Livingston v St Mirren - 12/02/2020

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

I've moaned about that constantly before. Having a winter break before the worst of the winter weather arrives is simply bizarre - but then cramming fixtures into mid-week as the weather normally worsens is simply adding insult to injury. 

Summer football is the only way to guarantee playing in better conditions.  Don't know why they don't give it a go.

A good result is a must here if we're serious about top six. Some really tough games coming up with this one being one that we could realistically take something from. No offence to St Mirren, who will be thinking the same about us I'm sure.

52 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

A good result is a must here if we're serious about top six. Some really tough games coming up with this one being one that we could realistically take something from. No offence to St Mirren, who will be thinking the same about us I'm sure.

I don't see that as in any way offensive, tbh. You've got to fancy yourselves with the general form you're in this season. 

It remains to be seen if our draws are going to save us or kills us. Six from the last 12 if you chuck in the cup games. If we'd got off to a better start in the league then we probably could 1-1 ourselves to safety. Sadly, we didn't...

image.thumb.png.d45b483ec24113875189859f892af35c.png

Personally think £25 is at the high but still acceptable end of the scale for Premiership football. What pisses me off is the additional £2 for ticketmaster and booking fee when paying in advance. As had been said, people booking in advance should be given an incentive to do so.

St. Mirren fans outraged at £25 when they charge £22 is a laugh. 

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Personally think £25 is at the high but still acceptable end of the scale for Premiership football. What pisses me off is the additional £2 for ticketmaster and booking fee when paying in advance. As had been said, people booking in advance should be given an incentive to do so.

Totally agree on those additional fees for online booking; Scottish fans paying £20+ for away tickets; and, as the above poster said, packing games into Christmas and just after is tough considering everyone is skint. 

Anyway, on the game, I feel it's a must-win based on our form and trajectory over the past month or so. A few games down the line and/or a few positions down the league and i'd say I'd be happy with a point. It seems St Mirren (and Hamilton perhaps more so) have really picked up recently.

Edited by crispy

28 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think the form table above would beg to differ.

Makes Hearts victory against The Rangers look all the more astonishing when you see that form table.

And sorry, £25 for a Livvy v Saints game IS taking the piss.

I remember last season waiting in a big queue in the social club to buy tickets off a couple of people sitting at a wooden table.

Honestly thought they were joking when the two £20 notes I had ready in my hand wasn't enough for me and my 83 year old dad.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think the form table above would beg to differ.

If the measure is points accrued (ultimately the most important one) then I’m inclined to agree. However, I think their performances against the Old Firm have been pretty solid and far from fodder so an upward trajectory it could be argued.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

The pitch.

Think yourself lucky; Livi have to play on it every second week!

2 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Makes Hearts victory against The Rangers look all the more astonishing when you see that form table.

And sorry, £25 for a Livvy v Saints game IS taking the piss.

I remember last season waiting in a big queue in the social club to buy tickets off a couple of people sitting at a wooden table.

Honestly thought they were joking when the two £20 notes I had ready in my hand wasn't enough for me and my 83 year old dad.

Should've went to this guy.

Arthur-Daley-Minder-Flash-Harry-St-Trinians-George-Cole-spiv-Afterhours-Sleaze-and-Dignity-2.jpg

1 hour ago, crispy said:

If the measure is points accrued (ultimately the most important one) then I’m inclined to agree. However, I think their performances against the Old Firm have been pretty solid and far from fodder so an upward trajectory it could be argued.

Think yourself lucky; Livi have to play on it every second week!

Again, if you are using that as a bar, our only 2 losses in the last 9 league games have been a 2-1 home loss to Celtic and a 1-0 away defeat to an admittedly under-performing Rangers.

Away to Livi always gives me the fear.

Was just thinking about Livingston and what's gone on there since they were the original Scottish football story of small club bankrolling themselves to success.

To all intents and purposes, they really should have been dead and buried at the point where they were shunted from the first division down to the third with administration after having the Italian nutters running the show. They had been an absolute basketcase for years - the league cup win, top flight football, 3rd place finish and European football was a distant memory that was destined to be a footnote next to Gretna.

All the usual jibes about crowds, plastic pitches and Martindale aside, the fact that they've pushed back up through the leagues from nothing and become one of the best sides in the country is pretty big testament to the way the club is now run and deserves a lot more respect than it probably gets.

Hope we pump the c***s tomorrow though.

Edited by djchapsticks

5 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Here's the lad who stuck in at Algebra thinking it will eventually become useful

Our main issue going into this game is that Livingston have a better team than us. As the league table shows.

Doesn’t mean we will lose, of course. Football is a funny old game.

Certainly take a point though.

One of Renfrewshire’s finest sons had the surname Wallace. So I guess Ross will be a good signing for us. Start him on that basis.

Stattos... Have St Mirren had a Wallace play for us before..?

On 10/02/2020 at 18:07, FTOF said:

We've got a team of vertically challenged individuals. Just fire in high balls to Dykes and your defenders and we'll struggle.

We've got three 21 year olds and a 23 year old in our defence at present.

I'll wait and see what the weather prospects are before deciding to attend or not.🥶

Jim Goodwin says you'll be fine.

The Irishman said ahead of Wednesday's Ladbrokes Premiership contest in West Lothian: "You know what you are going to get with Livingston. They are a very direct team – balls up to Lyndon Dykes, play for set-plays and long throws. Anything within 40 yards of your box is coming in. It's land of the giants and unfortunately we are not.

Bit of a myth about us being a big team, our midfielders are all short arses, just the CB's that are really tall,  Guthrie being the tallest at about 6 ft 4, would say most CB's are the same though. And Dykes up front just over 6ft.

14 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

The fact that they've pushed back up through the leagues from nothing and become one of the best sides in the country is pretty big testament to the way the club is now run and deserves a lot more respect than it probably gets.

Maybe it does deserve a lot more respect. Fcuked if I’m giving them any though. Gretna got their come-uppance. Tick tock. I will however give Livingston huge respect - fantastic place for well-priced trainers and jeans in that outlet mall, plus lots of good coffee shops and eateries. An actual decent shopping experience for a bloke. Well played the Livvy shops.

Edit: I have absolutely nothing against Livvy fans. I simply don’t have to like their club though. I also have nothing against New England Patriots fans. It’s still my right to think Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are fannies though. 😀

Edited by pozbaird

21 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Maybe it does deserve a lot more respect. Fcuked if I’m giving them any though. Gretna got their come-uppance. Tick tock. I will however give Livingston huge respect - fantastic place for well-priced trainers and jeans in that outlet mall, plus lots of good coffee shops and eateries. An actual decent shopping experience for a bloke. Well played the Livvy shops.

Edit: I have absolutely nothing against Livvy fans. I simply don’t have to like their club though. I also have nothing against New England Patriots fans. It’s still my right to think Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are fannies though. 😀

To counter that; if you want to perform a pub crawl in Livingston you need to be ####ing fit! Certainly lots of opportunity to sober up between pubs.

As a general point the main roads around Livi look okay at the moment but the footpaths are still a mess - hopefully the council will get their finger out and get them cleared and gritted ahead of the game.