Kilmarnock v The Rangers

31 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure why the disallowed goal is even a debate.

Hands on the back so the defender can't jump is a foul, it's quite simple.

You clearly just don't understand.

Or something.

:lol: 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure why the disallowed goal is even a debate.

Hands on the back so the defender can't jump is a foul, it's quite simple.

I think it's a soft foul. We'd all be raging if a goal like that was disallowed for our own teams.

That said he was lucky to still be on the park at that point so maybe these things do even themselves out. See Motherwells red card for example.

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I think it's a soft foul. We'd all be raging if a goal like that was disallowed for our own teams.

That said he was lucky to still be on the park at that point so maybe these things do even themselves out. See Motherwells red card for example.

I don't agree tbh, you put both hands on the defenders back as you jump then it's a foul. Nae luck.

1 minute ago, ancientnoise said:

Are fouls now graded by hardness? 

Perhaps in your mind. Luckily the officials are still sticking to more simple, practical measurements:  It "is" or it "isn't" a foul, with nothing in between.

Have you ever played the game of football? Plenty of fouls in every game aren't given because there's not much force or contact used.

If Beaton enforces the rules of the game properly Killie don't get their first goal. Would hardly use the referees performance in that game a successful barometer of what constitutes a foul or not.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

If Beaton enforces the rules of the game properly Killie don't get their first goal.

That's a load of rubbish.  Not a handball from McKenzie at the first goal - the foul on Findlay is "seen them given" territory.  Would have been muted complaints had it gone their way, but I can see why the referee awarded it. 

ETA - Ultimately, the debate has focused exclusively on the refereeing performance, and has completely overlooked the fact that Killie were absolutely outstanding in the second half.  We won that game to a far greater extent than they lost it.

Edited by Estragon

57 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I've seen goals like that disallowed against Livi, and if it's on a keeper then it's def given as a foul, but that's another topic. The way the Killie player went forward highlighted the push, bringing it tor Beaton's attention.

Morelos should've had a 2nd yellow for diving as well, his 2nd dive was just as blatant as the one he got booked for.

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

That's a load of rubbish.  Not a handball from McKenzie at the first goal - the foul on Findlay is "seen them given" territory.  Would have been muted complaints had it gone their way, but I can see why the referee awarded it. 

ETA - Ultimately, the debate has focused exclusively on the refereeing performance, and has completely overlooked the fact that Killie were absolutely outstanding in the second half.  We won that game to a far greater extent than they lost it.

Good post apart from the handball bit. According to the new pathetic rule.

1 hour ago, ancientnoise said:

How often anyone plays football doesn't change the rules of the game. A meaningless jibe.

Glad you're not a referee, the decisions over your "soft" and "hard" would lead to chaos.

To repeat, and defend the proper "is" or"isn't" basis that the ref uses to call it:

The first wasn't a foul. The second was.

No in between. 

The handball rule was changed this season. Any goal scored with an accidental handball in the build up should be be disallowed.

We'll have to agree to disagree regarding the disallowed goal.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Have you ever played the game of football? Plenty of fouls in every game aren't given because there's not much force or contact used.

If Beaton enforces the rules of the game properly Killie don't get their first goal. Would hardly use the referees performance in that game a successful barometer of what constitutes a foul or not.

Ok, but just because Beaton doesn't see the handball, doesn't make it no foul.

On 13/02/2020 at 00:25, AFCDannyFTH said:

@The_Kincardine is taking the loss well 

Always nice to be thought of...but I have no complaint about Wed.  What was impressive was the way that Killie changed their game in the second half (in response to our opening goal) and roasted us for most of the 45 minutes.  A deserved win and it doesn't even stick in my craw to say it.

Always nice to be thought of...but I have no complaint about Wed.  What was impressive was the way that Killie changed their game in the second half (in response to our opening goal) and roasted us for most of the 45 minutes.  A deserved win and it doesn't even stick in my craw to say it.
Is this some sort of Valentines day spoof??