Livingston v St Mirren - 12/02/2020

The bbc pundits put in their place before the game by Richard Gordon bringing the facts the the USA have evidence to prove that more injuries are sustained on grass pitches than on artificial surfaces because they have been using them longer than we have.

Anyways Marvin out for the **** game is a bit of a worry however was he not going to miss it through suspension anyway? Or was that the Hibs game?
We have beaten the **** and the hubs before without Bartley I'm sure we can again.
Feeling positive going into saturdays game now with the **** there for the taking.

Ref was shite the night btw.

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
2 hours ago, Munoz said:
Very soft according to the radio. 

Soft or not...if the referee gives the penalty the defender needs to walk or get a yellow at least

Haven't seen it , so can't comment on it. 

Congratulations on the win.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think we're already too far ahead of Hearts and Accies for either of them to catch, no danger they're getting to 37 points, with just 12 games left to play. So top six is where we should be focussing on now, Killie have had a revival of late, so going to be a fight to keep them and Hibs from catching us, St Johnstone may not be out of it yet either. The run in to the split is going to be pretty exciting. We just missed out last season, so really hope we can do it this season. Things could tighten up even further after our next three games.

Yea, I think we have a fight for top 6 given the upturn of the three teams below us. We could lose all of those games before the split(!). A haul of 9-10 points would be excellent and maybe 5-6 realistic. 

7 minutes ago, crispy said:

Yea, I think we have a fight for top 6 given the upturn of the three teams below us. We could lose all of those games before the split(!). A haul of 9-10 points would be excellent and maybe 5-6 realistic. 

Sevco aren't firing on all cylanders since the winter break, and Hibs defence is still shite, but they're both away games and we all know how shite we are away from home, i'd take 2 draws there and who knows what we could do in the home match against Celtic.

11 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
2 hours ago, Munoz said:
Very soft according to the radio. 

Soft or not...if the referee gives the penalty the defender needs to walk or get a yellow at least

I’m pretty sure the new rules are that there is no double jeopardy for incidents like this - if the ref gives the pen there can be no red card unless the foul was violent conduct. 

7 minutes ago, Snooky said:

I’m pretty sure the new rules are that there is no double jeopardy for incidents like this - if the ref gives the pen there can be no red card unless the foul was violent conduct. 

Or if he adjudged the defender has made no attempt to get the ball...I think.

41 minutes ago, Snooky said:

I could believe this as we had Erskine about to finish a chance from a few yards out and as he was about to pull the trigger the Raith player clipped his heels. I don’t think he was booked even though it was blatant.

Edited by crispy

36 minutes ago, crispy said:

I could believe this as we had Erskine about to finish a chance from a few yards out and as he was about to pull the trigger the Raith player clipped his heels. I don’t think he was booked even though it was blatant.

You've taken that too far there crispy.

Saw the penalty on Sky there, stonewall without a doubt. Really clumsy from the St Mirren boy

Totally agree, Dykes simply waited and the challenge duly arrived however did you also see the push in the back of Obika when he went up for his header at the near post after we scored?

2 hours ago, Torfason said:

Totally agree, Dykes simply waited and the challenge duly arrived however did you also see the push in the back of Obika when he went up for his header at the near post after we scored?

It's the same thing both teams were getting away with all game. Second half Famewo realised he could nudge/push Dykes when he was going up for flick ons and the ref wouldn't do anything.

Honestly reckon the ref didn't have a bad game, St Mirren fans just raging at everything

9 hours ago, Durnford said:

Something that I found quite strange though; two of the Saints player who I thought had lifted their game the most were substituted.

Goodwin's substitutions are baffling in most games. 

He is getting a free ride off most of the support and frankly if Stubbs was in charge he'd be getting pelters for some of the decisions that have been made. 

Having watched the penalty incident back on tv, I’d definitely be looking for it had it been us in a similar position. McCarthy was clumsy in the challenge, albeit Dykes went down quite easily. 

Livi are a very decent side and deserve to be where they are on merit, they have good players throughout their team.  I Would bite your hand off to have a season like they are having. 

For us it’s another relegation scrap and in all honesty I don’t see us surviving.

43 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Having watched the penalty incident back on tv, I’d definitely be looking for it had it been us in a similar position. McCarthy was clumsy in the challenge, albeit Dykes went down quite easily. 

Livi are a very decent side and deserve to be where they are on merit, they have good players throughout their team.  I Would bite your hand off to have a season like they are having. 

For us it’s another relegation scrap and in all honesty I don’t see us surviving.

I agree

We compete and give a good account but don't win games

Little wonder when we continuely gift goals away like last night

Especially the 2nd goal, a pub team would have dealt better

Shambles

51 minutes ago, Uncle Scan said:

I agree

Shambles

I think we could be in a spot of trouble now. I think we're going to lose to Well and Hearts, and I think we're going to be relying on Accies to be shitter than us for the rest of the season. I think we'll scrape into the playoffs, and stop up by the skin of our teeth again.

50 minutes ago, Uncle Scan said:

I agree

Shambles

We have a proverbial plethora of strikers but for varying reasons we just don’t score enough goals. 

Magennis and Flynn are a huge miss for us in terms of creativity and some quality, if Durmus isn’t on it then we’ve not got enough quality in the squad that will enable us to turn draws into the wins that we desperately need.

I like Durmus as a footballer and Magennis must be a big miss. You did cause us a few problems in the second half with pace of your strikers but we should really have killed it off earlier in the game. I was surprised with the subs going off and thought Mullen might've come on earlier for his wildcard wonder strikes though I'm not sure if the reason that he's not in team is that he's not offering enough to displace anyone else.

If Saints continue to play like they did for 44.5 minutes of the second half then they'll have nothing to worry about. Having seen most of the bottom group recently; I actually fear for our diddy brothers.

Must admit though Danny Mullin dropping to the ground like he'd been shot, clutching his face just outside the penalty area, a couple of minutes before the end, only for him to realise the referee wasn't going to give him anything so he leapt up like Lazarus and started giving the referee grief, did him no credit whatsoever. Unfortunately I can remember exactly the same stuff when he played for us.

20 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Must admit though Danny Mullin dropping to the ground like he'd been shot, clutching his face just outside the penalty area, a couple of minutes before the end, only for him to realise the referee wasn't going to give him anything so he leapt up like Lazarus and started giving the referee grief, did him no credit whatsoever. Unfortunately I can remember exactly the same stuff when he played for us.

Very much his signature move, sadly.