Kilmarnock v The Rangers

2 hours ago, Estragon said:

That's a load of rubbish.  Not a handball from McKenzie at the first goal - the foul on Findlay is "seen them given" territory.  Would have been muted complaints had it gone their way, but I can see why the referee awarded it. 

ETA - Ultimately, the debate has focused exclusively on the refereeing performance, and has completely overlooked the fact that Killie were absolutely outstanding in the second half.  We won that game to a far greater extent than they lost it.

That was a handball quite clearly in slomo  but I'm glad the ref missed it. 

What was mckenzie doing though? He looked like he was being attacked by a wasp. 

21 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:
42 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
Always nice to be thought of...but I have no complaint about Wed.  What was impressive was the way that Killie changed their game in the second half (in response to our opening goal) and roasted us for most of the 45 minutes.  A deserved win and it doesn't even stick in my craw to say it.

Is this some sort of Valentines day spoof??

Eh?  I'm hardly showering my bed with paper roses this evening.

Just being honest.  Your Plan A didn't work so you changed it and we didn't respond.  A deserved win.

49 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Eh?  I'm hardly showering my bed with paper roses this evening.

Just being honest.  Your Plan A didn't work so you changed it and we didn't respond.  A deserved win.

You're a rare breed, fair play to you. 

3 hours ago, The Marly said:
18 hours ago, bennett said:
Morelos must have hulk like strength to send that Killie player flying through the air like that, thankfully John Beaton knows his business.

That's a clear foul you thick fucker.

Let me guess, that's what the pundits said....

4 hours ago, The Marly said:
On 13/02/2020 at 16:13, bennett said:
Those Accies fans, can't take them anywhere...

Doubt you'll ever swap Bates for anything. You're a master at it.

You quoted the wrong post Einstein. 

23 hours ago, IggyStooge said:

Just imagine being a grown man(child) and your biggest fear for your unborn child is that a fitba' team may not be the 'most successful...'

Absolute weirdos, man. Obviously already got the indoctrination all planned out.

A couple at my old workplace took their BABY to games at Ibrox "to get him used to it" Of course, that was the old club before liquidation.

6 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Wait, so this guy would be quite happy to see his club die just so he could sit back and watch the same happen to Celtic? f**k me

Well yes.

Surely you've figured out that the only source of fuel for the beast is hatred? Their identity is not 'being us'. It's 'not being them'. 

Because of the co-dependency, when one dies the other will ultimaltely wither, or at least the ideology will if not the football clubs, although I expect there will be a load of geriatrics shaking their fists at shaddows for a while. 

I guess the bigger issue for them is that the ulster protestant unionism thing is in a death spiral. The Brexit farce showed them that the English nationalist/tory cause they've attached themselves to is owned by people who simply don't care about them, are more than happy to throw them under the bus to bolster core voter support. The rest of the world is globalising and becoming more secular as education improves, and poisonous identity politics means little to the upcoming generation. The carpet has been pulled from under them in quite a brutal way, so I expect ever more extreme staunchery from a rapidly dwindling base over the next few generations. When Ireland unites and Scotland becomes independent they have nothing left. 

I remain hopeful that we can eradicate this national embarassment by the time my grandchildren are growing up, but alas there's still too many institutional supports in place such as segregated schools. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese
to / too

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Always nice to be thought of...but I have no complaint about Wed.  What was impressive was the way that Killie changed their game in the second half (in response to our opening goal) and roasted us for most of the 45 minutes.  A deserved win and it doesn't even stick in my craw to say it.

Fair fucks 

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I guess the bigger issue for them is that the ulster protestant unionism thing is in a death spiral. The Brexit farce showed them that the English nationalist/tory cause they've attached themselves to is owned by people who simply don't care about them

Pretty much every Rangers fan on here would agree with you.  I reserve judgement as I'm an unashamed Tory-voting (except for December) Unionist who vaunts not only our delightful Kingdom but the Protestant reformation and the Williamite revolution.

I recognise that I'm a dinosaur and know that these characteristics are not necessary to be a Rangers fan as we're a broad kirk - as exhibited by the P&B Bears.

There's an aspect that you have failed to take in to consideration:  Many people in Scotland would like to be Rangers fans but hate the sectarian baggage that goes with it.  This more than makes up for the number of Ulster Bears.

So a sectarian-free Rangers doing as we've done since 1872 - delighting and improving Scottish football - with an even broader support than we have now?  What's not to like?

33 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I recognise that I'm a dinosaur and know that these characteristics are not necessary to be a Rangers fan as we're a broad kirk - as exhibited by the P&B Bears.

Hmm. In much the same way as P&B is not representative of 'normal' St Johnstone fans, life experience tells me otherwise but I'm willing to accept it in good spirit. 

35 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

There's an aspect that you have failed to take in to consideration:  Many people in Scotland would like to be Rangers fans but hate the sectarian baggage that goes with it.  This more than makes up for the number of Ulster Bears.

Now I find this hard to swallow. As an 'outsider' I really struggle to understand what 'the artist formally known as Rangers' is for, what it represents etc as the club identity is wholly based on religion and politics, c.f. every other club in the county which is based on geography. Except Celtic, obviously.  I'm willing to accept that in the case of the history of Glasgow industry and immigration the two go hand in hand but the club don't exactly market themselves as 'the Govan club', in a way that Partick Thistle might be 'the Maryhill club'. Not a perfect example but you get the idea. 

40 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

a sectarian-free Rangers doing as we've done since 1872 

OK so that's a wind-up and you know it is. Shame, as there were arguments to respond to before that. 

Pretty much every Rangers fan on here would agree with you.  I reserve judgement as I'm an unashamed Tory-voting (except for December) Unionist who vaunts not only our delightful Kingdom but the Protestant reformation and the Williamite revolution.
So a sectarian-free Rangers doing as we've done since 1872 - delighting and improving Scottish football - with an even broader support than we have now?  What's not to like?
Rangers died mate.

Unlucky.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

That's a trope.  A comforting one to a few clubs but a trope nonetheless.

Christ I can't believe I've been hooked on this line, but I blame the booze ..

Are you honestly suggesting that religion and politics are the REAL drivers of club loyalty all over Scotland,  rather than geography? The fact that folk support Dunfermline, Livingston, Stranraer etc is just a mask for sectarian undercurrents? Rip the mask off a Queen of the South season ticket holder and there's a flute-playing, drum-banging, queen-saluting mason? All those Alloa fans are actually alter boys in communion robes? 

I don't think you're very well. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese
Livingston not Livingstone. Although I appreciate that people who were keen on imperial 'white man's burden' types driven by victorian religious fervour may appreciate the latter. Maybe replying to Kinky put me in that mindset.