Arbroath vs QOTS

What a win, I sometimes feel like I've been dreaming the last few months.

brilliant set up, brilliant game, shite weather and I do have a soft spot for sir linn and really confused as to Murphy getting on before him as last time he came off from playing dick told him to get to f**k 😂 baffling. Bobby hasn't been on a park for about 4 weeks now 

2 minutes ago, Plesslitchie said:

brilliant set up, brilliant game, shite weather and I do have a soft spot for sir linn and really confused as to Murphy getting on before him as last time he came off from playing dick told him to get to f**k 😂 baffling. Bobby hasn't been on a park for about 4 weeks now 

He got on instead of Bobby, due to the fact he was replacing Whately, so it was a like for like sub

We don't change winning teams often. And circumstances dictate the substitutions. Bobby will have his part to play soon, along with Michael McKenna who has also missed a couple of games now. 2 guys who have been huge for us this year.

Shows how good the January business done by DC was.

We’ve lost the first goal in 10 league games and have taken 1 point out of 30.  And that single point came on 10 August. 

No surprise. Gutless bunch of players. We never looked like we’d come back today which I would imagine is to the surprise of absolutely nobody who has the “pleasure” of watching us on a regular basis.

At lunchtime I expected the game would be postponed  but the wind dropped bit and it was game on. 
Not long ago to put out an Arbroath team without Bobby Linn would have been unthinkable but fair play to the management, they have got the team selection and tactics spot on.  Hopefully the break will have Bobby champing at the bit to get back in the team and he will be back to his best when that happens.
Thought Queens would have put up more of a fight given their league position and that they, quote " Should be coming to places like this and winning", but all in all an easy win for us. Gold and Hilson both took their goals well. Good to see Hilson getting his first goal for the club after great work by Swankie. 
Wouldn't single out a MOM, everyone did their bit, Miko again terrific and what about Ricky Little? The man plays consistently well week after week, seldom had a poor game since coming to the club.
Queens problems are obvious, but I love to see them losing games. I've never forgiven them for coming to Gayfield some years ago, when they were almost thrown out of the league for non payment to their players, with their fans playing the theme from "The Great Escape" on trumpet and drum for the whole game. And they had the nerve to beat us! 

I think you’ll find the great escape was because Hamilton lost points for failing to play a game as their players weren’t being paid. We did beat you with an absolutely shite team so thanks for that.

25 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

At lunchtime I expected the game would be postponed  but the wind dropped bit and it was game on. 

Not long ago to put out an Arbroath team without Bobby Linn would have been unthinkable but fair play to the management, they have got the team selection and tactics spot on.  Hopefully the break will have Bobby champing at the bit to get back in the team and he will be back to his best when that happens.

Thought Queens would have put up more of a fight given their league position and that they, quote " Should be coming to places like this and winning", but all in all an easy win for us. Gold and Hilson both took their goals well. Good to see Hilson getting his first goal for the club after great work by Swankie. 

Wouldn't single out a MOM, everyone did their bit, Miko again terrific and what about Ricky Little? The man plays consistently well week after week, seldom had a poor game since coming to the club.

Queens problems are obvious, but I love to see them losing games. I've never forgiven them for coming to Gayfield some years ago, when they were almost thrown out of the league for non payment to their players, with their fans playing the theme from "The Great Escape" on trumpet and drum for the whole game. And they had the nerve to beat us! 

What's this walloper on about in his final paragraph?

Some misrememdered reference to the Hamilton business in 2000?

We don't change winning teams often. And circumstances dictate the substitutions. Bobby will have his part to play soon, along with Michael McKenna who has also missed a couple of games now. 2 guys who have been huge for us this year.

Shows how good the January business done by DC was.

Absolutely this, we now have good players to bring off the bench whether we’re winning or loosing. The last 2 games we’ve been in winning positions so bobby hasn’t had a sniff but if we’re loosing or drawing bobby is a brilliant player to bring on. That said he will get back in the first team at some point, a front 3 of hilson, wighton and linn will cause teams all sorts of problems

1 hour ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Oops, my mistake, memory failing with old age. 

Apologies to QoS and good luck for the rest of the season.

We'll certainly need it.

We could probably do with Partick or Alloa failing to pay their players, who then fail to fulfil a fixture, prompting a big points penalty.

I do like clutching at straws.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, Plesslitchie said:

It would also be baffling to replace a central midfielder with an out and out winger.

Deserved win today, hardly a failure, Whately covered every blade of grass, disappointed in QoS, a poor side
We are indeed shite but your side has taken as many points from us as we have you. I'd be more disappointed with your own side for failing to get more from that shower.

We are indeed shite but your side has taken as many points from us as we have you. I'd be more disappointed with your own side for failing to get more from that shower.

Just a pity they’ve taken 8 more points than we have against the other teams in the league. Arbroath deserve huge credit for the season they’ve had thus far.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
25 minutes ago, ecto said:
Deserved win today, hardly a failure, Whately covered every blade of grass, disappointed in QoS, a poor side

Tbh, I had thought of that, but I was trying to be polite

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
33 minutes ago, ecto said:

The points we got from Arbroath were with the pre-window team. Admittedly, we were pretty shite then. We're now absolutely shite.

The points we got from Arbroath were with the pre-window team. Admittedly, we were pretty shite then. We're now absolutely shite.

McCrorie looks like a big miss. He was good. I've always liked FeB too.

Also think we have improved since the end of January in a really big way, not just as a team but as a squad.

If you told Arbroath fans we'd win 3 in a row without Bobby Linn playing a single second pre Xmas they would've thought you were insane.