AUFC V GMFC* *Ayr Reserves

1 hour ago, virginton said:

- Professional football club places protective covers on its pitch - no games called off for a waterlogged pitch in 15 years

- Covers kept off the pitch by ‘professional’ groundsmen - three called off in 12 months

The facts on this matter speak for themselves.

Might just have something to do with volume of rain over time ace.  For someone with a poundshop PhD and a B in English you came across as being as thick as shit rather frequently. 

Time for the professionals in white coats to carry you off.

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Do you know when we are likely to get confirmation?

I thought we would have known by now if it was definitely Tuesday , I would think 25th , but still hope it’s Tuesday , believe they would have discussed today possibly awaiting league reply re officials availability , is Madden not on the Europa League rota ? they have games on this week 

Edited by Robbo63

Pitch was playable at 10.30 , so having covers on would have made zero difference, the rain was pouring down when ref done inspection , he needs to make decision based on current and forecasted weather , not happy but at time that  was correct decision , pitch inspection taking place at another 3 grounds , 1 just called off and a Premiership club is looking 50/50 with 12.30 inspection 
Can the covers not have been put on before and after the inspection, and taken off at the last minute (so to speak, as i know it takes time).

It seems weird that we've had games off waterlogged when Somerset was always pretty good for draining over the years.

In saying that, ibrox can't get a game on so what chance have we got?

Is there any grass pitch anywhere remotely west coast ish getting a game on today? Queens Park at Hampden the only one?

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Can the covers not have been put on before and after the inspection, and taken off at the last minute (so to speak, as i know it takes time).

It seems weird that we've had games off waterlogged when Somerset was always pretty good for draining over the years.

In saying that, ibrox can't get a game on so what chance have we got?

Is there any grass pitch anywhere remotely west coast ish getting a game on today? Queens Park at Hampden the only one?

No time to lay and remove covers before inspection today , needed to stay off yesterday to dry the pitch , takes about 4 people over an hour to lay , then ref needs all covers removed for inspection , again nearly an hour , also look at rain since 3 pm it would have been abandoned, which is much more of an inconvenience, the worst of the weather is in West Scotland and I believe Hampden is only grass pitch on in that area 

I'm still all here for the notion that the five metres of pitchside track between the playing surface and the terraces is seemingly capable of draining all of the water from the pitch itself, which has ten times the total area. who know that putting grass onto a pitch suddenly reduced its ability to hold water by so much!

Still, highly embarrassing for a club in Scotland to have to postpone a game held during the course of the worst storm to hit the country in a decade. It's almost unprecedented for games to be called off in winter in Scotland, probably due to the mystic water-evaporation properties of the humble plastic sheet.

37 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Led to believe the preferred date is Tuesday 25th , should find out at start of week 

Thanks Robbo, this Tuesday would have meant me needing a pass three weeknights next week. Which would have been unlikely anyway. The 25th suits me much more... 👍

Maybe not the players though... I make that 8 games in 4 weeks (22nd Feb to 20th March).

Thanks Robbo, this Tuesday would have meant me needing a pass three weeknights next week. Which would have been unlikely anyway. The 25th suits me much more... [emoji106]
Maybe not the players though... I make that 8 games in 4 weeks (22nd Feb to 20th March).
Just as well we didn't send out more on loan. Suspect we might need them at some point.

10 hours ago, virginton said:

- Professional football club places protective covers on its pitch - no games called off for a waterlogged pitch in 15 years

- Covers kept off the pitch by ‘professional’ groundsmen - three called off in 12 months

The facts on this matter speak for themselves.

😄. 😄😄😄

i know you tend to be very selective and only choose to quote those facts that suit whatever windup you’re conducting at the time, but even for you that’s just feckin’ ridiculous.

Pitch was playable at 10.30 , so having covers on would have made zero difference, the rain was pouring down when ref done inspection , he needs to make decision based on current and forecasted weather , not happy but at time that  was correct decision , pitch inspection taking place at another 3 grounds

lol wut

So after all the excuses about how much rain fell in the past two weeks, it turns out that a specific hour of rain at lunchtime today turned your totally playable pitch into a gubbins swamp.

Your claim that Sir Robert Madden based his judgement of the park on future weather forecasts is just nonsense. With the exception of serious, danger to life warnings becoming active later on in the day, there is no scope for a referee to call a game off based on future, forecasted conditions. Your park was quite simply too shite for Sir Robert Madden to allow any game to take place today; these are facts.

IMG_1351.jpg.8c9aa74ee7fe45eb68f2dd5edda15232.jpg