The big derby under the lights

Guest Nocknosh1988

1 hour ago, Boswelldriver said:
1 hour ago, EricCJ said:
No. Not since the hub opened. Any teams that have already booked are cancelled when a FC game is announced or wherever possible offered another slot. Such as for this weeks game.

So how would it work if lugar were to apply

Lugar are playing on it this Saturday 

Police. They don't have the manpower for Killie V Rangers and Talbot V Cumnock on the same night

Bang on my friend, quite sure that info was reasonably readily available as to why game was a Tuesday ,however , Boswelldriver probably is a bit suspect in the reading department

Great news, I’m not invited into Boswell’ new friendship club - living the dream

Working in Kilmarnock at moment, well having a well earned coffee break, and looking outside it’s looking promising.

Absolutely Baltic, but scarcely any snow lying to speak of.

Is there any indication of when a decision will be made as to whether game’s going ahead?

4 minutes ago, murphy1970 said:

Working in Kilmarnock at moment, well having a well earned coffee break, and looking outside it’s looking promising.

Absolutely Baltic, but scarcely any snow lying to speak of.

Is there any indication of when a decision will be made as to whether game’s going ahead?

Kilmarnock and anything the far side of Mauchline are two completely different worlds.

I couldnt agree more.

I dont watch alot of junior football at all so I wouldnt claim to know more than the good people on this forum, but I watch amateur football every week and know alot of people in the Amateur game.

Townhead may not be owned by the Juniors but atleast they are doing the next best thing, being part of a COMMUNITY.

Yeah Beachwood may be owned by the Talbot and the junior have a great backing in Auckinleck. As far as I can see there is not much care for grassroots below that. The Amateurs were never given any Community backing whatsoever. Nose turned up at them when they dare asked to use the excellent beachwood facilities, but bend over backwards to accommodate the amatuer Ayrshire cup semi finals and finals.

So yeah being the best team in the country is brilliant and having the facilities Talbot have is commendable but not everyone is as lucky. So being part of one of the best community set ups in the region isnt too bad either IMO ofcourse.

Am I missing something here- a lot of people on here having a go at Cumnock/ the facilities/ playing surface etc etc , most of whom are of a talbot persuasion I may add, have clearly stated the Plastic is Not Fantastic and that Cumnock don’t own our ground

Therefore it would appear the owning your ground is a major factor in being a “big” club - a bit like Rob Roy, Baillieston etc etc, who managed to get into a situation where selling there park was seen as a step forward when all it was was a step towards potential oblivion
I’m sure if you offered the Rob Roy fans a set up like Townhead Park, they would bite your hand off and if Baillieston fans could come back into a community facility like Cumnock they would be happy that their team was back in the game

If the plastic pitch is not to your liking and the fact it is a “Community Facility” is beneath them, why comment on it
If something doesn’t bother me, I tend to ignore it, but, some seem to like to take any opportunity to have a pop——- you would think they are trying to convince themselves that it doesn’t matter

Should Cumnock have soldiered in trying to keep a team on the pitch or do what they did and get a facility to be proud of while keeping the club alive

10 hours ago, Boswelldriver said:

Talbot have given more back to the community that you will understand.

Cumnock are the victim of their own doing. I.e poor advertising of their brand and poor performances on field.

Sold their park and are now part of the community hub.

Are you being serious? Poor advertising of their brand?