Arbroath vs QOTS

Only saw the GoPro clips which I suspect never show the goalkeeping in the best light. He looks to pull his arm in quick for the first and could maybe have got down quicker for the second. As good as two crosses for me again though. Fucking hopeless.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Does anyone else call Hospitality "Hospo"? Never heard it before.

1 hour ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Up this neck of the woods the answer is yes, have you ever heard of a Mock Chop supper?

Up this neck of the woods, the answer is not, yes, never heard it, never used it

42 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Haven’t seen any footage of the goals but I did wonder at the time if the keeper might have done better. Both awful goals to lose from our point of view.

Would be more worried about the defending, before having a go at the keeper

Would be more worried about the defending, before having a go at the keeper

Yep the defending at both goals is (again) dreadful. Not particularly “having a go” at the keeper as he was left exposed by those in front of him. I am unconvinced by him thus far though but he was far from our poorest player yesterday.

Oddly enough,  despite the number of goals conceded before yesterday, the goalie hasn't had too much to deal with to form a real assessment.  After yesterday though I'm leaning towards Alan Martin levels of (in)competence with crosses and command of his area. 

Next time you’re up (if we’re both in the same league next season [emoji23]) go to a chipper and treat yourself. I’m hungry just thinking about it.
I certainly wouldn't, I'd go to a chippy like a normal person.

50 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Doesn't look great keeping from gopro footage.

Or defending

3 minutes ago, Bluenortherner said:

The two Arbroath fans sitting beside me we’re excited about their club trying to find the funds to go full time next season.

Heard this at the Falkirk game as well, not for me

It would be good for you guys, part time teams tend to go down fairly quickly on a regular basis.
I can't be bothered looking at the official stats but I don't think this is accurate. Alloa seem to have spent more time in this league recently. Dumbarton were in for years and even ourselves spent a good while in Division 1. Being the best PT team has it's benefits. A lot of players would rather play PT and would naturally go for the highest PT side.

We're the smallest FT club and aren't exactly in a better state than Arbroath and Alloa.

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's a no go anyway would never happen.

Concentrate on trying to be the best run part time club.

Like we'll possibly be doing if we don't pull ourselves out of the mire and home attendances continue to drop.

Quote my second response. Nothing from that post has changed regardless of how well they performed against the imposters in QoS jerseys.

This is almost word for word what I thought you’d say, you’d look more credible if you just acknowledged they have quality and you were wrong tbh.

Like we'll possibly be doing if we don't pull ourselves out of the mire and home attendances continue to drop.

I know we've had the benefit of nearly 3k United fans at Gayfield this season but our average gate this season is still around 1.6k. An average gate that high whilst also having to only pay part time wages is a big benefit to us, being part time is also allowing us to keep our best players who could all easily go FT if they wanted too. A solid part time team is the way forward for us.

Not overly sure what kind of advantage full time is at this level anyway, aside from when midweek fixtures are played.

We have looked just as fit and well organised as any team we've come up against this season.

Watched Ian Campbell's interview. Think he's got it spot on.

I know we've had the benefit of nearly 3k United fans at Gayfield this season but our average gate this season is still around 1.6k. An average gate that high whilst also having to only pay part time wages is a big benefit to us, being part time is also allowing us to keep our best players who could all easily go FT if they wanted too. A solid part time team is the way forward for us.

Not overly sure what kind of advantage full time is at this level anyway, aside from when midweek fixtures are played.

We have looked just as fit and well organised as any team we've come up against this season.

Watched Ian Campbell's interview. Think he's got it spot on.
You'll have to go full time if you go up through the play offs!