Celtic v Hearts Wednesday 12th Feb

Can see why the bookies love me with my "scrappy game, goal or two for Celtic prediction". 

First half was pretty evenly matched for the most part I thought, mistake leaving it on a plate for Ntcham.  Second half, we really showed up. Smashing performance.  Five goals, five different goalscorers, not bad going. 

I know that everyone says this but that Hearts goalkeeper is fucking abysmal, seen Michael Stewart alluding on Twitter earlier that they could have brought Craig Gordon in before January window closed but Stendel didn't fancy him and preferred to stick with Joel Perrera.

While, realistically Hearts fans probably didn't expect to take anything from the game tonight the second half collapse must have been really concerning, it really could have been 7 or 8....

I still think the quality of Naismith, Boyce and decent pros like Smith, Washington and Clare will ensure they at least finish above bottom but the relegation play off spot could beckon, especially with that goalkeeper 😱😱

Celtic? First half...meh ! 

Second half, excellent 😎

Edited by Flybhoy

6 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

I know that everyone says this but that Hearts goalkeeper is fucking abysmal, seen Michael Stewart alluding on Twitter earlier that they could have brought Craig Gordon in before January window closed but Stendel didn't fancy him and preferred to stick with Joel Perrera.

While, realistically Hearts fans probably didn't expect to take anything from the game tonight the second half collapse must have been really concerning, it really could have been 7 or 8....

I still think the quality of Naismith, Boyce and decent pros like Smith, Washington and Clare will ensure they at least finish above bottom but the relegation play off spot could beckon, especially with that goalkeeper 😱😱

Celtic? First half...meh ! 

Second half, excellent 😎

Stewart is a slavering c**t at times.  Was nowt to do with Stendel not wanting him, we tried to make it happen and Gordon wanted to come but Celtic wouldn't play ball and wanted to keep him.   

A great 2nd half performance after Hearts looked fairly threatening in the 1st but the game was done inside the first 10 minutes of the 2nd. Ntcham, Taylor and McGregor were the star performers and we probably could have had a couple more goals.

No idea how Pereira is on the books at Man United as he's a complete bombscare. One point in the first half, his defenders were all shouting to clear long but he's trying to chip it to his right back then centre back. Mental behaviour.

A great Celtic showing helped by a result down in Ayrshire also [emoji41]

Last night was cracking. Shite how Sportscene isn't on till later today. Was itching to watch it when I got in last night.

We were really good and I don't even think Hearts played that badly. Pereira kind of reminds me of an outfield player going in goals and forgets that you can actually use your hands at times. We had scored a few I think before I could remember him making a save I think. Surely he isn’t the best out of a bad lot? 

Edited by gannonball