AUFC V GMFC* *Ayr Reserves

Woke up with a bad hangover this morning.

A good bit of rain and fresh air might help before cabin fever sets in.

Phone on standby to buy ticket.

If I read anymore VT might have to get a few askit powders if they still exist!

Get that ground forked and no valentine's day is not likely to be an issue for him.

Edited by Paisley Ton

2 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Woke up with a bad hangover this morning.

A good bit of rain and fresh air might help before cabin fever sets in.

Phone on standby to buy ticket.

If I read anymore VT might have to get a few askit powders if they still exist!

Get that ground forked and no valentine's day is not likely to be an issue for him.

Bobby Madden on route for inspection , at moment touch and go , small small wet patches 

On 10/02/2020 at 21:02, itzdrk said:

No gonna make this, the future Mrs Itzdrk has won hospitality at Tynecastle.  Would be rude not to, glued to my phone for the 90 it is. 

Smart man

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Hopefully we can get this played as soon as possible as March is already quite chocka 

Tuesday is a slight possibility, other than that I believe there are very few dates in March due to us having 2 Friday and 2 Tuesday games in that Month , if rain stays off I think pitch could have been ready it was 50/50 when ref came , unfortunately when he completed inspection it was raining heavy and water was sitting on top as not enough time to drain away , this causing ball not to bounce , in saying that the wind would spoil game anyway so believe decision definitely correct at that time , not much ref can do has to go on what it’s like when he is there  

I'm sure VT is an egronimist of great note and will DEFINITELY know more on this subject than any professional groundsmen who does this day in and day out for a living..........

- Professional football club places protective covers on its pitch - no games called off for a waterlogged pitch in 15 years

- Covers kept off the pitch by ‘professional’ groundsmen - three called off in 12 months

The facts on this matter speak for themselves.

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Ayr losing both Saturday hospitality and The Famous’ blue and white pound because of their tinpot, pub league approach to ground management: you hate to see it happen.

You really are not the full shilling 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

Tuesday is a slight possibility, other than that I believe there are very few dates in March due to us having 2 Friday and 2 Tuesday games in that Month , if rain stays off I think pitch could have been ready it was 50/50 when ref came , unfortunately when he completed inspection it was raining heavy and water was sitting on top as not enough time to drain away , this causing ball not to bounce , in saying that the wind would spoil game anyway so believe decision definitely correct at that time , not much ref can do has to go on what it’s like when he is there  

Tuesday would be ideal but would the pitch be playable given the fact more rain is forecast?

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

- Professional football club places protective covers on its pitch - no games called off for a waterlogged pitch in 15 years

- Covers kept off the pitch by ‘professional’ groundsmen - three called off in 12 months

The facts on this matter speak for themselves.

Pitch was playable at 10.30 , so having covers on would have made zero difference, the rain was pouring down when ref done inspection , he needs to make decision based on current and forecasted weather , not happy but at time that  was correct decision , pitch inspection taking place at another 3 grounds , 1 just called off and a Premiership club is looking 50/50 with 12.30 inspection 

Edited by Robbo63

13 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Tuesday is a slight possibility, other than that I believe there are very few dates in March due to us having 2 Friday and 2 Tuesday games in that Month 

Friday games wont stop them forcing you to play Tuesday. We have been made to go to Inverness the Tuesday we play you on the Friday despite having loads of alternative dates.

Friday games wont stop them forcing you to play Tuesday. We have been made to go to Inverness the Tuesday we play you on the Friday despite having loads of alternative dates.

Aye I’m sure we’re away to Dundee on a Tuesday then down to you lot the following Friday. We’ve already got a packed schedule for March so it’s not ideal this is getting added to it although it’s almost made up by VT getting himself wound up over nothing.