Kilmarnock v The Rangers

5 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Christ I can't believe I've been hooked on this line, but I blame the booze ..

Christ, I can't believe that you've reached this age without knowing what a trope is.

You said of Rangers , "the club identity is wholly based on religion and politics" and it isn't.  I know the diddies would like to see us as this but it is simply wrong.

9 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Christ I can't believe I've been hooked on this line, but I blame the booze ..

Are you honestly suggesting that religion and politics are the REAL drivers of club loyalty all over Scotland,  rather than geography? The fact that folk support Dunfermline, Livingston, Stranraer etc is just a mask for sectarian undercurrents? Rip the mask off a Queen of the South season ticket holder and there's a flute-playing, drum-banging, queen-saluting mason? All those Alloa fans are actually alter boys in communion robes? 

I don't think youre' very well. 

Apparently Monkey Tennis' sash bashes were legendary. 

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Pretty much every Rangers fan on here would agree with you.  I reserve judgement as I'm an unashamed Tory-voting (except for December) Unionist who vaunts not only our delightful Kingdom but the Protestant reformation and the Williamite revolution.

I recognise that I'm a dinosaur and know that these characteristics are not necessary to be a Rangers fan as we're a broad kirk - as exhibited by the P&B Bears.

There's an aspect that you have failed to take in to consideration:  Many people in Scotland would like to be Rangers fans but hate the sectarian baggage that goes with it.  This more than makes up for the number of Ulster Bears.

So a sectarian-free Rangers doing as we've done since 1872 - delighting and improving Scottish football - with an even broader support than we have now?  What's not to like?

I don't know about that but the opposite is true. Take a look at Rangers Media and you'll see that no one wants to be Rangers supporter but do so for the sectarianism. 

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Christ, I can't believe that you've reached this age without knowing what a trope is.

You said of Rangers , "the club identity is wholly based on religion and politics" and it isn't.  I know the diddies would like to see us as this but it is simply wrong.

I know what a trope is.

So ... the purpose and identity of the club that used to be called Glasgow Rangers, and the new one whatever it is, gains its followers because it represents who and what? 

The good people of Govan, Drumbreck, Cessnock etc are well served by such a titan of the Scottish football world. They must have some magic ingredient that means they can drag in all those busses from Lanrkshire, Galloway, Ayshire, Grampian, Inverness ....

Edited by Valentino Bolognese
Grammar

5 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I know what a trope is.

So ... the purpose and identity of the club that used to be called Glasgow Rangers, and the new one whatever it is, gains its followers because it represents who and what? 

Diddies always have to diddy.  Bit of a shame and renders your many paragraphs on this thread as useless.

7 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

Oh well was nice while it lasted, anyhoo, just in case anyone has forgotten with all the shite the Daily Ranger is printing to suck up to what's left of its dwindling readership of mutant zombies let's end this with....... IMG_20200212_213817.jpeg

McInnes vs Fabrication looks like a far bigger game going by the scoreboards. The other one looks like the bus for Kilmarnock is due in 2 minutes. 

Who won?

Got to agree with this.

Kincy your clearly staunch and believe in your club but your also clearly deluded if you truly believe that anyone would seriously want to follow your club without the religious and historical leanings.

You are one of the few sevco followers on here who can give a reasoned approach to the game but no one outwith the bigots in this country is interested in supporting  your club.

10 hours ago, coprolite said:

That was a handball quite clearly in slomo  but I'm glad the ref missed it. 

What was mckenzie doing though? He looked like he was being attacked by a wasp. 

He was being attacked by a W.A.S.P.

3 hours ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Kinky sober= sensible ***
Kinky standard = ***** ***

Can't disagree with this.  The big problem with the diddies is to know when I am pissed or sober as I get the same shit at 03.00 as I do at 15.00.

45 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

You are one of the few sevco followers on here who can give a reasoned approach to the game but no one outwith the bigots in this country is interested in supporting  your club.

I enjoy watching football, mate.  I especially like it when Rangers are in full flow but I am in no way unique.  Lots of Rangers fans - especially on here - are football fans first.

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Pretty much every Rangers fan on here would agree with you.  I reserve judgement as I'm an unashamed Tory-voting (except for December) Unionist who vaunts not only our delightful Kingdom but the Protestant reformation and the Williamite revolution.

I recognise that I'm a dinosaur and know that these characteristics are not necessary to be a Rangers fan as we're a broad kirk - as exhibited by the P&B Bears.

There's an aspect that you have failed to take in to consideration:  Many people in Scotland would like to be Rangers fans but hate the sectarian baggage that goes with it.  This more than makes up for the number of Ulster Bears.

So a sectarian-free Rangers doing as we've done since 1872 - delighting and improving Scottish football - with an even broader support than we have now?  What's not to like?

No decent Scot would vote Tory . But there again no decent fan would bring politics or religion into a football ground.

Edited by the west curve

20 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure why the disallowed goal is even a debate.

Hands on the back so the defender can't jump is a foul, it's quite simple.

I was thinking the same. Findlay has just started the motion to jump and doesn’t have any of his body weight supported by the ground. The slightest push in that situation is going to impede him, never mind a 2 handed push in the back. It’s the sort of goal that you would be raging about if it denies your team a goal but when you calm down and look at it rationally, it’s a foul. 

Its the reason why most nudges on a goal keeper end up in a foul, when they come out and miss a corner. The slightest bit of contact while they are in the air is sending them in a different direction. 

5 hours ago, the west curve said:

No decent Scot would vote Tory . But there again no decent fan would bring politics or religion into a football ground.

You should tell that to all the clubs who have political advertising in their grounds.