Arbroath vs QOTS

4 hours ago, Plesslitchie said:

What a win, I sometimes feel like I've been dreaming the last few months.

brilliant set up, brilliant game, shite weather and I do have a soft spot for sir linn and really confused as to Murphy getting on before him as last time he came off from playing dick told him to get to f**k 😂 baffling. Bobby hasn't been on a park for about 4 weeks now 

Get a grip jeezo. 2.0 up why would u bring a forward on. 

To all the AFC fans who were SCREAMING to get the game off = LOL

It was perfectly playable and BOTH teams were agreeable to play it and BOTH Managers were as well and were found to be correc, also the Queens fans i spoke to later said they had no complaints in regards the weather.

The Red Lichties were fantastic EVERY player was superb, well done lads.

Must also state i thought there was more than 801 at the game but still TWICE as much as our Angus neighbours, maybe the local supporters were concerened about the "monsoon" and stayed indoors to watch the wrestling!!

It was perfectly playable and BOTH teams were agreeable to play it and BOTH Managers were as well and were found to be correc, also the Queens fans i spoke to later said they had no complaints in regards the weather.
Must also state i thought there was more than 801 at the game but still TWICE as much as our Angus neighbours, maybe the local supporters were concerened about the "monsoon" and stayed indoors to watch the wrestling!!

Have to agree on the first bit. You just need to wait and see on the day, the chat on here and on social media made it seem a whole lot worse.

It was an absolutely minging day weather wise, very very wet and cold but the wind had no impact on the game at all and that's what matters.

Anyone staying away because of the weather missed a pretty entertaining performance.

Wighton with some absolutely lovely stuff yesterday, still can't believe he managed to miss that chance but it was one of them, think he thought he was off then had too much time to think, still should've buried it.

Some of his play yesterday was absolutely brilliant, the wee flicks and runs he went on. You can see players around him making runs knowing he can pick them out.

Hilson was absolutely superb too, his work rate up was different class and always tries to do something.

Gaston had a couple of really good saves from Dobbie and a good save in the second half when Queens had their 10 minute spell. Back 4 as solid as ever.

3 in midfield up to their usual tricks too really good header from Goldie. Swankie even done well out right in fairness, cracking play for the second anyway.

All in all a really good day.

Well, though a long term. season ticket holder, I myself didn’t bother travelling up due to the weather forecast (and disappointing previous experience). Very sorry to have missed this but delighted that, since it did go ahead, we managed a decent result and it seems performance. Well done to those who did go, especially Queens supporters and other longer-distance Lichties. Ok the gate was way down but presumably the hospitality and the pie sales went ahead.

Despite science advancements it seems weather forecasts are as unreliable as ever especially east coast.

Two-thirds of the season gone, you’d think 3 more wins would probably guarantee at least 8th place - the management’s stated aim.

I notice Johnston’s gone back in with his ‘no disrespect to Arbroath we should be winning games like this’ patter. I stopped listening there.

Pretty sure he's just trolling at this point. Dundee United, Ayr and Morton are the only sides to have managed to take 3 points from Gayfield this season.

Pretty sure he's just trolling at this point. Dundee United, Ayr and Morton are the only sides to have managed to take 3 points from Gayfield this season.

He's so arrogant I doubt he's trolling. I think he genuinely believes he can field any old shite he wants and expects them to win. His line-up was again questionable and yet he has stuck by blaming his players rather than taking at least some of the blame.

Imagine having a go at fans for not wanting to go out in poor weather conditions yesterday.

Once again two  goals conceded by terrible defending from Queens.Credit to Arbroath who thoroughly deserved the win although Gaston who I would take at a drop of a hat at Queen's had three excellent saves but Arbroath had several chances to go Futher ahead.

What I did notice in the tutties neuk speaking to several Arbroath fans plus the owner of the pub was the passion towards the football club and the importance of the football club to the local community.A great friendly bunch of supporters all the best for the rest of the season.

As for Queen's we look like a team on the way down.I didn't want Naismith sacked but don't rate AJ as a manager he has made several mistakes in recent games which have cost us dearly  

2 hours ago, JoseMarooniho said:

I notice Johnston’s gone back in with his ‘no disrespect to Arbroath we should be winning games like this’ patter. I stopped listening there.

Aye, seen that, looks like a man who knows his time may well be up

Aye, seen that, looks like a man who knows his time may well be up
I'll be pleasantly surprised if the BoD have the balls (or the money) to sack him. It won't be cheap as he has a whole year left but as I've already said, the BoD will have to weigh up that cost over the cost of relegation. Because if they don't sack him we're going down.

Johnston admitting the last few results havnt been good enough after yesterday's result. If that's his thought maybe it's the right time for him to leave as he has opted for the same defence that's conceded 10 in 4 and consistently plays players out of position & plays a formation that isolates our best player.... 

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Imagine having a go at fans for not wanting to go out in poor weather conditions yesterday.

I am having a go at the fans who were having a go at the AFC Board and Management for not getting the game called off in the morning, just look back at comments on this page and on the AFC Pussbook page, i am glad they stuck to their guns and waited to the last minute and the game was played and we were brilliant and got a deserved 3 points plus the club made money on a sold out Hospo so superb forward thinking by the club = simples!!

27 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Johnston admitting the last few results havnt been good enough after yesterday's result. If that's his thought maybe it's the right time for him to leave as he has opted for the same defence that's conceded 10 in 4 and consistently plays players out of position & plays a formation that isolates our best player.... 

Only in the last two of the last four games has he started with the same defence, Stewart, Ledger, Devine, Kilday and Holt. Against Dunfermline he had Stewart, Lyon at RB,  Wilson in CD with Devine and Holt at LB.  Against Alloa, Stewart, Mercer started at RB, got injured early and Lyon moved there,  Brownlie in an unforgettable (for the wrong reasons) last appearance partnered Devine at CB with Holt at LB.  

I am having a go at the fans who were having a go at the AFC Board and Management for not getting the game called off in the morning, just look back at comments on this page and on the AFC Pussbook page, i am glad they stuck to their guns and waited to the last minute and the game was played and we were brilliant and got a deserved 3 points plus the club made money on a sold out Hospo so superb forward thinking by the club = simples!!

What's the hospitality capacity? I wonder if it only compensated for the few hundred absent fans.

22 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Does anyone else call Hospitality "Hospo"? Never heard it before.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What's the hospitality capacity? I wonder if it only compensated for the few hundred absent fans.

I am sure you get 90 in the main room then another 30 in another room if required, there is also a 50 capacity building in the main concourse inside the ground if required.