Killing Hitler pt 2 - A P&B choose-your-own-adventure

What will you do?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What will you do?

• Leave work to look for Donovan
    • Nah, f**k that daft c*nt m8. He's on his own.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/02/20 at 13:00

Last time out, P&B decided to tell Donovan to GTF and go back to sleep. Catch up here:

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/263984-killing-hitler-part-1-a-pb-choose-your-own-adventure/#comments

Let's begin part 2!

You have no time for Donovan's crazy ideas. Especially at 3AM on a workday.
"Donovan, I'm not really interested in your tumble dryer..." you begin to protest.
"But this is the biggest discovery of all time!" Donovan implores with bloodshot stoners eyes.
"Imagine the possibilities! We can change history!"

"Not at three in the morning" you open your front door and hope your cousin takes the hint.
"Listen, Donovan. I'll pop round after work tomorrow, right?" you lied. "Just go home and sleep. And lay off the joints!"
Donovan looked visibly disappointed.
"You believe me, don't you? It really works!" he cried.
"Good night Donovan!" you close the door on him and lock it for good measure.

You sigh. What a waste of a mind your cousin is. He was top of all of his classes at school and looked set for a bright future - then he fell in love with Mary Jane and that was it.

You climb back up the stairs through the dark and make your way back to bed.
You struggle to settle again, as you are really annoyed that Donovan would wake you up at this time with such nonsense. 
You decide that you will actually pop round tomorrow - mainly to warn him to never do that again. 

You eventually drift off to sleep, until woken by the buzz of your alarm clock. You hit snooze, in a last ditch attempt to reclaim the precious time wasted by Donovan and his tumble dryer.

After two snoozes you get up. You can hear the wind howling outside as you go downstairs to make yourself coffee and toast. Another miserable February day is beginning.
"Maybe Vienna will have better weather" you think to yourself and chuckle. Maybe time travel wasn't such a bad idea after all?

You shower, dress and head to work. Nothing unusual happens during the morning, and you manage to distract yourself from thoughts of tumble dryers.

Until you check your phone on your lunch break.

SIX missed calls. From Auntie Jane. Donovan's mother.

You call her back. She answers on the second ring.

"Hi Auntie Jane! Sorry I missed your calls, I'm at w-"
She interrupts you, the concern of a mother in her voice.
"Have you seen Donny?"
"Not since..." you hesitate.
"HAVE YOU SEEN HIM? HEARD FROM HIM?" she's beginning to sound hysterical.
"He turned up at mine at 3 this morning talking nonsense, I sent him on his way".
"I've been round to his flat to make sure the cat is fed, and he's not there. And he's not answering his phone!"
You try to reassure her. "But you know what he's like, Auntie Jane. He'll be stoned in someone's house. Or sleeping."
"I hope you're right. Well, let me know if you see him."
"I will. Talk to you later Auntie Jane." 

She hangs up. You consider asking to leave work early because Donovan is missing. Your manager is sound so it shouldn't be a problem.

What will you do?

20 minutes ago, The Gypsy King said:

"Donovan, I'm not really interested in your tumble dryer..." you begin to protest.
"But this is the biggest discovery of all time!" Donovan implores with bloodshot stoners eyes.
"Imagine the possibilities! We can change history!"

giphy.gif.aecb61a843a0c0ebc4e20d758c0fcea8.gif

So Auntie Jane has wigged out because her son hasn't been seen in nine hours?

This is the side of the family that doesn't get invited to gatherings, isn't it?

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I reckon Donnie went back to kill young Hitler but got distracted by the legal coke and opium and will end giving hand jobs to brown shirts for phennigs.

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

Donnie is @Sergeant Wilson?!

There was a war on! We did what we had to.

I'm loving P&B's masterly inactivity in this storyline. It's like we've all skipped ahead to the endings and realised every active choice ends with our character shagging Hitler.