Saints v Motherwell, Wednesday 12th February 2020

Can we bottle Booth and Wotherspoon and sell it for product? Dat left hand side is Stanic and Sheerin-esque. 

so chuffed for Chris Kane. He puts up with so much shit from our support and you saw how much that goal meant to him. Hendry too showing just how good a player he is - he gave two but solid defenders kittens for the whole time he was on. 

Zander Clark should be paying the other defenders their clean sheet bonus. Ludicrous goal to concede from absolutely nothing. 

Edit: Butcher looks like a proper baller too. Hopefully he’s more Ali McCann than Sean Goss but that was a really encouraging performance from him. 

Edited by Kyle

Poor first half with the teams cancelling each other out. Motherwell better on the ball.

Second half once again we came out and dominated. Thats every home game since the break we've done that; Morton, Kilmarnock, Hearts, (Celtic!) and Motherwell. You could include Ross County at the end of December as well.

Its like Tommy is setting up the team to be in the game at HT, then make the adjustments and we impose ourselves on the opposition most of the second half.

Hendry looks to be the part in the lone striker role. He plays with a swagger and never gives the centre backs a moments peace.  He challenges well in the air, holds the ball up and will make runs in behind. Also loves to have a shot.  Doesn't give a f**k if he puts opponents on their arse and happy to square upto any big numpty.  I really like his style.

Mixed game from Kerr. Brilliant tackle in the build upto the Well goal, some horrendous fucking about on the ball trying to take onto many men that nearly cost us, a great header that hit the post, and I think it was his superb run and assist for the winner?

Butcher had some sublime passing when he came on. 

Brilliant for Chris Kane, great strikers finish.  

Would like to see Drey Wright start to deliver some decent balls in for all his great play.

A win in Dingwall and we're safe.

Saints deserved the points but we shouldn’t have lost them at that stage of the game.  Wasn’t sure about Manzinga’s first yellow, I thought he fell down, impeded the player so no issues with the free kick but thought the yellow was soft.  He then went between two players and threw himself to the ground so had to go.

Edited by ropy

Completely merited that, however late the winner came. Motherwell actually started alright but their game plan of pass it about at the back then launch it was soon sussed out. Always nice to beat (not literally) Stephen Robinson as well. 

Saints were good again. Pleased to see how well Hendry did on his own, a real improvement on what we've seen before in that situation. Midfield three has a good balance, Wotherspoon has really come onto a game and Wright is lively, although still leaves us begging for some end product.

Booth has a really good understanding with Wotherspoon, McCart went about his business quietly and even Ralston had a decent game. Kerr was guilty of overplaying a few times but defended well and played a real captain's role in the winner, like Jim Weir of old with that marauding run. 

I've long had issues with the goalkeeper, so not much to add on that front.

Tommy Wright. King of Perthshire. 

JS36871845.jpg.ac864c2e43ed9281753dfbb956f8eddf.jpg

Add that I thought Butcher looked decent but made that mistake before of being too early to judge guys. Positive first proper impression though, which is important. 

As others have said (and as someone who liked him) has the Motherwell number 8 eaten Tony Watt? 

Motherwell did "play it out from the back" but only to the extent of working Hartley or Gallagher an opening to hump it long. 

I have no problem with teams doing that, only managers who try and deny it and criticise the approach of the opposition.