Scottish Cup Quarter Final Dra’

jamamafegan

I am 100% on board with giving Celtic the absolute bare minimum and leaving our ground looking empty.

Unfortunately though Brown will be licking his lips at the prospect of some TV money and 3 stands full of Celtic fans.

Don’t get me started again....

Games are going to be Hibs v ICT Friday night on BBC, Hearts v Rangers Saturday on Premier, St Johnstone v Celtic Sunday on Premier, other game on BBC either the Saturday or Sunday.

No other way to arrange them given the surrounding fixtures. Hibs v hearts is the Tuesday after so neither will play the Sunday and Edinburgh polis won't allow both to play same day when it includes the ****. Celtic have their European game on the Thursday preceding so can't play till the Sunday. Rangers European games is on the Wednesday so can play on the Saturday.

IMG_1024.jpg

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

I’d give celtic the minimum amount of tickets we’re allowed to here just to f**k them about.  Is it 25% of the ground in the rules for cup ties?

It’s all additional revenue so we don’t depend upon it. Give them 2700 tickets (north stand and north end of Main) and have most of the ground empty.  Will look  shite on tv which is what premier sports deserve.

Will also give our players slightly less of a disadvantage in terms of the crowd noise.

Your board gave them three stands the other week, no doubt they will do the same again.

32 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Seems to be nearly always hibs , Aberdeen , Rangers, Celtic get to cup semis

This semi-final line-up has only happened once in the last 40 seasons (across both competitions) - that was in the 2016/17 Scottish Cup.

3 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Games are going to be Hibs v ICT Friday night on BBC, Hearts v Rangers Saturday on Premier, St Johnstone v Celtic Sunday on Premier, other game on BBC either the Saturday or Sunday.

No other way to arrange them given the surrounding fixtures. Hibs v hearts is the Tuesday after so neither will play the Sunday and Edinburgh polis won't allow both to play same day when it includes the ****. Celtic have their European game on the Thursday preceding so can't play till the Sunday. Rangers European games is on the Wednesday so can play on the Saturday.

If they are 12:15pm and 7:20pm kick-offs then surely that's more than far enough apart to prevent problems. It's not like Hibs v Inverness is a high risk fixture.

16 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Would the police want Hearts v Rangers and Hibs v Inverness on same day, even some hours apart?

I also thought BBC may want a Friday for BBC Scotland given that was apparently why they added another game R1-R6... except adjacent midweeks/pick order prevented it R4 & R5.

Fair point, but lunchtime - evening might be enough of a gap to keep the police happy, especially since it's "only" (and I mean that in a good way) Inverness that Hibs are playing. 

Different if it had been Celtic of course.

It's worth noting as well that even without TV coverage, Hibs v Inverness would almost certainly need to be an evening kick-off because Hearts v Rangers (sic) can only be played on Saturday, and Hibs v Inverness can't be played on Sunday.

You'd therefore hope common sense would prevail and they make it Saturday night which I'd imagine is far more convenient for the travelling support. 

Provided we get through I'm quite happy with that. Think just about everyone would have been after ICT, but whoever gets through to the quarters in that game must surely fancy themselves for a shot at a semi-final. Terrible draw for Hearts and Saint Johnstone.