2016 Winners -vs- 2015 Winners: Hibernian -vs- Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Never keen on visits to any city based  stadium, parking is always an issue and the pubs nearer the ground are always populated with home fans with away fans not welcome,  we haven't got a great record against Hibs but this will be a tough game and I feel we have a good chance of winning this game however given that we beat the team above them on saturday. 

12 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Anyone got any idea what day this'll be?  

Hibs vs Hearts is on the following Tuesday so neither will play on Sunday. Rangers play in Europe on the Wednesday the 26th, so they won't get the Friday game. So Hearts vs Rangers is on the Saturday. If it can be avoided, the Police will advise that Hibs and Hearts don't play at home at the same time, meaning that the Hibs game will be on Friday night. Due to the 3pm Saturday TV embargo, I'm guessing the other two fixtures will happen on Sunday.

Edited by Aim Here

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Would they not just reschedule the league fixtures, ie the Edinburgh Derby on the Tuesday? 

Maybe, but why would they need to? The Friday kickoff will annoy the Inverness fans, but on the Scottish Professional Football Scheduling Priority list, the ability of away fans to travel to see the game is a decidedly tertiary consideration, with them coming just below 'whether the companies advertising on Premier Sports would like to concoct a pun involving the kickoff time in their slogans' and just above 'whether the third-choice reserve ballboy has a school exam the next day' in the pecking order.

Edited by Aim Here

18 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Maybe, but why would they need to? The Friday kickoff will annoy the Inverness fans, but on the Scottish Professional Football Scheduling Priority list, the ability of away fans to travel to see the game is a decidedly tertiary consideration,

Nobody seems to have mentioned that ICT have a game on both Tuesdays: before and after.

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

Nobody seems to have mentioned that ICT have a game on both Tuesdays: before and after.

That would still point to either a Friday or Saturday kickoff, and Rangers still get the Saturday game, because of their Wednesday kickoff the week before.

21 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Suits the central belt guys like me. Quite fancy Kelty v Bonnyrigg on Sat.

That'll be an interesting tie, both of them keen to make the move to senior in Div2, Brora are running away with the HL but I doubt if they'll be interested in making the move to senior.

27 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

That'll be an interesting tie, both of them keen to make the move to senior in Div2, Brora are running away with the HL but I doubt if they'll be interested in making the move to senior.

(shakes head in a forlorn and disapproving fashion)

tsk tsk tsk

doncha know that BBC pundits get roundly ridiculed for such loose use of language on here.

Me, I'm a junior in all this so I wouldn't know if it is pedantry or not.

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

You reckon Brora aren't keen this time? They'd better throw the tie against Rose/Kelty then, as they'll have a job losing the Brechin double header while looking like they're trying 😂

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

You reckon Brora aren't keen this time? They'd better throw the tie against Rose/Kelty then, as they'll have a job losing the Brechin double header while looking like they're trying 😂

There's been a lot of dissent over travel distances involved should they gain promotion, Annan would be a 600 mile round trip, I've heard the support are split but I suppose the final decision would lie with the board and finances would play a big part.

Edited by SandyCromarty

27 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

There's been a lot of dissent over travel distances involved should they gain promotion, Annan would be a 600 mile round trip, I've heard the support are split but I suppose the final decision would lie with the board and finances would play a big part.

Worth noting that Annan play all their home games on a Tuesday night.