Arbroath vs QOTS

We are still yet to get the better of Queens this season, next Saturday would be a great time to start. I think I would go with the same team that started vs Partick for this match, meaning Swankie dropping out for Donnelly and Wighton moving back out wide. Was tempted to bring Bobby back in, but Hilson and Wighton played well out wide vs Partick and I think in a game where we’d like to be on the front foot LD is a good option up front. If we could get a win here it’d be absolutely massive, would also be nice to avenge our complete non-performance at the away match in December.

48 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Take any kind of victory. We've not been great against QOTS and Dobbie gives me the fear...

But for some reason I fancy us.

No even arsed about the team as long as Swankie isn't wide right again.

Queens are all over the place just now  conceding easy goals 3 key players have left in Jan 

Arbroath have added real quality to the squad in Jan I expect a home win Arbroath will definitely score  Queens will once again struggle to stay in the Championship 

Queens are all over the place just now  conceding easy goals 3 key players have left in Jan 
Arbroath have added real quality to the squad in Jan I expect a home win Arbroath will definitely score  Queens will once again struggle to stay in the Championship 

Craig Wighton and Dale Hilson described as "real quality".

7ef4e-mourinho_3409726b.jpeg

Craig Wighton and Dale Hilson described as "real quality".

7ef4e-mourinho_3409726b.jpeg.98c32652bb4d91d5526aa654bafaa738.jpeg

This is the Scottish Championship and an Arbroath v QOTS fixture.

There's levels to this game. It's all relevant.

Obviously Dobbie is the standout player, but who is there after that? Gary Oliver? Michael Paton? Jack Hamilton? [emoji23]

Was Hilson not a good player for QOTS? Seem to remember you having a very good team around that time.

50 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Obviously Dobbie is the standout player, but who is there after that? Gary Oliver? Michael Paton? Jack Hamilton? emoji23.png

Was Hilson not a good player for QOTS? Seem to remember you having a very good team around that time.

Unfortunately injuries blighted Hilson's time at Queens but I personally thought he was a very decent player when available.  Second to Dobbie he was imo the best player with the ball at his feet taking men on and had a decent turn of pace.  His injury problems seem to be less now and he'll  be a threat,  but with our defence most opposition strikers are a threat. 

If Oliver starts ahead of Hamilton again I will be most annoyed.  

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs
Spelling

Obviously Dobbie is the standout player, but who is there after that? Gary Oliver? Michael Paton? Jack Hamilton? [emoji23]

Who Queens have is irrelevant. Wighton and Hilson are decent players but a player who couldn't get in to a god awful Hearts side and a player who's played most of his career at Forfar Athletic don't really fit the criteria of "real quality" for me.

I’d bring Murray back in (if fit) for this game. Was our MOTM in August at Gayfield, and scored in December at Palmy. Petra surely has to play, as does Hamilton, and of course Dobbie. Ledger and Kilday at CB, Lyon RB and Wilson and Pybus in the middle.

Murray the boy who played on the wing? Number 7?

9 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Murray the boy who played on the wing? Number 7?

That's him. He can look a bit disinterested at times but has the ability to have an impact if only he had the confidence or belief that he could actually do it. Has a good dead-ball delivery and should maybe be on more free-kicks but Dobbie usually takes them. 

That's him. He can look a bit disinterested at times but has the ability to have an impact if only he had the confidence or belief that he could actually do it. Has a good dead-ball delivery and should maybe be on more free-kicks but Dobbie usually takes them. 

He was superb at Palmerston, him and El Bak ripped us apart.

Said it before countless times but I feel a bit sorry for Murray at times. I really don't think he's a wide player. He's far more effective through the middle. We don't have many (if any) natural wide players so he's put out there.

Hopefully he's available as well as Mercer. Hoping for at least a point here. We should be going to places like Arbroath and winning though...

2 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

I’d bring Murray back in (if fit) for this game. Was our MOTM in August at Gayfield, and scored in December at Palmy. Petra surely has to play, as does Hamilton, and of course Dobbie. Ledger and Kilday at CB, Lyon RB and Wilson and Pybus in the middle.

He didn't score in December. Pybus and an Own Goal.

Said it before countless times but I feel a bit sorry for Murray at times. I really don't think he's a wide player. He's far more effective through the middle. We don't have many (if any) natural wide players so he's put out there.

Hopefully he's available as well as Mercer. Hoping for at least a point here. We should be going to places like Arbroath and winning though...

Poor fishing attempt Mr Johnston.