East aegis).

No - there's plenty more to do in terms of providing a path for the juniors and amateurs into the pyramid, so no quite as worked through as stated above.

But credit to them for having the gumption and fortitude for progressing things this far; hopefully it goes well tomorrow.   

34 minutes ago, no-brainer said:

I repeat - so the West of Scotland League will really just be a glorified district league for west-central clubs.  It seems a grandiose name for such a limited catchment area - given that the South of Scotland district covers Dumfries and GallowAyr (e.g. Bonnyton).

It seems odd to have a West of Scotland (i.e. Strathclyde/Greater Glasgow) district league sitting alongside a South of Scotland district league in the west area, yet in the east area the East of Scotland League covers the entirety of the Lothians, Borders, Forth Valley, Fife and (some of) Tay districts.  So I'd be expecting the winners of the South and West districts to play off first, before meeting the winner of the East region, in order for the play offs to be fair.   

Rationally, you'd have either a West of Scotland League encompassing all districts within that region (e.g. South, Strathclyde) and East of Scotland League covering all districts in that region as it almost is now (except for North of Tay district), OR you'd have the individual districts playing off within their overall regions for the right to play off against the top team from the other Lowland region (East v West). 

I don't view an application process as by 'merit': I'm referring to promotion for amateurs and juniors via winning a league and progressing through their districts and on into the regions that way; the issue with Threave and no doubt many others is to not give them so big a jump that they guaranteed to fail without the help of some sugar daddy - from district to region to sub-/semi-national (South, to West region, to Lowland) is more manageable than from district to semi-national (South, to Lowland).

I disagree that the Lowland League is anything more than a stop-gap, and in years to come I think you'll find that it will split into Lowland West and Lowland East sections; this will probably have to happen in order to accommodate the North of Tay district, but won't do until the larger west juniors are more fully integrated into pyramid.  (Also Interesting to note that Banks o' Dee were invited into the Highland League, but Golspie weren't; wondering where the North of Tay path is here, and concluding that they will end up under the Lowland East aegis).

No - there's plenty more to do in terms of providing a path for the juniors and amateurs into the pyramid, so no quite as worked through as stated above.

But credit to them for having the gumption and fortitude for progressing things this far; hopefully it goes well tomorrow.   

All I can surmise from your post is that you're an idiot.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2020 at 22:37, Cyclizine said:

HFL requires floodlights. Golspie don't have any.

Golspie Sutherland  were granted approval for floodlights in November 2019.  Full details on their website.

Whilst on the subject of SFA Licensing, is Wigtown & Bladnock about to lose its licence because the club doesn't have floodlights at Trammondford Park ?  Apologies if I have missed a club announcement about this.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

That's Bonnyton Thistle applying to the WoSFL.

Can’t actually say this has come as a surprise to anyone in the South as it makes complete logistical sense for them ! They’re a decent young team who I’m sure will progress given the exposure the new West League will have and all the best to them , a big step but I’m sure everyone in the South applauds their move. Time will tell if the SoSL ultimately will become part of the West through time in a regionalised sense but until that point I’m sure the remainin* teams are happy where they are 

1 hour ago, AML67 said:

Can’t actually say this has come as a surprise to anyone in the South as it makes complete logistical sense for them ! They’re a decent young team who I’m sure will progress given the exposure the new West League will have and all the best to them , a big step but I’m sure everyone in the South applauds their move. Time will tell if the SoSL ultimately will become part of the West through time in a regionalised sense but until that point I’m sure the remainin* teams are happy where they are 

No hints of any applications to the SOS league after Bonnyton's move?