Thistle v Rovers

Hank Scorpio

3 hours ago, Enigma said:

No doubt promotion is more important and I’d have taken that hypothetical swap too but I’ll be celebrating like a madman if we win this cup. You can see yourself last night how much this means to the players, the lads all want a medal. This win should give us a massive lift and will hopefully spur us on in the league. It should give us confidence we can do it in the bigger games coming up, especially the midweek Falkirk game. As for the cup being a diddy tournament, well I don’t know what League One is if not also a diddy tournament. The diddy double is ON!

The treble is still on.

17 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Our successes have come on the cusp of a different era, we were the last Scottish team to progress to the UEFA Cup by winning the League Cup, we won the Challenge Cup just before the introduction of Colts and International sides.

[I am an idiot]

Edited by Ad Lib

10 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Erm... it was the Cup Winners’ Cup not the UEFA Cup.

6 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

It was the UEFA Cup. The Cup Winners Cup was for the team that won the Scottish Cup

This is not awkward in the least, no Sir, not at all.

Thoroughly enjoyed last night. Great day out, brilliant atmosphere for the 90 minutes, Regan’s goal was beautiful, and well worth the win all round. 

I fucking love John McGlynn. Put together a team that’s great to watch and properly puts in everything. Everything you want to see from the stands.  

Special mention to Big Bene for another immense performance. Delighted he scored as well. He’s been a proper captain and leader over the last few months. 

Oh no no no...

Well, nothing much more to add than what’s already been said.
Great night, great win, great team performance. Bene was my motm, but no argument with Regan. Both surely in the team of the week.
And I still haven’t recovered - hoor of a hangover!

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:
Just wanted to close off by thanking Thistles youth set up for releasing Dylan Tait

What's the story here?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dylan-tait/profil/spieler/647281

What a(nother) dismal showing from Thistle last night. The second Raith goal is as poorly defended as I’ve ever seen. The first not being much better.

Raith looked decent enough middle to front, but their defence didn’t look comfortable at all. Just as well they were barely tested. I feel sorry for Brian Graham who is fed scraps, and is forced to drop deep, and run channels, when that isn’t his game at all.

We have a team of utter shitebags who are not even remotely up for this relegation scrap, and will be relegated with games to spare. Lee O’Connor will never get near the Celtic team in his wildest dreams. O’Ware and Saunders were piss poor all game (still baffled as to how Archibald can’t teach them how to defend in training every week), and that was probably Bannigan’s worst game in a Thistle top - I’ve never seen him give the ball away as frequently and easily as that. Would’ve been some laugh if Mitch Austin equalised when he hit the bar/post, but him not squaring it when he had the second chance just summed it all up. Didn’t realise Gordon was on the park until about an hour into the game when he put a shot straight at the keeper.

Hopefully now people will see that McCall isn’t the messiah that he’s been made out to be. He was well-backed in January and I’m still content with him being the manager, but since the “new manager bounce” has gone, the performances have been as bad, if not occasionally worse than under Caldwell. His loyalty to the likes of O’Ware is questionable, and there are still glaring deficiencies in the team which he hasn’t addressed.