Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LiviLion

Livingston v St Mirren - 12/02/2020

Recommended Posts

Having watched the highlights, McMillan is standing far too deep allowing Obika yards of space to get a run in behind Brown, that has happened to us far too often in away games, needing to either stand where Guthrie is marking his man, so we can block/tackle/hold off the striker, or organise our back line better, so we're playing them offside (which also leaves us in the hands of officials doing their job spotting offsides), we aint got the pace to keep being left in a race with quick strikers. 

Brown got caught the wrong side of a St Mirren player again and left for dead, luckily for us we got away with it that time, noticed Keags jumping in a few times and being on the wrong side of a player and caught dead too, wasn't a good 2nd half for us. We're usually far more solid defensively at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Having watched the highlights, McMillan is standing far too deep allowing Obika yards of space to get a run in behind Brown, that has happened to us far too often in away games, needing to either stand where Guthrie is marking his man, so we can block/tackle/hold off the striker, or organise our back line better, so we're playing them offside (which also leaves us in the hands of officials doing their job spotting offsides), we aint got the pace to keep being left in a race with quick strikers. 

Brown got caught the wrong side of a St Mirren player again and left for dead, luckily for us we got away with it that time, noticed Keags jumping in a few times and being on the wrong side of a player and caught dead too, wasn't a good 2nd half for us. We're usually far more solid defensively at home.

Think a lot of that had to do with Bartley going off. His physical presence in midfield, breaking up a lot means our defence don't have to get involved as much. Keaghs will chase and battle but not quite the same as Bartley who has strolled 90% of games for us. Perhaps Crawford would have been a more suitable option as someone who is willing to put his foot on the ball and carry it. I'm a big fan of Keaghs and I understand what I'm about to criticise actually got us the second goal but he has a tendancy to just turn and whack a ball forward regardless of there being team mates making runs or not.

 

I'd also like to add....Menga still looks completely clueless positionally but what an out ball! Him and Dykes is a frightening prospect for any defence.

Edited by Cptn Hooch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'd also like to add....Menga still looks completely clueless positionally but what an out ball! Him and Dykes is a frightening prospect for any defence.

Yes, was thinking that he's as good/bad as I remember. Robinson had a quiet game by his usual standards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always thought Dolly was more effective on the left wing - playing on the right tended to be a bit chaotic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I once looked up chaotic in the dictionary, this is what I found.

 

chaotic
[keɪˈɒtɪk]
ADJECTIVE
  1. in a state of complete confusion and disorder, Dolly Menga.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Afro said:

Really dug in that last half hour. That’s a great three points for us considering the run of games coming up.

I think St Mirren will be fine. Had more about them than what I’ve seen of Hearts, County and Accies.

It’s just a typical St Mirren top flight season. We lost last night, but this week, so did County, Accies and Hearts. Every season, it seems we are looking for team X, Y, and/or Z to lose as we also lose. A few weeks ago, St Johnstone were shite, but by their own efforts, are getting a few 3 pointers together. That’s what we need, but I don’t see where a run is coming from. Maybe we’ll shitfest our way to safety by the usual method - someone being more shit than us.... or defeating a Dundee team on pens.

Edited by pozbaird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Having watched the penalty incident back on tv, I’d definitely be looking for it had it been us in a similar position. McCarthy was clumsy in the challenge, albeit Dykes went down quite easily. 
Livi are a very decent side and deserve to be where they are on merit, they have good players throughout their team.  I Would bite your hand off to have a season like they are having. 
For us it’s another relegation scrap and in all honesty I don’t see us surviving.
Tbh we deserved a Pen for the fact McCarthy tucks his shirt into his shorts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, LogieLivi said:
On 13/02/2020 at 08:15, glenburn bud said:
Having watched the penalty incident back on tv, I’d definitely be looking for it had it been us in a similar position. McCarthy was clumsy in the challenge, albeit Dykes went down quite easily. 
Livi are a very decent side and deserve to be where they are on merit, they have good players throughout their team.  I Would bite your hand off to have a season like they are having. 
For us it’s another relegation scrap and in all honesty I don’t see us surviving.

Tbh we deserved a Pen for the fact McCarthy tucks his shirt into his shorts.

One or two fellow buddies have mentioned this to me at recent games. He’s old school and to be honest he can tuck his shirt in every game if he continues to impress with each performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

One or two fellow buddies have mentioned this to me at recent games. He’s old school and to be honest he can tuck his shirt in every game if he continues to impress with each performance.

I'll take old school and Puma Kings every day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, crispy said:

I'll take old school and Puma Kings every day.

Black boots and nane of the fancy Nancy bright dayglo colours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

One or two fellow buddies have mentioned this to me at recent games. He’s old school and to be honest he can tuck his shirt in every game if he continues to impress with each performance.

The tucked-in shirt is a sign of the no-nonsense approach that marks him out as a stick-on future captain of St Mirren Football Club.

As long as we don't go down and have to sell him in the summer for £50k, obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

The tucked-in shirt is a sign of the no-nonsense approach that marks him out as a stick-on future captain of St Mirren Football Club.

As long as we don't go down and have to sell him in the summer for £50k, obviously.

He’s been superb since joining the club in the window. Totally agree that he’s a future captain.

If he continues with this rapid progress, then we’ll struggle to hold on to him for the duration of the two and a half year contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...