Thistle v Rovers

Hank Scorpio

Doubt there’ll be a large away support for this 19:45 K/O makes public transport near impossible to get home after the game. So only options are drive, supporters bus or stay in Glasgow. Think most will just watch it on Alba. Had it been Sat or Sun would have been a good away support for the day out. Shit kick off time.

Not sure if I’ll bother, what’s parking like at the stadium?

22 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Decent enough numbers. Seems mad that we've got you in the Colin Weir stand, though. Usually they only bother opening it for projected away supports of 1000+. Either Raith have told us to expect far more than that, or we've assumed that a semi-final will bring out a far larger than normal home support - which it won't.

According to the Partick site they generally put 500+ supports in the Colin Weir Stand & less than that in part of the Jackie Husband Stand - https://ptfc.co.uk/tickets-matchday/stadium-plan/

With how ticket sales have went that does tie in.

38 minutes ago, liam_barnett said:

According to the Partick site they generally put 500+ supports in the Colin Weir Stand & less than that in part of the Jackie Husband Stand - https://ptfc.co.uk/tickets-matchday/stadium-plan/

With how ticket sales have went that does tie in.

That message is a bit outdated. It definitely was the rule for a while, but in the past year there have been plenty 500+ away supports in the JH, including Penicuik when they brought over 1000.

I think we've only opened the CW for Dundee United in the league this season.

11 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Are there still tickets on sale or a cash gate at the ground? I’m assuming we’ve not capped it at 500

Away Support

Raith Rovers supporters will be accommodated in the Colin Weir Stand with Raith receiving an initial batch of tickets for pre-sale.

There will be cash gates available on the night for away supporters.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-fixture/partick-thistle-v-raith-rovers-14th-february-2020/

17 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Friday will be the latest addition to our catalogue of live tv embarrassments. Absolutely nothing appealing about this fixture whatsoever.

I quite like the fact it gives us a break from hurtling towards relegation.

The only thing I’ve really got positively for this game is that with it not being a league game there probably isn’t as much pressure on our players, though the same obviously applies to Raith.

Don’t really buy into it being a big game as a semi final, outside the final we were in I think I’d struggle to name more than 5 finals of the competition (Raith beating Rangers would be one tbf), and not a single semi final, it’s 99% that no-one will remember this come August.

Rovers are effectively one rung below us on the ladder, the odds for this game seem a bit off. You can get Raith +0.5 AH (effectively Raith win or a draw in the 90 minutes) for just under evens. Maybe our pitch going back to being a ploughed field will be a bit of a leveller in our favour.

3 of our 6 televised wins ever have been in the Challenge Cup – including one vs Raith in 2012-13 so it’s nowhere near as dismal as our record on TV in league games.

23 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We’ve been moved stand. Rendering the purchase of allocated tickets utterly pointless. Solid organisation from Thistle, here.

You were never going to need allocated seating anyway, no matter what stand you were in. The standard away sections in both stands offer plenty of space for this fixture (in the case of the CW, at least double the required seats).

But yeah, anyone could have easily predicted the Colin Weir stand wasn’t going to be needed here. A stupid decision.

Edited by Nightmare

I hope this doesn't scupper the Young Team's plans. They'd obviously put a bit of effort into being organised, and I was looking forward to seeing the result.

Me, too. I ended up with a ticket in that section without actually asking for one, so was fair looking forward to it. Hopefully everyone who wants to be involved can just congregate in the one area and they can crack on.