The big derby under the lights

Guest Nocknosh1988

Weather permitting its a busy week at Townhead with Cumnock playing on Tuesday, Ayr Under 18s v Rangers on Friday and Cumnock Amateurs on Saturday. First class community facility and regularly commended for set-up and inclusive opportunities for the community. Long may it continue.

Weather permitting its a busy week at Townhead with Cumnock playing on Tuesday, Ayr Under 18s v Rangers on Friday and Cumnock Amateurs on Saturday. First class community facility and regularly commended for set-up and inclusive opportunities for the community. Long may it continue.
Ahh!!! So more like a Community Residence Association Property or CRAP for short.

A nice way of saying it's no our park lol

8 hours ago, Nock10 said:

Kello v East Kilbride and Lugar v Thorniewood are also on Saturday

A nice way of saying it's no our park lol

Who gives a f**k who’s park it is? It’s the community’s park and with the work that’s went on there the past 2 or 3 year has been incredible. We’ve got facilities that a lot of junior teams would bite your hand off for and it’s great to see so many local teams and the likes of rangers and Celtic down using the park. I know a lot of people are not keen on the 4g but like it or not I think we’ll find more and more lower league teams will switch to it in the years to come.

Am I missing something here- a lot of people on here having a go at Cumnock/ the facilities/ playing surface etc etc , most of whom are of a talbot persuasion I may add, have clearly stated the Plastic is Not Fantastic and that Cumnock don’t own our ground

Therefore it would appear the owning your ground is a major factor in being a “big” club - a bit like Rob Roy, Baillieston etc etc, who managed to get into a situation where selling there park was seen as a step forward when all it was was a step towards potential oblivion
I’m sure if you offered the Rob Roy fans a set up like Townhead Park, they would bite your hand off and if Baillieston fans could come back into a community facility like Cumnock they would be happy that their team was back in the game

If the plastic pitch is not to your liking and the fact it is a “Community Facility” is beneath them, why comment on it
If something doesn’t bother me, I tend to ignore it, but, some seem to like to take any opportunity to have a pop——- you would think they are trying to convince themselves that it doesn’t matter

Should Cumnock have soldiered in trying to keep a team on the pitch or do what they did and get a facility to be proud of while keeping the club alive

1 minute ago, Bul2 said:

Am I missing something here- a lot of people on here having a go at Cumnock/ the facilities/ playing surface etc etc , most of whom are of a talbot persuasion I may add, have clearly stated the Plastic is Not Fantastic and that Cumnock don’t own our ground

Therefore it would appear the owning your ground is a major factor in being a “big” club - a bit like Rob Roy, Baillieston etc etc, who managed to get into a situation where selling there park was seen as a step forward when all it was was a step towards potential oblivion
I’m sure if you offered the Rob Roy fans a set up like Townhead Park, they would bite your hand off and if Baillieston fans could come back into a community facility like Cumnock they would be happy that their team was back in the game

If the plastic pitch is not to your liking and the fact it is a “Community Facility” is beneath them, why comment on it
If something doesn’t bother me, I tend to ignore it, but, some seem to like to take any opportunity to have a pop——- you would think they are trying to convince themselves that it doesn’t matter

Should Cumnock have soldiered in trying to keep a team on the pitch or do what they did and get a facility to be proud of while keeping the club alive

Which Cumnock team are you referring to? There are loads of them play at Townhead now.

Massive respect for the good people at Cumnock, the best of the East Ayrshire grounds in terms of a friendly welcome and a nice tidy ground that when you get passionate fans in generates a good atmosphere. Love the covered terracing.
Im sure they’ll get their sfa licence in the next while to compliment their community work, football grounds should be a community asset and nock should take pride in the fact theirs is so good. Cumnock have obviously invested in the longevity of their club and that’s to be commended, well done to all involved.

40 minutes ago, Bul2 said:

They have to pay to watch their team play on the surface and are entitled to say what they think of it. 

Who gives a f**k who’s park it is? It’s the community’s park and with the work that’s went on there the past 2 or 3 year has been incredible. We’ve got facilities that a lot of junior teams would bite your hand off for and it’s great to see so many local teams and the likes of rangers and Celtic down using the park. I know a lot of people are not keen on the 4g but like it or not I think we’ll find more and more lower league teams will switch to it in the years to come.
Haha [emoji23][emoji23]

8 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Massive respect for the good people at Cumnock, the best of the East Ayrshire grounds in terms of a friendly welcome and a nice tidy ground that when you get passionate fans in generates a good atmosphere. Love the covered terracing.
Im sure they’ll get their sfa licence in the next while to compliment their community work, football grounds should be a community asset and nock should take pride in the fact theirs is so good. Cumnock have obviously invested in the longevity of their club and that’s to be commended, well done to all involved.

We'll said. Always get a nice welcome at Cumnock and it is a great facility at Townhead. Whilst Beechwood is a great facility as well, the welcome is far more hostile for visiting fans with Talbot's 'entitled' supporters screaming for anything and everything, no matter how ridiculous the perceived indescretion is ....