AUFC V GMFC* *Ayr Reserves

So now the cups out the road, back to league action. Feeling optimistic going into this one. The turn of the year has seen us get some good results and now Kerr has his own squad beginning to take shape, I think we’re seeing the benefits. Hoping the goal for Drinan will now open the floodgates. Think there might be a few changes from Saturday, Muirhead obviously dropping out and I would swap Forrest for Tiffoney (feel like something to prove v an old club) and possibly have Malley starting, but i reckon Kerr will keep the midfield the same. McCowan deserves a start after having to come off against St Johnstone. 

Doohan

Houston Bell Roscoe Harvie 

Kelly Kerr Gillespie 

Tiffoney Drinan McCowan

Subs: Hare-Reid, Ecrepont, Docherty, Malley, Forrest, Moffat, McKenzie

Young Paul Smith in for Docherty if he’s still not fit. 

9 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Hoping the goal for Drinan will now open the floodgates.

Literally said just before Drinan scored that his game is more about causing disruption and opening space for everyone around him rather than firing them into the net. 
Quite confident about this one, hope Roscoe seizes the opportunity to get into the team as Muirhead probably needs to sit the next few out. 

Just now, Hawk89 said:

Literally said just before Drinan scored that his game is more about causing disruption and opening space for everyone around him rather than firing them into the net. 
Quite confident about this one, hope Roscoe seizes the opportunity to get into the team as Muirhead probably needs to sit the next few out. 

Yeah agree with you regarding Drinan. Need the likes of Kelly, Forrest and McCowan on song to work in that partnership. That will be the thinking behind the Malley signing, another potential goal threat from midfield. I also think when Moore comes back that he’s an ideal partner for the big man. 

18 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

Will McGuffie get a game?

On the bench for the last two weeks with no game time.

We never really know what Hopkin will do week to week. We have quite a lot of attacking options and he does like to mix it up (too often for my liking) 

I think he will be involved. 

29 minutes ago, madton said:

We never really know what Hopkin will do week to week. We have quite a lot of attacking options and he does like to mix it up (too often for my liking) 

I think he will be involved. 

Starts for McGuffie and Doolan incoming with a goal no doubt. Not sure why it didn't happen to McGuffie at Ayr as there is clearly a solid enough player there. 

No idea what to expect with the Hopkin tombola. Assuming Strapp isn't injured he'll play the same back four (no other options really) and I expect the front three of McHugh, Nesbitt and Cadden to remain. Three in the middle? Not much of an idea. McAllister will start. Got a funny feeling he'll go for Blues and Colville.

The important thing is there is no Henk van Schite there to gift Ayr three goals

No idea what to expect with the Hopkin tombola. Assuming Strapp isn't injured he'll play the same back four (no other options really) and I expect the front three of McHugh, Nesbitt and Cadden to remain. Three in the middle? Not much of an idea. McAllister will start. Got a funny feeling he'll go for Blues and Colville.

The important thing is there is no Henk van Schite there to gift Ayr three goals

You didn’t have him last time and we still scored 3 goals.

We need to win this one really. Morton have picked up recently but to finish second we need to beat the teams down near the bottom of the table. No idea what the situation is regarding Docs fitness and Kerr may feel he should sit this out so I could see Malley potentially start here.

Doohan

Houston
Bell
Roscoe
Harvie

Malley
Gillespie
Kelly

McCowan
Drinan
Forrest

Bench
Hare-Reid, Muirhead, Ecrepont, Kerr, Doc??, Tiffoney, Moffat

Similar to D'jaffo I'd like to see Malley start this one, he's fit as far as I'm aware and he's arrived with a big reputation so definitely no reason why he shouldn't be starting, especially as we're a bit short in Midfield at the moment.

McCowan is also a must as he started very well on Saturday and was a very unfortunate victim of Muirhead's stupidity so he should be right up for this one against his hometown club.

Personally I'd like us to go for the jugular in this one with a more attacking formation than recent weeks and see where it takes us, although forecast conditions may also have a part to play in that one.

Anyway let's just hope for a good game and a few making the journey down from Greenock and ultimately an Ayr win would be nice..........

We've started the year in good form but performances have been a little disappointing in the past two home games. I think we can get a win but we'll have to play a lot better than that muck on Saturday all over the park to get the job done.

30 minutes ago, virginton said:

We've started the year in good form but performances have been a little disappointing in the past two home games. I think we can get a win but we'll have to play a lot better than that muck on Saturday all over the park to get the job done.

Your syntax will also  need to get a lot better if you are  to expunge the memory of that B in English.

The Inverness game when the stewards waded into the stand behind the goal at halftime to permanently segregate one half of the Morton fanbase from the other following rolling tirades/an attempted rammy will never be eclipsed for that. What a club.