Thistle v Rovers

Hank Scorpio

Be interesting how many people travel when it's on TV ,& the BBC are also showing another match in competition with itself-love those monopolies. I'll also be there but let's have it on a

Tues night next time and the same for the other rounds. Attention SFA most of your members can't afford to lose money to succeed or not  in minor cup tournaments.

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I'm not. Rovers should probably be favourites for this.

As far as I can see Zanatta, Barjonas, Brownlie, and Mayo are all definitely cup tied (O'Connor isn't), Rudden will still be out as well. 

Thank goodness zanatta & Barjonas are cup tied that will help the jags

Buzzing for this, was going to get the train but opted for the supporters bus so I can see the full game without worry about having to leave early to catch a train back to Kdy.
Never been to Firhill either, so I’ll get it ticked off.
I think despite it being on tv we’ll still take good numbers, Thursday it was announced 275 tickets had sold, not bad after 2 days and there’ll be cash turnstiles, so I’d hazard a guess of 500 odd possibly, enough to make a good noise anyway.
I know McGlynn is the almighty, however I’d like to see us go back to a back 3/5 with the wing backs, oppose to the back 4.

. Thomson
. Davo McKay Bene
Miller. MacDonald
Matthews Hendry Spencer
. Bowie
. MacLean

Tait has been excellent, so possibly keep him in for Spencer.
Or play Baird & MacLean both up top and drop Bowie.

Either way, I am buzzing! COYR

On 09/02/2020 at 21:28, WSDR 88 said:

Buzzing for this, was going to get the train but opted for the supporters bus so I can see the full game without worry about having to leave early to catch a train back to Kdy.
Never been to Firhill either, so I’ll get it ticked off.
I think despite it being on tv we’ll still take good numbers, Thursday it was announced 275 tickets had sold, not bad after 2 days and there’ll be cash turnstiles, so I’d hazard a guess of 500 odd possibly, enough to make a good noise anyway.
I know McGlynn is the almighty, however I’d like to see us go back to a back 3/5 with the wing backs, oppose to the back 4.

. Thomson
. Davo McKay Bene
Miller. MacDonald
Matthews Hendry Spencer
. Bowie
. MacLean

Tait has been excellent, so possibly keep him in for Spencer.
Or play Baird & MacLean both up top and drop Bowie.

Either way, I am buzzing! COYR

I like that team. I think Spencer deserves a shot - it is important to rotate a touch and keep players on side and sharp. For the same reasons I wouldn't mind seeing a fair deal of Armstrong too - although that might need a different formation. 

I'd give Bowie a rest. He is still a very young laddie and will naturally get burnt out quick that the other players. Far more important he is firing for Clyde the following week and the run in. 

Really buzzing for this. Ticket sales and Friday night football mean that it should be noisy in the away end. Hopefully we get an early goal to really spark it. 

Also my first game in 3 weeks so desperate for some live football. Pub at 2pm, watching the Rovers, pub after - if Carlsberg did Friday nights...

Barjonas and Zanatta might be unavailable but there's still Cardle and Graham there on the ex player front. Graham must be a near certainty to score. 

Don’t worry. John Baird scoring is a certainty.

23 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Ticket sales were at 325 on Friday night.  Should easily be 500+

Decent enough numbers. Seems mad that we've got you in the Colin Weir stand, though. Usually they only bother opening it for projected away supports of 1000+. Either Raith have told us to expect far more than that, or we've assumed that a semi-final will bring out a far larger than normal home support - which it won't.

22 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

Raith TV ....broadcast in real time? Could use the commentary and turn down the volume if so.....please let it be...

There is usually never perfect alignment between any TV and radio/internet streams. If the TV is ahead and you have a pause live tv option, you are sorted. If the Raith TV comm is ahead, you’re fucked!