Thistle v Rovers

Hank Scorpio

Good, open game, but Cardle has had the beating of Dave McKay every time he's gone up against him. Not going to keep on getting away with that.

McKay was much improved second half. Made some really vital interceptions and relieved the pressure a couple of times. Absolute stick on that Cardle would get us at least once.

You know what, though? I bloody love John McGlynn. He's made following Raith Rovers fun again. He builds teams that you just want to watch. And not just the ball players like Hendry, he just seems to squeeze passion out of everyone.

And while it sounds like the Young Team (to use a loose, catch-all term) might've had a couple of incidents again tonight, a huge amount of credit has to go to them too. The decision to take the bottom of the stand was a great one, and the pit at the end looked and sounded quality.

On 13/02/2020 at 15:19, Fuctifano said:

If you think that's disorganised, wait until you see us try and defend set pieces. 

Yep. 

We are absolutely toast. No chance of 8th or higher and whatever 2 of Raith / Airdrie / Falkirk don't win the league will hump us if we somehow scab 9th. 

Urrgh just really grim. That was my only third game this season but its really just no fun going to Firhill these days. When fans start squabbling in the stand it's generally a sign of a downed ship. The most entertainment I got tonight was watching some wee guy in front of me attempt to get his valentines hole via some lass on Snapchat. Ps yes im a nosey f**k.

Maybe I'm delusional but I don't think Rovers were particularly great. But our defence is honking and in attack we'd always make the wrong pass or if did make the right one it'd be too heavy. Be a different story if that shot at the end didn't bounce off the post and instead went in but it bloody didn't. Fair play to the young team Rovers brought through who had a good bounce and actually created some atmosphere.

Thought it was an even first 10/15 when we probably had the majority of the chances but never tested Fox.

The remainder of the half was all Thistle and very nervy for us, however, probably the first goal I’ve seen from a header in what feels like ages.

The second half was the complete opposite as I felt we controlled large portions and played some good football on a poor surface with Thistle not getting to close to us. Hendry’s goal was a touch of class and so was the celebration! The last ten were incredibly shaky and when the goal went in I was convinced they’d come back.

Great effort from the whole team with a special mention to Benedictus who was absolutely brilliant and brought back the best of his form we’ve seen from him. Buzzing for the final now, only thing left to see if the opposition.

That's a fantastic finish from Hendry for the second, really good goal. 
Fair play to the Raith fans for enjoying themselves, must've been absolutely wasted. Just can't imagine myself ever getting passionate over this competition. 
Only because you boys have never won it [emoji6]

Didn't even bother turning up when we got to the final, Dunfermline as a club have plumbed some depths, but thankfully we've never taken this competition seriously. 

You didn’t take the Scottish Cup last season very seriously either...

A final is a final. Doesnt have the same prestige as league or Scottish cup final but hard not to celebrate when you see how much it means to the players. The young team with the pitch invasion was a bit much tho.

2 minutes ago, P.C said:

A final is a final. Doesnt have the same prestige as league or Scottish cup final but hard not to celebrate when you see how much it means to the players.

Exactly. I get not wanting to necessarily play for the Biscuit Cup (trust me, I wish we didn't have to), but why wouldn't you want your team to win every competition it enters?

Edited by RossBFaeDundee